What's new

Vintage Colombian

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240523_070738886_MFNR~2.jpg

Some tasty cured Djamba
Still has a little "panic" effect but the leather wood smell/taste has balanced beautifully. I like the taste and depending on my mood the high is spectacular. Still not my favorite but everyone else loves it.
IMG_20240523_071038423_MFNR~2.jpg

Red Death ☠️ fully seeded with dirty Mexican (Michoacán x Oaxaca) pollen. Despite being seeded this RD grown in the greenhouse is off the chain. Sticky resin bomb, pungent almost Malawi like but not it's sweeter. The hit hits hard and gets your full attention immediately. Strong motivational up feeling that is delightful. I'm looking forward to germinating the cross.

red rider

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
View attachment 19007296
Some tasty cured Djamba
Still has a little "panic" effect but the leather wood smell/taste has balanced beautifully. I like the taste and depending on my mood the high is spectacular. Still not my favorite but everyone else loves it.
View attachment 19007302
Red Death ☠️ fully seeded with dirty Mexican (Michoacán x Oaxaca) pollen. Despite being seeded this RD grown in the greenhouse is off the chain. Sticky resin bomb, pungent almost Malawi like but not it's sweeter. The hit hits hard and gets your full attention immediately. Strong motivational up feeling that is delightful. I'm looking forward to germinating the cross.

red rider
Those buds look awesome 😎 👍
When can we place an order? 😂

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It would be a wonderful world if one could place an"order" and receive a tasty fresh flower from here. However I don't believe that will happen in my lifetime (but don't despair I'm old).
IMG_20240523_070754027_MFNR~2.jpg

Although I'm not motivated by monetary enrichment, I do have a strong desire to share. I enjoy "turning good people on" to quality that only exists from high altitude Colombian. So I think it's much better to have weed snobs come here where the setting is exotic,safe and optimal.
Combined with exciting new climates and interesting people, mountain sativa can be the most exhilarating experience.
IMG_20240523_071115222_MFNR~2.jpg

FEZ (White Rhino x NYCD) grown in the greenhouse and pollenated by the Mexican. Good night cap weed but mostly held in reserve for pain relief.
I can only imagine things getting better.

red rider

Baba Karuna

It would be a wonderful world if one could place an"order" and receive a tasty fresh flower from here. However I don't believe that will happen in my lifetime (but don't despair I'm old).
View attachment 19007314
Although I'm not motivated by monetary enrichment, I do have a strong desire to share. I enjoy "turning good people on" to quality that only exists from high altitude Colombian. So I think it's much better to have weed snobs come here where the setting is exotic,safe and optimal.
Combined with exciting new climates and interesting people, mountain sativa can be the most exhilarating experience.
View attachment 19007321
FEZ (White Rhino x NYCD) grown in the greenhouse and pollenated by the Mexican. Good night cap weed but mostly held in reserve for pain relief.
I can only imagine things getting better.

red rider
Beautiful brother 🙌 Nothing like true high altitude sativa, you are doing the Lord's work keep it up😊🙏

🌸Om Namah Shivaya🌸

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I believe in theory it's a good thing some of my ideas but realty is a bitch. However the heart,the corazon of the idea is already realty.
I've been reading for years about the contaminated genetics (whatever that means) in Colombia as well as other locations. I've been here over 20 years and I saw the crippi come to town. But I know there's hundreds of native varieties that haven't been touched in years. These varieties are acclimated to their unique micro climates and I believe can be called Colombian. Of course the commercial commodity cannabis grown by unwilling cultivators is hybernized for maximum profit has eliminated the long flowering tropical varieties. Genetics are a crital part of the equation but it's 50% the other critical part is cultivation environment. The plant has to grow in the ground under the sun in Colombia to be Colombian. Just like us plants are the environment they grow in.
My point is and I can only speak from my perspective is there's still unhybernized varieties here and a few nonprofit growers cultivating it. Not impossible at all to find.
The thing is that taking eight to ten months to harvest a plant is something only the truly committed attempt. As such the connoisseur quality tropical sativa is rare.
IMG_20240107_172916077_MFNR.jpg

It's time consuming and costly to maintain and care for a plant for that much time making the harvest priceless.
IMG_20240229_093324442_HDR~2.jpg

The real value of this type of cannabis is held only by those whom know this quality and can appreciate it completely. Even those that love the plant,that love the effect,that live the "lifestyle" are ignorant to it's true power.
IMG_20240201_173402918_HDR.jpg

To know this plant one must be committed to it.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
phone pics 2020 2021 1180.jpg

Takes planning and preparation, one must be properly equipped.
IMG_20201024_172426.jpg

You got to adapt to situations you're not familiar with. Constantly adjusting and modifying with radical situations as they occur.
IMG_20201025_064909.jpg

But that's part of it, there's no halfway, it's all or nothing.
IMG_20201022_175906.jpg

At the end of the day (always wanted to write that) has it been worth it. I can't say because the story continues, the journey goes on.
phone pics 2020 2021 988.jpg

The best is yet to come.

red rider

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
View attachment 19007796
Takes planning and preparation, one must be properly equipped.
View attachment 19007797
You got to adapt to situations you're not familiar with. Constantly adjusting and modifying with radical situations as they occur.
View attachment 19007798
But that's part of it, there's no halfway, it's all or nothing.
View attachment 19007805
At the end of the day (always wanted to write that) has it been worth it. I can't say because the story continues, the journey goes on.
View attachment 19007806
The best is yet to come.

red rider
Funny to see kale growing in Colombia.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes that finca is in the cloud forest below Zipacon. Around 7000ft , I stayed there for almost a year. I don't eat kale but it was growing there when I got there. Real basic living there, no running water, intermediate power and a shit load of angry bulls. Grew some pretty good weed there but too humid to dry.
IMG_20201024_150550.jpg

IMG_20201021_124725.jpg

The company did provide me with transportation. Nothing more exhilarating than riding a 125 street bike in the mud being chased by bulls after a nice joint of sativa.
IMG_20201019_173704.jpg

Malawi x Haze

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Turns out last Wednesday the power cut off at the finca. It's not unusual for the power to go out and could be an hour or up to three days (only once). So I thought I'd cruise on down to town and hang with the kids. As I head out the door at the finca a yellow piece of paper falls on the floor. Taxi is waiting so I grab the paper and jump in the taxi and off we go. The paper is a cut off notice from the power company. So I message the owner of the finca with a picture of the notice. So the person responsible for paying the farms utilities failed to pay the bill despite repeated warnings. I never saw a bill or warnings before.
So here we are Saturday, I'm pretty sure my little seedlings are ok and the plants in the greenhouse should be fine but I just stocked the refrigerator and freezer. Probably all the refrigerated food is bad. My daughter and I are heading up to the farm to check it out. The owner said he paid yesterday (well said he was going to pay) but hasn't confirmed.
It's these little events that compacted s forward progress. Poor organization of people I have no contact with that control my situation is slightly annoying. What can you do.
phone pics 2020 2021 966.jpg

Take a hit look at the mountains and remember how much I love being here.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Camped out at the finca last night, without power. Plants in the greenhouse dehydrated and no electricity to pump water into the house. So I just manually got some water directly from the tank. So all is good at the moment, I'm really only concerned with finishing the pollenated RS. So back to Paipa till Tuesday, it's cool cause there's nothing to here at the moment.
Luckily I only have two little seedlings that could use a light but I think they'll be ok for a couple more days. I plan to flower some plants here in the future but scouting new locations now.
phone pics 2020 2021 1285.jpg

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe I mentioned this story before but I got to bring it back up. In the late seventies I sitting on the hood of my buddies car. We were burning a joint,he had some "Red leb" hashish that was available for a few years around that time. We got to comparing the hash to the bud and came to the conclusion that we liked the weed more, much more. The redbud Colombian just had a better effect and clean(ish) finish, it was just better.
We then began contemplating why Colombia didn't produce hashish. If the weed was that good surly the hash would follow suite. I had read somewhere in high times that there was such a thing as Colombian hash. I never saw it but at the time (pre cocaine) I couldn't understand why they sent bud instead of more profitable hashish.
Fast forward four decades and now I know Colombian hashish. I fooled around with dry sift but I found high quality bubble to be the shit. Pure sun grown Colombian high altitude sativa hashish is coming.
IMG_20230809_185425808_MFNR~3.jpg

red rider

therealpacific

I believe I mentioned this story before but I got to bring it back up. In the late seventies I sitting on the hood of my buddies car. We were burning a joint,he had some "Red leb" hashish that was available for a few years around that time. We got to comparing the hash to the bud and came to the conclusion that we liked the weed more, much more. The redbud Colombian just had a better effect and clean(ish) finish, it was just better.
We then began contemplating why Colombia didn't produce hashish. If the weed was that good surly the hash would follow suite. I had read somewhere in high times that there was such a thing as Colombian hash. I never saw it but at the time (pre cocaine) I couldn't understand why they sent bud instead of more profitable hashish.
Fast forward four decades and now I know Colombian hashish. I fooled around with dry sift but I found high quality bubble to be the shit. Pure sun grown Colombian high altitude sativa hashish is coming. View attachment 19008855

red rider
that's badass. don't know what else to say really lol