What's new

Sugar Shack Junk Yard

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
dang brotha hope you get them temps under control so ya'll choose a desert envro to move to eh :) welcome to { you can cook a egg on the sidewalk } part of the world lmao. ya'll dont have centeral a/c or even swampy for your house ??? Sirsmokealot another member here and my nephew awoke yesterday to his a/c off in his new built room. his temps got 125 fricken ouch they wernt flipped yet looks like he'll salvage most of the plants, he just has to worry bout hermis now maybe. seing your new to this part of the world drink plenty of water in this heat dont wear heavy clothing. if you leave your home take planty of water with you even for a walk around the block or drive down to the store. where i live from 3pm-6pm the heat will max out and be at it's hottest point i try n stay indoors during this time just to hot for me and i pratcally grew up here

HairlessCaveApe

Hey Howdy Maj.! Yea, its crazy incredible! 125f !!?? Aye Carrumba! But the lizzards are sooo cool! We even gettem scurryin round the house. We shake our shoes out too! My wife almost wore a lizzard on her foot one mornin. Craziest shitt! On time we were goin to the store and she grabed a shirt off the closet shelf and when we were gettin down the drive a 6 inch lizzard jumped outta her shirt! She danced and wiggled and giggled! We love it out here. We really gotta make this work. We got a lease agrement with the landlords and a option to buy at the end of the years lease. Yea, we gotta do all the repairs and all. It was prety broken down when we got it but its pikkin up steady. Slow but steady. I hope to be gettin a livinroom cealin and a swamp cooler rite after first harvest! My wifes the best! Anyone elce woulda left me long ago! I think I mighta even left my own damn self. :laughing: :bashhead: :laughing: Well so far the air's holdin steady @ 76. I hope it continues keepin up. Il be gettin my plywood for my windows and cealing them up today and I think Im gonna put them lavenders in. WHEee Doggy! Its gonna feel good havin flowers in the house again! What a beautyfull fealin! :rasta: Blessins my Brudda! :rasta: The rooms callin me!

HairlessCaveApe

Well now aint that a bitch. :cuss: You can see rite threw my ac. Fukk! Now I gotta make a light blind foir it. Both the intake and exhaust. Il use the box it came in and the generator box too. I noticed it when I bloked the windows out. I got all round the windows real good but the whole ac unit just leaks light like crazy. I always kept it pitch black dark durring my nights and I never had a hermi or a seed. Everyting elce seems prety good tho. With the temps at 110f it stays 86 in my room. A bit hot but doable. Wish I coulda got a bigger ac but this one'l have to do. My old chiller's bringin the chillin pool down to the bottom! My waters at bout 56 now. :rasta: Thats where its set I think. Well now I gotta fukk with makin a light blind for my ac. I thought I'd have plenty time to flush my system out, mix nutes and put clones in. I dunno If I'l be able to get to it today. I still gotta drill some holes and put my ballasts under the house too. Oh well. I guess now Il just get with the ductape and boxes and get to makin a light blind. Then once I got that done Il fill my system with just enoughf water to flush it out real good. Then I'l get the ballasts under the house. I gotts get the cord for my LT4 threw a 2 x 3 without a drill too. :bashhead: Then I'l be ready to run. Damn! I think I coulda got all this done today but now I gotta fukk with this light blind. I still mite get it. I really wanna get flowers goin today. Im ready to dig threw the 2 x 3 with a screw driver, and threw the floor too. Crazy, I aint got a drill. I had all this shitt but between movin and my ex grow partner Im in dire straights. Oh well. Im gonna take this li'l break and get back in it. Its all real good tho. Its a labour of love! :canabis: Well Imma skipp round the forums a bit and then get back in it. Blessins on us all!

HairlessCaveApe

aAAAAAA Krapp! :cuss: I wont be runnin till monday unless I find somthing to use for a light blind at my ac low end. I meen where it blows in the room from. I got a ride monday into the city so I can pick up smore 6" duct. Il get the kind you cant see threw and ductape it to the vent real good and keep the light out like that. I got the botom of the light blind done with the box the ac came in but I gotta get somma that duct you cant see threw for the blower part. Well thatl gimme time to drill threw my 2" x 3" with my screw driver. Plenty time to get my ballasts under my house too. Well, its breakin my heart but unless I think of something elce, I wont be runnin till monday. :badday:

Pau Gasol

These setup problems must be frustrating...keep pluggin away! Looking forward to seeing pics of your room at some point!

HairlessCaveApe

Thank you very much Pau. It realy is frustrating. I usta have everything I needed but from movin and everything I find myself in need more than anything elce. I'l get it tho. Im prolly gonna do some more lightproofing around my doors today. They dont have any luminum tape at our local hardware store so I been cuttin strips of luminum foil from a roll and stikkin it on the center of strips of ductape. I been tapin this over cracks of light. Its slow and time consumin but it works. I figure Il prolly get my ballasts mounted under the house today too. Gougin holes in the floor with my screwdriver aint too bad but I dont know how good Il get threw the 2" x 3" for my LT4. Im gonna try anyhow. Damn. If I can figure out how to make ducts outta what I got layin round I will! Blessins on ya my Friend! Im goin back to work!

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
hey HCA heres a suggestion for door light leaks, i use 3/4 wide x 3/4 inch thick door weatherstripng has self adhisive back. i close the door and from inside the erea where door closes on. i place the weather striping along inside of door frame so when door closes on the little strip of wood in center of door frame i run the weather stiping along that and door gently bumps against the weatherstriping also. stuff comes in 10ft rolls at any local hardware store ace lowes homedepot walmart kmart anyplace like that.

HairlessCaveApe

Thank you my Brudda! :rasta: Yea, I got the 3/4" x 1/2". Its great stuff but both doors I gotta do are banana'd up like crazy. Im tryin to bend the jams to contor fit the doors. This along with the insulation stripin like you described did prety good but I still see a li' light. Im gonna take care of the rest with cardboard I guess. On the good side, I managed to find a friend with a 7/8" drll bit and a drill to get my LT4 up with. Thank God,cause I was seriously gonna gouge threw a 2" x 3" with a screwdriver in order to get it up. The cord had to go threw the 2" x 3" in the wall. I got it threw and I got my cord in my breaker box so now I just gotta put my 40amp breaker in and screw my wires in. Sweet! :jump: I stoped for a while durring the hotest part of the day and took a break but Im bout to get back to work and get my breaker in. Il use the same bit for the holes in the floor to send my light sokket cords down to my ballasts, and the hole for where my ballast power cords come up threw the floor and plug into the LT. :muahaha: ! Other than that Im prety much set up. I just gotta screw around with the doors a li'l more, get the holes in the floor for my LT4, set my ballasts under the house, flush my system out a bit, and monday I get to go to the city and get my lightproof 6" flex duct to block out the light rite at where the cold comes outta the ac, the rest of the ac's lightproofed allready. wWWHHHhheeeee Doggy! I shurly autta be runnin after we get back from the city with my lightproof duct monday! :hotbounce I thoutght we'd be runnin alot sooner but it really dose seem like we'l be runnin by monday! :hotbounce Well Im gonna skip round the forums a bit and then get back to work! :yes:

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
right on buddy glad your gettn the room under control heres a few pics of the sugar shack, the 2 biguns in the mid of pic are the shack, normally i flip them around 10-12in and they finish 24-28in these 2 where flipped around 18-20in

this 2nd pic shows 1 of the shacks main tops not bad for 25 days 12/12

heres the bonsai mothers sugar shack on right memoryloss strawberry desiel pheno on left

closer of the shack and where the cuts come from :)

just a few more days brotha :) and sugar shack will be back in your possesion

HairlessCaveApe

oOOOO Yea Maj.! I can hardly wait! I can just about smellem from the pics! Yea Bud. They look great @ 25 days! Yea man. This is onna my prayrs answered! Kinda makes it feel like everythings gonna work out allright. Il be gettin my ballasts in place today and poppin my 40 amp breaker in. Monday I get my light proof vent. By then Il have my system all flushed out and ready to go. My Lavender clones will go in and leave an empyt bukkin just for a li'l piece of that beautyfull mom! Blessins on Ya my Brudda! :rasta: Im gonna eat some doughnuts and get to drillin threw my floor!

HairlessCaveApe

Hey Howdy Pau! I had it since 02 and lost it in 07. I think the Maj. has had it for as long also. I just got done hookin up my ballasts under the house. Im takin a li'l break and then I'l prolly get to puttin my 40 amp breaker in and screwin my wires from my LT4 to it. wWWHheee Doggy! Shouldnt be much longer now! My clones are gettin too big, I really gotta gettem in the flower room rite away. Well hopefully by tomorow Il have my breaker in, my LT4 screwed to it, my system flushed and my minor light leaks fixed! Then hopefully monday my ride'l get me to the city and I can get my lightproof 6" flex duct and Il have my ac completely light proofed. Thats the last thing I gotta do to run the system. From there its just mixin nutes and puttin clones in! Lord willin Il be able to puttem in monday! Well Im gonna chill for a li'l bit and then Il prolly get back in it! :rasta: Blessins Bruddas and Sistas!

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
hello PG thankyou i smoked sugar shack just about all of 05 in dec some came seeded. i was gifted 30 seed in 3-06 / 22 sprouted 18 survived all female of all the seed gifted and theres been several no males. of my 18 i kept 10 and gifted the rest :muahaha: spread the love. i love it hope Ja continues to bless my garden with it for yrs to come, them pic's of the bonsai mum's arent very good the plants look much better in person lol. this current bonsai mum i've been training since april i think would have to look this makes my 4th i've kept for a mum another easy 4 i've gifted as bonsai mum's :rasta:

right on HCA gettn the breaker installed, if we buy this house next yr i'm gonna run a 4 / 15amp sub panel to a 60amp breaker. i can run across my attick the garage attick is open to the house. so i can run across both un obstructed then drop into my master bedroom closet thats the plan at least lol. then everything will be contained in the closet flower and veg and wifey much happier lol

HairlessCaveApe

Hey Howdy Maj.! Sounds sweet with the sub pannel! I got real lucky. The bedroom Im usin for my flower room is 11' x 14'. It has a 5' x 5' closet in it with the breaker box in it. I only had to go threw one wall to get my LT4 in it. I got all my ballasts under the house too. I figure Il flush the system out real good tomorow. I cant hardly wait for monday! Thats whats holdin me up now. I gotta get that light proof 6" flex duct to complete the light proofin of my ac. Still and all, it seems Il be able to mix nutes and put them Lavenders in rite after that! :hotbounce What perfict timin! Il have a bukkit ready and waitin for our new Family member! :canabis: Blessins on Ya Brudda! :rasta:

Maj.PotHead

Mentor
Veteran
hey n/p buddy glad things are coming together wow i just noticed your ballasts are under the house ???. nice spot just make sure you dont live where when it rains it floods or even worse flash floods the desert floods much easier then where your from.
and now where in monsoon season heres a tip pls pls dont drive across or through moving water across roadways. trust me on this water can and dose get moving 60mph easy 1 ft of water moving that fast will wash most cars and small trucks away. heck might even wash my monster of 8,500 lbs 1964 ford 4x4 truck away just something to bear in mind. maybe ask your neighbors or even landlord about flooding how often and where the spots that most frequently, personally i dont like driving in the rain because of flash flooding. you can be stoped on the road in a low spot say the road gose over a small wash. the wash is empty 1 second the next 2-3ft + wall of water comes rushing through thats flash flood it might not even be raining by you. but in the mtns if it is thats where the water will come from maybe 20-30 miles away. fast very fast the water moves just use good common sense when it rains and you'll be just fine. this is just a heads up on flash flooding if you wernt aware :)

HairlessCaveApe

Hey Howdy Maj.! Yea its like bein on another planet out here. I realy dig it tho. Back in the late 80s I spent 3 years in AZ. Somma the best times I ever had! I loved it out there. I realy love it out here too. Such a cool place. I always found wildlife very interesting. Here we got scorpions, tarantulas,lizzards, snakes,hawks and even eagles. Ive even had humungous eagles hangin out on the pole for my lectric lines. One even swooped and got himself a groundhog outta our field! Its like livin in a Marty Stoffer episode. Its realy cool up here. --I shure do gotta keep an eye on my ballasts. I setem on a raised piece of plywood but Im still gonna keep an eye onem. It dont seem like it will flood under the house but my compulsive nature forces me to wanna keep a close eye onem. Il shurly be peekin under the house whenever it rains! I remember one time in AZ, me and my buddy were ridin along in a drywash and we got to where it ran under a road. We stoped because we couldnt fit under the overpass. When we stoped and put it in reverse we dug our rear tires down to the axyl. We got out and finished bout half a case of Buds when someone in a pickup saw us from the overpass and offered to pull us out of the drywash. After we were pulled out we watched as the water that was under the sand filled the holes left by our swamped tires. It reminded me of what the oldtimers told us about findin your way to a drywash if ya ever get lost in the desert because thats where youl find water under the sand(if yer lucky). Yea.. I really apreciate this enviorment! Its just as natural as I like it! :rasta: Il see ya later on Maj.! Im gonna eat somthing and flush my system and check for leaks! :rasta: Wheee Doggy! I cant wait to put clones in tomorow!

HairlessCaveApe

Whoo HHOOoo! :hotbounce ! Yea Buddy! Im ready. Everythings runnin! After alla the movin around from state to state and grow to gro and alla my quipment runns great still. I was gonna put my Lavenders in but Im waitin till tomorow so I can puttem in while its daylight forem. I got my lights goin from 5am to 5 pm. I had everything goin today and ran it for a good while to make shure everythings runnin good and it is. So Im waitin till 5 am to puttem in. Its a beautyfull room and I cant wait to take pics but I aint gotta camera yet. Il see if I can get holda one. I got a Leader Eco plus 240 pushin the nutes with an arctica 1/10th horse chiller coolinem off. 4 root zone chambers in all with netafim quad foggers innem. Just like earlier in the thread. Everythins prety much the same but its a bit more spread out and I got a new li' ac. The biggest differance is my new lights. Im runnin 4 x 600watts hps in cooltubes, for a total of 2400 flower room watts. Il be runnin 1 ofem tomorow and then another in 2 weeks when I put my next set of flowers in and then 2 weeks later another set. I dig the "every other week we harvest" perpetual harvest! This is how we always had it and its gonna be great to have it runnin sweet like that again! Praise the Lord! :hotbounce Me and my wife will be puttin flower in in the mornin! And then, on top of alla this, the Shack is commin back! :canabis: Blessins on everyone! :rasta:

HairlessCaveApe

Choki_777 said:
Very nice plants... :joint:
Hey Howdy Choki! The Maj. grows some beautyfull Shack! :respect: I cant wait to get it back in my grow. This Lavender Il be runnin is just to get me threw till I can start cuttin offa mother Shacker :jawdrop: ! Blessins on us all! :rasta:

HairlessCaveApe

Yea! Here we go! Day 1 flower! I got 4 Lavenders in this mornin! 2 were way overgrown but my circumstances made things go that way. 2 are bout the size I like to puttem in at. Praise God everythings runnin rite! I had to tear a li'l root to gettem outta theyr bubble bukkit too but I think theyl recoup. They always have. I had to prop the 2 overgrown ones up with coathangers too but I think theyl be fine. Damn, it feels good to be back to work! A li'l later Il take 4 cuttings off my mom Lav. I got clones in a bukkit all rooted and ready to go in 2 weeks and the ones I cut today will be ready to go in 2 weeks after that! wWWHHhheeee Doggy! Im back in buisness! and- The Shack is commin! I should be recieving a mom cutting over the weekend. Il bubble her sweetly and hopefully Il be able to start cuttin offa her round the middle of sept! --Well Il be goin back n forth to the flower room to make shure everythings runnin proper! Blessins everyone! I hope I can get my hands on a camera soon. It looks really good in there!