What's new

Heaths latest tree grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyat

Veteran
Hey Billy thanks bro
The bottom tubs are full of roots I stopped looking maybe bigger tanks in the future
saw your first grow on the bay can't see the pics on the second one great work!
string is ready
drinks a bucket a day
1800 gph pump is coming for the new 6 site veg room
tried some air pumps and the water got hot
2 pumps are feeding the feed line and one mixing the res
not enough gph = not enough d.o
Billy stay tuned

cyat

Veteran
Thanks Biggs
She has a drinking problem
I come home to find nutes missing and the hose stuck in the res
I'm thinking AA for her

Billy Liar

Hey Billy thanks bro
The bottom tubs are full of roots I stopped looking maybe bigger tanks in the future
saw your first grow on the bay can't see the pics on the second one great work!
string is ready
drinks a bucket a day
1800 gph pump is coming for the new 6 site veg room
tried some air pumps and the water got hot
2 pumps are feeding the feed line and one mixing the res
not enough gph = not enough d.o
Billy stay tuned

If she's drinking like hobo, I'd keep your res topped up via a float valve. Not too sure how you've piped the system, Are your return lines plumbed higher up on the grow tubs?, maintaining the level in the grow tubs? Or are the returns from the bottom of the grow tubs?
I've done both methods but prefer the first, with higher returns. I use a 'passive res' with just plain water, then add nutes to the active res as the ec falls.. I find this eliminates daily res maintenance. and gives a bit of grace for any delays on visiting the grow.. I did try mixing food into the passive res, but didn't feel comfortable with the results...
with a well designed system Air stones will give no benefit at all, you're right to concentrate on moving the water, coupled with plenty of surface agitation/waterfall effect... Also the full bore top feed through the hydroton adds plenty of DO...
hope thats easy enough to understand... LOL
not sure why you cant see the pics in the second log at the bay,?? It wasn't the most successful yield, but I found a good plant doing it... Keep up the good work Cyat...
peace
BL
ps When I kept mothers in these systems, I would often have problems with root blockages, and found a good dose of Cannazym helped get rid of any unnecessary root..

cyat

Veteran
yep drinkin like a whino
Yeah Billy returns set the level in the grow tubs not a float valve in the res
I feel safer this way
I might add another res after the dust settles
Good info on your res's and I agree about airstones too also they add lotsa heat and dont mix the water very good
Intrigued by the cannazyme whats your dose and do you use it on your regular girls?
What other canna nutes do you use? I'm afraid to put additives since it's working so good now.BL thanks for the info and encouragement
Stop by soon I'll put some new pics up tonight
Billy or anyone : In my veg room 6 plants in a cirlce circular top feed the only way I could figure out to get water to all the girls is by adding valves and adjusting them till the water flows to all is there a better way with a circle type setup? Can I some how get rid of the valves? Its working just dont like having the valves at all
any ideas are welcome

Billy Liar

valves are good, for what you need. Or regulated drippers at each plant site.. drippers work fine for veg (3-4 per plant).. But use the flood type drippers.. a large bore ring main with small outlets will work like a manifold, as in the pressure should equalise in the ring, giving each dripper equal water pressure.. just be sure to keep all dripper lines the same length..
I use Canna aqua on these systems with no additives. Although when cloning I use Rhizotonic and Aktrivator (tricoderma) for root formation and protection, When transplanted to lager RW blocks I use Rhizo and Cannazym for general root health, then just Aqua in the system..
when using cannazym I use at the recommended dose of 25m/l....
peace
BL

cyat

Veteran
Thanks BL
I'll just keep rockin the valves
are you doing like a intermediate veg in the big rockwool?
I need something for in between time so they dont sit in my cloner too long
simple seems best for sure less ingredients = less chance of nute fallout/lockout
so is the cannazyme in your regular system 24/7 or just for moms?

Billy Liar

are you doing like a intermediate veg in the big rockwool?
yes mate,
helps me organise space as the plants are quite small still.
So I root into a 1 inch cube then transplant to a 6 inch cube (Used to use 4 Inch), and once well rooted then into the system you use there..
I use the cannazym for veg and mums in RW. But when I have a mum in a recirculating system I'll use it when root mass becomes a problem.
Looking forward to the pics :artist:
peace
BL:wave:

copperfacedave

For a single plant would it be as effective just to have a single very large container say 200 ltr and just pull the water from the bottom to the top over the plan like a waterfarm only with much more water and there would be no need for a seperate res.

cyat

Veteran
For a single plant would it be as effective just to have a single very large container say 200 ltr and just pull the water from the bottom to the top over the plan like a waterfarm only with much more water and there would be no need for a seperate res.

could work but then you'll get roots in your pump and more hassle when adding nutes

cyat

Veteran
3ish weeks
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts