What's new

ridomil for hydro herpes.

E

ekomsi

How much ridomil did you use per gallon?

Where can you find ridomil?

I personally use the ewc tea mentioned earlier in this thread as a root enhancer.

avant gardener

Veteran
How much ridomil did you use per gallon?

Where can you find ridomil?

I personally use the ewc tea mentioned earlier in this thread as a root enhancer.

i used 1 ml per 10 gallons.
hand watered each site to drench the medium then let it run through the res for 24 hours. ran clear pH'd water for another 4 hours to flush it out, and went back to regular nutes.

i've noticed that on the plants where i didn't trim off all the old gunk—namely the ones i used to illustrate the effects—it creeps back a little. on the ones where i cut the roots back to the net pots, everything has stayed clean.

where to get it:

romeo packing in monterey is where family hydro gets their chemicals, but i found a cheaper place.

http://www.sunshinegardensfl.com/servlet/StoreFront

it's this little old lady in florida who sells stuff out of her garage. somehow she's always cheaper than the big places. if she doesn't have something, she'll get it for you. she's also down to haggle. think i paid $120 for a pint of it, shipped. that'll last me about 500 years, but that's as small as it comes.

avant gardener

Veteran
DAY TEN.

the roots are still coming in frosty.

and the tops are coming in lush and with vigor.

i'm getting 1/2" to 3/4" new growth per diem under the t5's.

even most of the ones that were at death's door and were slow to respond have begun to bounce back nicely.

i did take some losses though. about 5% fatality rate. most of these were scragglers before the slime hit anyway. they were just too far gone. i'm a gardener, not a magician. thanks to one of the homies for hooking me up with some teens of some local fire to fill the holes.

just got a 36w UV lamp today. maybe that's what was missing all along. as glad as i am that i found the ridomil, i hope i NEVER have to use it again.

Herbophile

It's nice to see the good recovery and thanks for the laugh this morning. "I'm a gardener, not a magician" <---- I love this quote.

Herbophile

I'm an ebb and grow bucket guy with my moms on blumats. Thankfully I've never got the herpes in my buckets. <knock on wood>

avant gardener

Veteran
hey gang-

sorry about the missing images. i had a security breach/paranoid episode and took everything down. i've started putting them all back up, but it ain't gonna happen overnight.

anyway and update. it took awhile to get everything stabilized again, but i did. they've all been moved to the other room and are doing well. i didn't mind letting em veg the extra little while because it'll give them more time to work any residuals of the ridomil put of their system.
attachment.php

this is the 48 gods at 10 days:
attachment.php

RetroGrow

Veteran
Lookin' good! Next time, you may want to consider hempy buckets with coco on a drip system. Hydro growth without the headaches.
Nice job though! Amazing recovery. Looks like the ridomil really works.

avant gardener

Veteran
Lookin' good! Next time, you may want to consider hempy buckets with coco on a drip system. Hydro growth without the headaches.
Nice job though! Amazing recovery. Looks like the ridomil really works.

thought about it.
3 grows in, and i've just about got this damn thing dialed in though.
i hooked up a uv pond sterilizer and things are going really well.
seems like that was what i was missing.

overbudjet

Veteran
Just bought this stuff "just in case" got it(root rott) in my last grow running steril rez here to ,i will also like you add 36 watt UV.My system look very similar to yours simply smaller 2400W 15 site UC +Rep
Building stage

With some green

Shafto

Sterilization is the beginning of the end.

As soon as you sterilize anything you're fighting nature, and no matter how long it takes, when you fight nature, you eventually lose.

No snake oils in the res, 17 essentials for the plants ONLY, and NOTHING else.

Don't use nutes with ammoniacal nitrogen (urea). Use nutes with nitrate nitrogen for water culture.

Water temperature around 19-20C.

Water pumps instead of air pumps.

Never had an issue when keeping it simple like this. Have even let water get up to 23C a couple times by accident and never had any type of issue at all with the roots.

As soon as you sterilize, or start putting snake oils in the res, you're in trouble. Bad bacteria are boom and bust by nature. The good ones take longer to multiply. When you sterilize all you do is give the bad bacteria a perfect opportunity to take over the good ones. And then you need to sterilize again.. and again.. and again, until the bad bacteria develop a tolerance. This is a Monsanto like tactic, and it's really quite a poor approach that is creating terrible consequences when used on an industrial scale. It's also a tactic for profit, it was never meant to actually help you or the farmers that use it on a large scale. It was meant to get you hooked, cause once you use it, you need more!

I don't sterilize a thing.. not the buckets, not even the hydroton. I just wash it off decently, but there are still some little roots and things to rot left over... but I don't care about that, because I don't sterilize. I just provide the right aquatic environment for the good bacteria to have advantage over the bad ones. The good guys win every time in my res. No need to add them in unless you already have an issue. They'll already be there... you just have to make sure you let them have the advantage... and never kill them, they're your friends.

I think that using ammoniacal nitrogen and then putting other snake oil shit in the res are probably the two biggest reasons people fail in water culture. The first point I bet 95% of those growing in water probably don't know.

Once you know how to do it, a simple recirculating water culture is as easy as it gets... With just about the best growth rates you can possibly achieve.

avant gardener

Veteran
you've written this identical post in at least two other threads.
ridomil has nothing to do with sterilization.
i'm afraid i fail to see your point.

if this thread follows the others that you pop up in, your next post will be something moderately insulting that says that if the rest of us were half the grower that you are that we wouldn't need ridomil (or peroxide or bleach or bennies or a good set of earplugs to drown out the racket).

thanks for trolling.
mkay bye!
:wave:

Shafto

i'm sick of dealing with the hydro herpes.
pythium, brown algae, or cyanobacteria,
whatever the culprit pathogen may be
(there's a lot of debate and contention on this point).

i have tried everything short of nukes

Just because you're having issues and can't figure out what's wrong with your grow, and why your res keeps getting nasty, doesn't mean everyone should throw sterilizing chemicals at the root zone of a consumable crop. I'm sorry you don't get it, and that you lack the passion that others have for this awesome hobby, and feel the need to lash out at people who aren't having issues, and call them trolls for trying to share the simple and effective way they do things.

P.S. I wrote the reply in this thread first, and then saw your other thread trying to convince people that the only way they'll be successful in hydro is if they chemically sterilize their res, so I copied it there too.

KingSwing

Just because you're having issues and can't figure out what's wrong with your grow, and why your res keeps getting nasty, doesn't mean everyone should throw sterilizing chemicals at the root zone of a consumable crop. I'm sorry you don't get it, and that you lack the passion that others have for this awesome hobby, and feel the need to lash out at people who aren't having issues, and call them trolls for trying to share the simple and effective way they do things.

P.S. I wrote the reply in this thread first, and then saw your other thread trying to convince people that the only way they'll be successful in hydro is if they chemically sterilize their res, so I copied it there too.

The problem here is that there IS NO ONE ABSOLUTE FIX-ALL for all environments, yet your prescribing that you have an absolute fix without really knowing what he is dealing with. Take it from me as I am a huge proponent of living systems and was pioneering my first ones over twenty years ago long before one could easily find microbial inoculates. I have since learned, however, that in extremely robust systems there are occasions when a bio cure is immpossible. It is great that you have either been lucky enough (or simply haven't been in the game long enough) to have encountered this situation, but either way I can tell you from extensive experience that there are pathogenic strains which will thrive in the culture that you are prescribing...FACT.

ogatec2

after everything else fails, i suggest moving to soiless (promix or sunshine mix)..thats what i did..best decision i ever made after years and years of hydro problems.

i know what you are thinking ewwwww soil?! but its actually still hydro..(soil-LESS)

let me repeat-BEST DECISION I EVER MADE

i know im gonna be ignored cause i wouldnt have ever made the choice without seeing the results first hand at a friends house. i was about to throw in the towel and quit growing b4 i said fuckit ill give this 1 shot.

now i dont know what to do with all this unnecessary equipment (buckets,cloners,pumps,chillers,rezzes,tables,bottles of nasty poisons,etc,etc)..so my attic is full.