What's new

Calif. pot dispensaries told by feds to shut down

T

TribalSeeds

And if someone else thinks that your prices aren't good should the federal government shut your ass down as well?

I am all for NO ONE getting shut down and the government getting out of peoples homes and gardens. You want to see the price come down LEGALIZE IT (welcome back Skip)!

:joint:

Only if they would bail me out if I fail

monkey5

Veteran
Very well spoken Hydrosun!!

Very well spoken Hydrosun!!

Yes you are missing the point. Since there is NO POWER to prohibit agricultural products granted to the government in the US Constitution THEN the federal government has NO legal authority to so prohibit. This power or right is with the state or people NOT the federal government.

There are a few states suing the federal government right now about the violation of the states and peoples constitutional rights. The federal government is overstepping.

If you'd rather keep your mouth shut that is your right. In fact I would prefer you did. Then you wouldn't have to waste your breath trying to convince conspiracy theorists that Big Brother is our friend or we should LEAVE your dictatorial paradise.

Hydrosun, Very well spoken! You are exactly correct! Thank you for stating the truth so very well & clearly! monkey5

monkey5

Veteran
Tribalseeds, What is being said is correct! FREE MARKET should do the correcting not the Feds! No one forces anyone to buy from Harborside or any one else! You do not like the prices..shop some where else! Thats the point..the quality of the product will set the price! I hope that helps you to better understand..monkey5

vta

Veteran
I agree totally: Obama's strategists are doing similar moves in other important arenas like the Euro crisis and the natural gas pipeline veto. His unseen hand will also rally voters at the perfect moment with only the smallest comment from him regarding his true intention concerning weed. Brilliant manipulation, just like his original campaign.

Sorry man but "his true intention concerning weed" has nothing to do with legalization...nothing. He laughed at the idea and is now using HIS attorneys to shut down clubs all over, right now as I type! In Colorado he is going after dozens of clubs that are licensed by local and state agencies...they are in full compliance and HE is going after them! In California HIS DEA has been busy busting shops all over the place...with no end in sight.

Oh and check this out....

Obama tops in Big Pharma campaign dollars for 2012

By "Radical" Russ Belville

If I had a dollar for every Obama supporter who told me “don’t worry, in the 2nd term, then he’ll be able to support marijuana reforms, because he won’t have to worry about it being used against him in a re-election campaign,” I’d take them all and donate them to the state legalization campaigns in California, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado.

Tell me how this graphic from OpenSecrets.org – a list of the top recipients of Big Pharma campaign contributions for 2011-2012 – makes that case?

Obama-2012-Pharma-Donations.jpg

I really hope I am wrong, but my bet on an Obama re-election wouldn’t be on a more liberal policy on marijuana; rather, I’d bet Obama’s crackdown on the medical marijuana industry gets escalated following a 2012 victory.

T

TribalSeeds

The way I see it, you cant complain about big pharm ripping people off, then defend clubs that rip people off

T

TribalSeeds

Tribalseeds, What is being said is correct! FREE MARKET should do the correcting not the Feds! No one forces anyone to buy from Harborside or any one else! You do not like the prices..shop some where else! Thats the point..the quality of the product will set the price! I hope that helps you to better understand..monkey5

I cant afford to "medicate" at the clubs, so I dont throw my money away there. Here in So Cal there are some clubs that are set up just to rip people off. Im sure there are some cool places that care about their patients, but there are a bunch set up like crack houses and it just looks bad for MMJ. That is all.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
The way I see it, you cant complain about big pharm ripping people off, then defend clubs that rip people off

The difference is there's not a free market in the pharmaceutical industry. It's either you buy their medicine or you go without. I can put a call in and have 50 options to buy herb from within a 20 minute distance

T

TribalSeeds

Its just that I feel sorry for people paying $60+ 1/8. If I had to pay that much I would have to take drugs.
There are 2 shops right next to each other near me. Ive been to both once. The first one I went to was jammed packed full of people buying $20g's and it was loud. The security guard yells my name through a hole in a 1 way mirror and its hard to hear, plus I have a pinched nerve in my back, so it takes me a while to get up. He starts loosing his cool about how I need to hurry, there are people waiting behind me. Ok, so I pick up their top notch for $60 during happy hour, its normally $65(LOFUCKINGL). Its not very good, and they charge per 1/8 no discounts on larger donations. Thats robbery!
I decided to try the other place down the street. There I find a bunch of bunk outdoor strains that smell like mexico and security guards with gang shit written all over them with their posse hanging out front throwing up gang signs.
Ok, so now Im looking for clones and I check out a place down the street. If you were running a crack house, this place would be perfect. Im not sure how they expect normal people to feel about going there. I can only imagine gangsters feeling comfortable going there. Anyhow, they have clones that have been sitting there for weeks growing algae on the rockwool. The guy actually tried to sell me those fucking clones. LOL
There was another place not too far from me that had clones that I decided to check out. When I got there I noticed the clones had a white substance all over them. I decided not to buy any. but I didnt realize that they make you take one with you. As she bagged it I could see that it was PM. They force every customer to take a plant like its required by law. I politely declined, but they insisted that I atleast take it and throw it away. I offered to give it to another customer. Anyhow, their weed was the worst I have burned in years.
The funniest part is the budtender didnt know what Bubba was. I had to point out that it started with Pre 98 on the board(LOFUCKINGL) It looked like crap, so I spent $45 on Chem OG that looked good. They gave me a free bong hit piece of dirty black hash, a nasty pre rolled J that tasted worse than the other herb they had, plus they gave me a free G of some black mexican looking crap, and also a free G of their top notch OG. All the herb sucked so bad I had never felt so ripped off. It was all so dried out and burned really harsh. They were saying that would cost $100 elsewhere. I sure hope not.

Bonghitz

I don't feel bad for those people. They are free to look for better prices or cleaner dispensaries elsewhere. And if they're too lazy to do their homework, let them get ripped off.
Americans are not currently entitled to cheap, readily available, conveniently located weed (in fact I hear it's kinda illegal).
I hear your complaint, but what's your solution?

T

TribalSeeds

I don't feel bad for those people. They are free to look for better prices or cleaner dispensaries elsewhere. And if they're too lazy to do their homework, let them get ripped off.
Americans are not currently entitled to cheap, readily available, conveniently located weed (in fact I hear it's kinda illegal).
I hear your complaint, but what's your solution?

Im growing my own. I feel sorry for the people who cant though. I was too hurt to grow for a couple of months, Im still in a lot of pain, but I manage to take care of my girls now.
Ive checked out a few clubs and the impression I get is not compassionate care.

Z

Z-ro

Yes you are missing the point. Since there is NO POWER to prohibit agricultural products granted to the government in the US Constitution THEN the federal government has NO legal authority to so prohibit. This power or right is with the state or people NOT the federal government.

There are a few states suing the federal government right now about the violation of the states and peoples constitutional rights. The federal government is overstepping.

If you'd rather keep your mouth shut that is your right. In fact I would prefer you did. Then you wouldn't have to waste your breath trying to convince conspiracy theorists that Big Brother is our friend or we should LEAVE your dictatorial paradise.

The location under your username clearly shows how you live your life, not in the real world. put the drugs down and come back down to reality....im not saying our government is doing the right thing, far from it..im just saying, even on a bad day my life is great, if yours sucks thats your problem bro. check out a real dictatorship where you fear for your life every day, or starving to death or no roof over your head.... if youre really that into changing the world, you sure as hell are gonna get much done sitting on ic all day every day.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
The location under your username clearly shows how you live your life, not in the real world. put the drugs down and come back down to reality....im not saying our government is doing the right thing, far from it..im just saying, even on a bad day my life is great, if yours sucks thats your problem bro. check out a real dictatorship where you fear for your life every day, or starving to death or no roof over your head.... if youre really that into changing the world, you sure as hell are gonna get much done sitting on ic all day every day.

You come to International Cannagraphic and call cannabis a drug and suggest others put it down. I suggest you start growing it (CANNABIS), because if you are happy even though you know your government is violating your and other's human rights you are the weakest form of existence.

As for changing the world I'll try my part. I've spread around great genetics, the occasional good growing tip, and a few wise posts about freedom and human rights.

I'd rather spend my time speaking with open minded people on ICmag than trying to speak to sheep on NYtimes.com or such.

It makes me wonder if your happy life doesn't include a government pay check?

turbolaser4528

Veteran
you guys think if the dispensaries all have to close down, that people will still be able to grow and perhaps donate through delivery services and patient collectives? Or is the whole medical thing in CA about to be abolished completely? Jw..

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You come to International Cannagraphic and call cannabis a drug and suggest others put it down. I suggest you start growing it (CANNABIS), because if you are happy even though you know your government is violating your and other's human rights you are the weakest form of existence.

As for changing the world I'll try my part. I've spread around great genetics, the occasional good growing tip, and a few wise posts about freedom and human rights.

I'd rather spend my time speaking with open minded people on ICmag than trying to speak to sheep on NYtimes.com or such.

Some people are happy with very limited freedom. I don't understand it either. I want the real the thing. If our government was sold on a shelf it would be called "I can't believe It's Not Democracy" In 2 flavors. The add states "tastes just like freedom but it's not, and you will never tell the difference." Lets face it though, you can tell. It is better then no butter, but you know you would rather have some creamy salted land O' Lakes. lol

turbolaser4528

Veteran
The only laws I don't agree with in America are the drug laws, specifically Marijuana laws. One can pretty much become as successful as they want, and live a free happy life. Just cant use drugs.

Could be worse, like in China, working for 5$ a day, for 14 hours strait, everyday, and they tell you how to live your life to the T.

Just sayin.. America ain't so bad :)

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I thought this need to be added here

I thought this need to be added here

When Obama was asked about the legalization of cannabis he said this was" inappropiate"!!! ???..!!!!!.. You -tube

EXCUSE ME come again..Mr President?? can you say this now one more time for all to hear????

Is this not a kick in the teeth!!!!!!!

Can't say how sad I was to hear him say this but I was not surprised at all after all his is a lawyer so need I say more??
So sad the way this has gone..
Let me say for the record love American's hate their policies peace out Headband 707:)

Z

Z-ro

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I might rethink the 'wise' posts you think you have made. Like I said before, if your life sucks, thats your fault.

S

SeaMaiden

Im growing my own. I feel sorry for the people who cant though. I was too hurt to grow for a couple of months, Im still in a lot of pain, but I manage to take care of my girls now.
Ive checked out a few clubs and the impression I get is not compassionate care.
Reading your posts, I am so glad that I have no need to use a dispensary. However, I feel exactly as you do, I'm still in recovery mode after a summer spent waiting for surgical repair and would not have pulled anything from the OD grow were it not for my husband and a friend who came up to help. What about those people who can't, who don't have someone? They need a decent dispensary to use so they can acquire SAFE medicine at FAIR prices.
you guys think if the dispensaries all have to close down, that people will still be able to grow and perhaps donate through delivery services and patient collectives? Or is the whole medical thing in CA about to be abolished completely? Jw..
See my sig line re: Amador county. It is my opinion that the federal government wants to create a scenario where cannabis use is legal, but only after it's been 'pharmaceuticalized'. I believe they want to take growing out of the individual's hands completely and put it squarely in the hands of big pharmacy and big agriculture, taking the little guy out of the equation altogether. This is our current 'free market' (not very free if you ask me!).

And my county is but one of many counties in the state that is banning cultivation outdoors, or cultivation completely, after already having banned dispensaries and any type of storefront. So, dispensaries are going by the wayside due to the feds, home cultivation is going by the wayside due to local municipalities banning left and right--what are we left with? The effective dismantling damn near ENTIRELY of Proposition 215.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I might rethink the 'wise' posts you think you have made. Like I said before, if your life sucks, thats your fault.

Nice photos of someones smaller outdoor plants. My life doesn't suck and my photos are my own.

As for re-thinking what is wise based on your opinion I'll pass. Hydrosun's Posts have been rated good 869 out of 918 times (94.66%). Z-ro's Posts have been rated good 15 out of 28 times (53.57%). You just keep hating and I'll keep speaking truth to power.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I guess government paychecks and pharma drugs help you get through the day because you're still worried about free people not putting the bong down.

Last edited: