What's new

FBI raiding Colorado medical marijuana sites

66buds

FBI raiding Colorado medical marijuana sites.

Got this from the denver post but cant click the article.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=121339&catid=339

DENVER - 9Wants to Know has learned federal authorities including the FBI are raiding multiple medical marijuana establishments in Colorado, as part of a separate criminal investigation.

9Wants to Know has confirmed search warrants are being served at multiple locations, including CannaMed on Leetsdale Drive in Denver.

Jeff Dorschner, spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney's office in Denver, says the search warrants being served are "part of an ongoing criminal investigation."

FBI Spokesperson Kathy Wright told 9NEWS they are not after the medical marijuana. Instead, Wright said, "Our purpose is not to get the marijuana. We are there for another reason."

Wright continued, "We have the legal authority for a criminal investigation. We were not specifically targeting the marijuana."

rooted

read this earlier in another thread.....

Well this morning AMSDCO was full of Denver Cops, not feds or it didnt look like it.. There was no yellow tape or anything like that... so not sure what happened Raided or Robbed. .. Time to shop around
their phone has been busy all morning.. so i decide to drive down there... well it had about 4 marked Denver cop cars and who knows what else.
i just made the circle and bailed didnt feel like walking up and asking if i could get some smoke.

But yeah the Gold Rush is on....

rooted

here's the link

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_13088294

DENVER POST said:
Bank fraud probe includes car dealership and medical marijuana business
By John Ingold
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/14/2009 12:17:02 PM MDT
Updated: 08/14/2009 12:49:56 PM MDT

Federal authorities arrested four people and served multiple search warrants in the Denver area this morning as part of a large bank fraud investigation.

Details are still sketchy, with more information expected this afternoon following court appearances by those arrested.

Jeff Dorschner, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office in Colorado, said the case centers on a bank fraud investigation. But, during searches today, FBI agents found possible connections to a medical marijuana business.

"During the course of that investigation, search warrants were executed, and it happened that one of the locations turned out to be a medical marijuana dispensary," Dorschner said. "That was not the target of the investigation."

9News reported that federal authorities raided Maaliki Motors on Havana Street in Aurora and told the dealership's owner they were interested in records of customers who purchased cars but failed to make payments on the loans.

Updates on this story will be provided throughout the day here and at www.9news.com.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Apparently the raids aren't related to cannabis, but rather it's part of a wider bank fraud investigation which included a used car dealership.

66buds

I copied and pasted that direct from the denver post and 2 seconds later it was gone, sorry Rooted, cant edit thread titles

JWH-018

Man, how times have changed. FBI gets a warrant for a building and oh it turns out it is a shop that sells weed, lol, we didn't know. And then is quick to point out that they weren't looking for smoke, they're trying to track down a couple of escalades.

K.J

Veteran
i really hope this doesn't turn out to be a money laundering op.

I get the impression that it might be just a single individual they're after, not the whole business. That's just total speculation based on what little story is out there right now.

M

masterKahn

Like any walk of life or business there will be bad people involved. I'm hoping it's just a case of MMJ being caught up in a bigger mess and not a targeted attack.

66buds

DENVER - 9Wants to Know has learned federal authorities including the FBI are raiding multiple medical marijuana establishments in Colorado, as part of a separate criminal investigation.

9Wants to Know has confirmed search warrants are being served at multiple locations, including CannaMed on Leetsdale Drive in Denver.

Jeff Dorschner, spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney's office in Denver, says the search warrants being served are "part of an ongoing criminal investigation."

FBI Spokesperson Kathy Wright told 9NEWS they are not after the medical marijuana. Instead, Wright said, "Our purpose is not to get the marijuana. We are there for another reason."

Wright continued, "We have the legal authority for a criminal investigation. We were not specifically targeting the marijuana."

If you have more information about this story e-mail the 9Wants to Know investigative team at blowthewhistle@9news.com.

(Copyright KUSA*TV, All Rights Reserved)

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=121339&catid=339

feltonmuggs

After reading this, it appears the MMJ shop is not the target, rather people who bought cars with credit cards and never paid the banks...

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=121335&catid=339

"The FBI raided Maaliki Motors Friday morning, seizing records out of the dealership. However, none of the dealership's employees or owner were arrested. The owner of the dealership tells 9Wants to Know the FBI is looking for records that will shed light on a ring of customers who bought four to six cars with credit cards and then defrauded their banks."

Good vibes, FM

*edit* it just so happens the sketchy MMJ dispensary is located on the same property

Last edited:

66buds

"Our purpose is not to get the marijuana. We are there for another reason."

wtf?? the only other thing is the $$$

JWH-018

So in the end these guys bought four used cars with some credit cards and then didn't pay their bill. What a sickeningly mundane crime. This thread certainly gets the "story didn't turn out like the title at ALL" award of the year.

K.J

Veteran

alphaguru

A mod should either edit this title or delete this thread.

you jumped the gun so fast 66BUDS that I almost shit myself.

Latest posts

Latest posts