What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bobby Stainless presents: Return to the 36th Chamber

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Hey everybody! Hope everybody had a happy 420! I did.

Solarz: Still around, and I am going to try and get an update today.

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Some quick update shots.

Some quick update shots.

Here is some Power House in my new Water Farm. Took a little while to get everything dialed in, but I think I've got it. First time using this type system. Had a little nute burn when I switched them to flower.

Took the ppms from about 600-1000 in one feeding...:yoinks:

The PH was a bitch to keep down, but I got that at a solid 5.8. I thin the dust on the Hydroton beads, acts like a PH up.

Anyhow fresh growth is looking good. All my other shit is running along just fine. Just harvested some Power House that is the Deep Chunk pheno, and that stuff is something!

On with the show.
picture.php

You can see some leftover burn in this picture.
picture.php

Montell's Pride x Biko
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Early Power House
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Casey Jones
picture.php

The next run
picture.php

picture.php

Vegetation Laboratory
picture.php

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
You know me. I get bored easily.

Thinking of trying out a few 5gals of CoCo. Just for a comparison. I was reading about how Head uses GH nutes and that's it.

While I don't think the flavor profile will be as good as organic, I bet it is pretty darn close.

I am getting tired of buying all the shit needed for Organic. Only one place has it, and I get sketched out every time I go. Which is quite a bit, with the amount of strains and buckets i run. Then I have to amend it, which is a big mess. Organic is great if, you are only doing a few plants, much more than that, it becomes a labor of love, if done right.

Probably end up doing a mix of Organic, CoCo, and Hydro.

Got to keep the Head Stash organic.

xOOx

lookin good mr. bobby!

i'd say just keep it simple.. basic chemicals .. no fancy pantsy flavory stuff.. and flush them girlies for last 3 weeks until all the leaves yellow.. wither.. and fall off .. and u should be just as good as organic..

xUUx

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
^ I am thinking the same thing.

I know I will end up getting more weight, which isn't a bad thing.

Used to use a couple Areoflo's back in the day, and forgot how easy it is... Organics is a bit of a hobby in itself.

solarz

Nice to see ya back bobby...and i feel you on the organics. I'm running all organics at the moment, and i have to admit that the work/time saved in not having to mix nutes/etc is appreciated with using organics. Like you...i have read thru Head's coco thread a few times and have all the nutes/ph up and down, etc...my Warlock clones just aren't ready to be pulled from the bubble cloner. But i'm planning on running 4 cuts of warlock...2 in coco using heads formula...and the other 2 in organics and then seeing how they turn out. Everything else will be identical, except chemical vs. organic nutes. I may post a journal up to show the run...stay tuned.

solarz

Also, if you don't mind...and have the time..do you think that you could maybe do a trim/dry/cure journal for those of use who absolutely suck at it? I've looked around, and i honestly really like the way your end product looks....so i was wondering if you would do me (and i'm sure others) the favor of explaining your process of trimming/drying and curing.

thanks in advance ;-)

solarz

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Really there is not much to my trimming. I like to leave some leaf, in order to protect the bud. I start by cutting the entire plant, and then I hang it in a closet with a small fan. It stays in there for 4-6 days. Then I take it out an cut all the leaves off and return it to the closet for another couple of days. I then trim it down an jar it. First day usually keep the lid off for the majority of the time.

Trick is to do it as slowly as possible.

And to get perfect looking buds, you have to hang them till the outside is crispy.

I learned this method from a Cannabis Culture article I read by DJ Short. I have changed some things, and do not use a paper bag, like DJ does.

Let me know if you have any more questions, and i look forward to seeing your comparison. I am positive there will be a heavier yield, but i am wondering about if there is enough of a difference in quality, to merit the time and work that goes into organics. (Now that's a run-on sentence!)

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Wow is this thread ever moving fast, looks like you got no problem with anyone finding your thread

When I dry, I do pretty much the same as you, small fan, cooler room, I will leave them until I feel they are ready, trim them up, and jar them, usually leaving jar open for first 2 or 3 days(just to be sure) Then into the open lid once a day for 15 minutes for about 2 weeks

Then I close lid until I am ready for some bud

solarz

Really there is not much to my trimming. I like to leave some leaf, in order to protect the bud. I start by cutting the entire plant, and then I hang it in a closet with a small fan. It stays in there for 4-6 days. Then I take it out an cut all the leaves off and return it to the closet for another couple of days. I then trim it down an jar it. First day usually keep the lid off for the majority of the time.

Trick is to do it as slowly as possible.

And to get perfect looking buds, you have to hang them till the outside is crispy.

I learned this method from a Cannabis Culture article I read by DJ Short. I have changed some things, and do not use a paper bag, like DJ does.

Let me know if you have any more questions, and i look forward to seeing your comparison. I am positive there will be a heavier yield, but i am wondering about if there is enough of a difference in quality, to merit the time and work that goes into organics. (Now that's a run-on sentence!)
So you don't make any leave/fan cuts before you hang to dry? My process is that i would normally cut the plant into hanging peices. I then take those individual pieces and then i will trim all of the large fan leaves, then try to get as many of the smaller leaves (w/in the bud) as i can. I then take them and hang them to dry for about a week or so. For instance, i took a plant down last friday, and did this process...then hung it to dry. Its been in the bathroom with no lights, and the bathroom fan on to exchange a lil air. Now after i take them down...i'll jar them up, and open the jar about 15 mins a day. Thing is...i never really get that weed smell, its typically a hay-ish grassy type smell. I'm going for that good looking, good smelling end product.

solarz

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
B.O.B.B.Y. Sha-na-na....The Head formula is killer in coco...I use it all through veg, and the first month or so of flower, then they eat PBP and Molasses for a month, then flush for the rest....May not get as high a yeild, but the smoke is DEFINATELY more enjoyable...I can tell the difference in flavor immensly compared to running the same formula without the switch to PBP and molasses...Nice, hearty, clean burning nugs, just taste like nothing....All praises to the gods, WuTanG...
MP

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Thanks for the input MP.

I am going to start a Hashmaster, Sunshine #2, Bubba Gum, Mirre, and Deep Congo in CoCo today. I am also going to do a Casey Jones and a Power House, so I can directly compare strains.

I have not moved forward much, due to my Water Farm issues, but I think those are over. A word of warning on the Water Farms. While extremely easy to set up and use, constant monitoring of the various buckets and res are needed. Wouldn't be this way if it was a re-circulating system, but then it wouldn't cost 350 bucks.

Probably be as expensive as the 12 site CC recirculating system is.

B

Brother_Monk

I have not moved forward much, due to my Water Farm issues, but I think those are over. A word of warning on the Water Farms. While extremely easy to set up and use, constant monitoring of the various buckets and res are needed. Wouldn't be this way if it was a re-circulating system, but then it wouldn't cost 350 bucks.
Hehheh.....I went through the exact growing pains, with my waterfarms. Ended up turning it into a recirc anywayz. No probelms after that, except cleaning the salt off the drip rings every week. Even that wasn't too bad considering, once I had it locked down, the system performed very well, and produced some heavy harvests.

What I did was easy. Just dropped a small pump in the end bucket, pumping back to the rez every 15 min. It would empty almost the entire system back into the rez, thus causing the controller to keep refreshing the sys 4 times an hour.

Ehhhh....live and learn.

:ying: