What's new

there here ( what MR.X using ) LED

AlexTrebek

Just to be clear, the problem hasn't been corrected, it's been scaled back.

The problem is still there, it's just maybe not so bad that you can tell with your eyes any more.

The correct way to do it was outlined earlier. A single series string of LEDs for each driver.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just want consumers to know what's up so they can start to demand a quality product from vendors. Doing it wrong to save $10-15 in driver components on each unit would never fly with my company.

V4 series will have it corrected.
If any problems arise with V3 regarding the problem,
Evo will replace or fix it.
We need to start seeing grows with these :x

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ well, I hope so, I actually spent a total of maybe two months back and forth dealing with them.. then to end up with a light that do not "balance" right...

knna, so here are the values on the solder points, going from the light input side to the "bacK"

(power input ) (-7.11 / -7.11 ) (led middle ) (-6.94 / -6.94 )

here is the volt meter, I clicked it to the red outlined box, please tell me if I did it wrong.......

Last edited:

Bozzer

Such a shame they seam like great lights, i was considering getting some of the 70W. Guess i going to wait untill there next model to come out.

T

teerull

How reliable is the info on their webpage regarding the footprint of these lights?

For example for the EVO50 model they claim 0.7x0.4m for effective growing. If my approximations are close enough that should indicate about a 20cm distance between the panel and the plant, which feels about right but... is it?

I'm planning on a micro stealth cab with the EVO50 so just wondering how accurate those numbers are...in other words should my scrog screen be 0.7m x 0.4m?

thanks for any input,
T:joint:

azsupratt

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with someone from evo? There website links aren't working and I am very interested in picking up a couple of these. Thanks

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ yes.

I'm flowering with them. but the plants are not even to my standards as I've been busy with another move. so these plants got subjected to two times of lights being turned off thinking they would be killed, then rootbound in small small pots before being transplanted. never pH'd the water from the start of there life, and that goes with nute schedule, also didn't run my usual R/O water as it was unhooked for a long time..... these plants actually look very well for how much I didn't give a shit about them.. also switched coco brand from canna to bcuzz.. just a crazy setup. also just saw form the pic, there in half gallon pots, transplanted them at flower timing, they were in little smaller then solo cups there whole life before. so they will never reach potential of a gallon pot even, but didn't feel like a bigger pot.. ( I'm always messing around ). also snipped the bottom side branches from them..

might move the lights a little apart and move the pots into a square configuration.. not sure if this is the optimal use of space/ lighting..

strains are GPxBB, and flo. flo on the left two, GP on the two right. so keep in mind the strain 'potential'

maybe 5-7 days in flower, not even sure... ??? ( I know not much to look at, maybe a pic a week soon )

in an attempt, I hope to gain some knowledge on the power of these through a very rough test. obviously these plants are not optimal ,and will then not turn out optimal, but I guess it's better then tossing them right?

I hope to email them , and see if they can fix my lights when I move.

we'll hopefully this will turn into a little experiment, and hopefully it won't get to messed up. I'm trying to turn them around, but....

wondering where knna went though? would love the input on the meter thing I got for him, to know how messed up the light is or not, but seeing by my light meter, I would say it's not very well..

Last edited:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so here's an update, really surprised how there turning around, I'm trying to get them better for the grow..

( these are not updated by weeks... )

#5 ( starting to see the N overload, as I'm playing with no runoff / new nutes .. )

#6 ( flo's are starting to look bad, feed twice plain water, so no p/k / cal/mg for a week.. )

have fun

Last edited:

setaemies

Looking very nice there! Really eager to see what these lamps can do. Have you grown these same strains under other lights? How would you compare internodal spacing if you have? In Mr. X's grow some of the strains seemed to have wider than usual internodal spacing. I'm just wondering if it's the overall low irradiance level, spectrum or both causing this?

Slimm

Well they do look happy now and are filling out nicely. How is the penetration on those lights? Did you get the problem light resolved?

Bozzer

They are looking very nice lucky u did not through them away, cant wait to see how the respond in flower

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good :tiphat:

thank you sir

Looking very nice there! Really eager to see what these lamps can do. Have you grown these same strains under other lights? How would you compare internodal spacing if you have? In Mr. X's grow some of the strains seemed to have wider than usual internodal spacing. I'm just wondering if it's the overall low irradiance level, spectrum or both causing this?

flo I have grown. But problem being I've always topped or LST, or flowered from clone.. also these are all from seed, so no clone.

internodal spacing, I cannot speak of yet, and yes it is very important to me, because you can work with more for less, and it's what I'm after seeing how the lumigrow gives super compact nodal spacing. problem being again I've turned off the lights on them twice thinking I was going to kill them, so they were in the dark for days, which would lead to stem stretch..

with MR.X , well the problem is we do not know how far the lights were above, and i think he was running much less lighting per square foot.

Well they do look happy now and are filling out nicely. How is the penetration on those lights? Did you get the problem light resolved?

penetration, yet to be known, but I think I can start to see where you should not go past, maybe we will see more in flower, I've kept some lower branches on a GPxBB for this 'test'

no fix yet, hopefully after this run as I don't want to replace the lights in the middle of the grow..

They are looking very nice lucky u did not through them away, cant wait to see how the respond in flower

good thing I guess.

thanks for stopping by

thanks everyone,

have fun

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ very interested what the V4 do also, or what LED they use, or what they changed since this model.

( if anyone wants to see any pics, there on page 6.. )

Last edited:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
been putting pics at page 6 if anyone is interested..

I'm losing the flos, there not doing so good. Should have tailored the nute, but was to busy with packing..

I'm also on tap water now, so we'll see how it goes...

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, says I can't load more pictures onto my page 6 picture log..

#8 (gone for 10 days, house-sitter fed them plain water, and don't know how much ) ( I can't believe there still alive )