What's new

220w pl-l coco scrog cupboard

Mk3Jetta

I need to check out that organics thread! maryjohn you sound like you know what your doing!

Scrub, I wish I coulda joined you on the gettin high and learning about organics day! I'm gonna take a day off for that.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Hydro I saw that, you lucky so and so. Nice marbling.

MK, it's been great but I hardly learnt a thing. I found the vid about nitrogen though :)

We need a micro organics thread. Or nano organics or something. Worm farms in matchboxes, that sort of thing :cool:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No leaves burn, even the heading tips rubbing on the base. I just kind of supercrop it and hope for the best. :crazy::rasta: When should you not perform any more supercropping? Anyone know? They've just started to bud really, but need more s'cropping.

I have a cfl cab going now that I've had to super crop the plants in it for the first four weeks of flowering. I was doing it damn near every day it seemed like for a while.

maryjohn

Veteran
Scrub, I forgot to mention - use up your guano, but next time consider a dry (or moist) version. With liquid, they charge you for all that water.

Except for the fish juice, and molasses everything is available dry. My favorite is blood meal. If you think about it, it's a bag of scabs.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Sorry to all dialup users

Sorry to all dialup users

Cool. Thanks blynx. I ended up doing all 3 plants, just "snapped" them over all the same way. I won't get anything near what I was hoping on the vert. The stems were too far away from the light at the bottom, and the light was too red, and the bulb before that was clapped out. I was expecting really bushy lateral growth but there's been close to zero. Next time will be a lot different now I know. :)

And next time might be in this, my old server case, 36w bulbs will fit in nicely vertically. I also have the option of using a wall of CCFLs around the outside. You can see a ccfl bulb on the floor - perfect length. The centre floor would be removed of course. The pll's would be in the centre like the fridge plan, with a plant either side.

pc.jpg

pcc.jpg

pccc.jpg

pcccc.jpg

The real interesting bit is that 55w's will just fit in vertically, except not real efficient as the light would be shining on the pots. I've ordered the new 36w bulbs which will fit well vertically. I got 2 x 2700k, and 2 x 3000k Osrams. Here is the server case a long time ago in all her glory. :)

There is also this raggedy ass old thing :pimp3:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I only just noticed the first pics are almost similar :biglaugh: 3 or 4 days I reckon. That is about average representation of the trich colour, but it varies. I'd probably call it 25% amber. What do you guys think of the 48 hours of pure darkness right at the end trick? I wanted to try it last time but it was too awkward. It's easily do-able this time. Thoughts?

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Cool mj. Yeah I was under the impression aussies only had the liquid guano available, that's all you ever hear about. That's why I was so surprised to see 2 dry types at the store. I'm all down to get a bag of this rock stuff though. I have to read up on it yet. Molasses is available dry, unless that was a trick statement :biglaugh: All we ever get here is blood & bone mixed together. I've never seen a blood meal, or a bone meal. Man, we ain't got nuthin' here!

maryjohn

Veteran
never seen dried molasses... but the liquid stuff is cheap enough I don't check.

That soft rock will be great. Just takes time, remember. Talk to Verdant Green about it, he has an LED thread going. Bone meal I wouldn't want mixed with blood, as i fuck around with the ratio. In order to mix it they first produce them separately, why not just them separate?

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Yeah I mean, we probably do have the seperate meals, just not seen at gardening stores, ever in my life. One of these days I'll make the trip out to the boonies to go to the huge agricultural places, I'm sure they'll have that stuff. :) ORGANIC ROAD TRIP! :woohoo:

Will check out Verdant's setup, been meaning to! Oh yeah so far the TWxPD count is 5 males (I've kept two for breeding) and 2 females have shown so far. I suspect one more may be male, which would give me 4 females. This is a perfect number for me. 5 is fine too. Once they're all sexed up I can begin LST for a truly flat canopy. :pimp3:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Good Job Scrub!! Thats crazy...Like that old server! Its huge..
i think 48hrs would be great..I heard it brings all the resin out...
sorry I have'nt popped by sooner..My loss I guess..
by the way, as soon as the old fan control blew, my Delta works just fine now..
Best wishes

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Well in that case I'm very happy that your fan control died :) thanks fo' checkin' in, holmes.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow scrubN them plants be looken really really good. also looks like ur gunna do some breeding?

also do u know if fish ferts work with soil that says it feeds ur plants for up to 3 months?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I only just noticed the first pics are almost similar :biglaugh: 3 or 4 days I reckon. That is about average representation of the trich colour, but it varies. I'd probably call it 25% amber. What do you guys think of the 48 hours of pure darkness right at the end trick? I wanted to try it last time but it was too awkward. It's easily do-able this time. Thoughts?

I have done this befor and maybe I did it wrong bud it didn't do any thing for me.

and back when I did that grow I let the buds go to 14 weeks flower and it got 70-80% of amber trich.

UrR buds look super dooper dense. :smokeit:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Thanks cheese, yeah I'm thinking I'll give the darkness a go anyway, then I can say for sure. I wouldn't trust any of those "will feed your plant for __ months" figures. Cannabis is a pretty heavy feeder compared to some old lady's petunias :) Fish emulsion is awesome in my opinion. Whichever fert you give most of your plants, it seems low in N to me, so I would try to get em dosed up and deep green in veg, then they are nicely stocked up for flower and shouldn't need any more, and won't go the extreme yellow before their time.

Yeah I will still wait a while to get more ambers. I'm a patient guy although I'll snip a sample tonight, my supply is running low, lol. Thanks for checking in :yes:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Cheese, I forgot to answer - yup I'll still be needing seed one way or the other, since all mine pooped out way back at the start of this trip. I've kept the first male that showed, and the best looking one after that, and also the most purple/indica male of the Leda Uno has been kept. I haven't thought about it too deeply yet but as long as I get some kickass seed I'm happy :cool:

I'll snip a sample tonight

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

That weighs 10.9gm wet and is one of the mid-sized buds :smokeit:

maryjohn

Veteran
Cheese, the soil I mix has enough ferts for 6 months... and I still use fish fertilizer! And i am allergic to the stuff!

Apparently the best to have is hyrdrolysate, or hydrolyzed. It uses a cold enzymatic process, instead of heat, leaving more of those proteins intact. "De-scented" hydrolysates should be avoided as well.

superpedro

Veteran
Hey scrubs.

Hope you enjoy that smoke - it sure looks like good stuff!!

From what I know about plants, flowering and circadian rhythms, 48 hours of darkness won't do them any good at any point of growing. Plants can suspend their rhythm during constant light or dark, and there by the mechanism that controls the release of the flowering hormone.

Cheers!