What's new

coco trees in big pots

cyat

Veteran
Thanks hydro, but the stalks were fuckin huge and theres no way I could have fit another plant in there. I got some pics just bein lazy, soon come
thanks down2gro good vibes
laylow and opus thanx too

people will disagree but I dont think vert bulbs are all that, and my yields are pretty much the same no matter what technique, and I've tried a lot of growing styles and feeds.
seems strain is the biggest key to good yields.
that said I'm gona run organic for a while since that yielded the same as hydro for me.
growin trees is nice but really kills my power bill, and yields the same in the end.
thanks for the opinions guys!

mango420

First time coco tree grower here..think they should yeild pretty good I hope

Heres how they started out, I know they look terrible, underfed and over watered, but after a week or so they started growing again
Picture 185.jpg
Here they are just over a month later, in 5 gallon pots
Picture 194.jpg
Had to be transplanted as they were rootbound in the 5's
Picture 198.jpg
Here they are 2 weeks later, after been transplanted into 27 gallon totes
Picture 219.jpg
Here they are only 5 days after the last pic, about 5.5 feet wide and 6 ft tall..still in veg
Picture 237.jpg
few days after flip
Picture 249.jpg
Stalk
Picture 241.jpg
Overview of the trees, there about 7 feet in this pic
Picture 252.jpg

mango420

There dtw, its all concrete floor so its fine, they maybe get a litre of runoff each day, fed 8 times a day about 2.5 gallons a day

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Hey guys..this thread is awesome!!!

Im a organic soil grower, using a massive 1000 liter soilbed with 3x600w aircooled hps´ burning above. I grow sog style with app. 100 cuts in the bed pr. run. Recently i have been thinking about making the switch to organic coco semi-trees in containers. But im lazy as f.u.c.k. and want to keep it as simple as possible.
My setup now consists of the following. A mother room that measures 3x1m. In there i keep my 2-3ft mothers under a 400w MH with a adjustawing. Next to the mother room is the flower room that measures 2x3m.
Now i have been thinking about making new bonsai moms of all my current mothers to reduce the space used by them, thus leaving room under the 400w for veggin about 6 plants 6-8 weeks before putting them into 5gal(or bigger?) containers and flowering them under the 3x600´s. Now i want to keep it incredibly simple as i stated. So the plan was to make a mix of 50% coco 30% ewc and 20% perlite(something like LC´s Mix), and then feed with teas, or maybe even a bottled organic line...tho i would prefer a line that does not consist of a whole gang of products, but maybe a 3part organic line. I would be hand watering, but i am unsure about how frequent i would have to do so. Id prefer if it would be no more than once pr day. Also i would love to be able to not worry about ph or buying a ec meter as well. Is this possible? I am sorry for my ignorance, but i feel this thread is a great thread for gettin the right answers for my q´s.

Stay Safe

BigDawg

hey GDK,

once a day in veg and until stretch is over, then twice a day after that should be good. It really depends how big the plants get and your environment. It's best to use vertical lights when doing trees or else you might as well just veg for a month. If you LST and/or scrog them, you could veg longer and still do horizontal lighting i suppose.

Since your organic you wouldn't need ec meter but I would think you should use a pH meter, regardless. I'm not an organic grower but some check and adjust their pH and some don't.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
So the plan was to make a mix of 50% coco 30% ewc and 20% perlite(something like LC´s Mix), and then feed with teas, or maybe even a bottled organic line...tho i would prefer a line that does not consist of a whole gang of products, but maybe a 3part organic line. I would be hand watering, but i am unsure about how frequent i would have to do so. Id prefer if it would be no more than once pr day. Also i would love to be able to not worry about ph or buying a ec meter as well. Is this possible?

I'm doing something very similar to what you are proposing and it is working just fine. I'm growing in no-till recycled LC's mix with coco as a peat replacement (so 50% coco, 30% perlite, 20% castings). My mix was amended with two types of guano (high N and high P) and kelp. For feeding I top dress mulch, guano, EWC, and kelp. I have also used some teas (EWC, molasses, fish hydrolysate, and kelp), but I think of these more as a microbial inoculation than feeding. My container is a 22 gallon Sterilite tote. On the first run I did one plant per tote. On my second run I have 2 plants per tote. During peak water usage I water 0.5 gallons once per day, but I could water more less frequently. I took a 5 day trip awhile back. I saturated the medium before I left. When I came back the plants were fine - no droop at all. Mulch really helps with water retention.

Pine

Edit: I've been using RO water and rain water. I don't do any metering (EC or pH)

Last edited:

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Thanks for the answers guys. Do you think i could veg 6 plants in a 1x2m under a 400w MH Adjustawing for the full 8 weeks, and do you think that 8 weeks would be enough to grow 6 bushes that would fit under 3x600wHPS in a 3x2m area.Id prolly use 10 gal containers..And finally..would it be an effective setup, or does it sound way off?

Stay Safe

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Thanks for the answers guys. Do you think i could veg 6 plants in a 1x2m under a 400w MH Adjustawing for the full 8 weeks, and do you think that 8 weeks would be enough to grow 6 bushes that would fit under 3x600wHPS in a 3x2m area.Id prolly use 10 gal containers..And finally..would it be an effective setup, or does it sound way off?

I think it would work fine depending on the strain. With a no-stretch indica 6 plants vegged 8 weeks under 400w are probably not going to fill up the flowering space, but I would think you would be good-to-go with a sativa or sativa hybrid.

Pine

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
absolutely cool thread but high class grower still there, man your job is perfect , the result are awesome!!!!!!

Nvidia.

wow, really nice trees, coconut has always stood by the huge pontencial the downside of our friends, the roots

big regards

Latest posts

Latest posts