What's new

SOUR DUBBLE INFO THREAD

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just recently acquired a sour dubb cut and it has the variegation. I know a lot of you say its not a virus but how can we be so sure if there are over 10 possible virus it could be. I highly doubt anyone has tested for them all.

Lots of plants have Variegation. I can fix it so it's hard to notice it, it doesn't matter what variety it is. . I only use MAG, I don't add any cal. Epsom salt is all I use.. These plants do not uptake MAG the same as most other plants do. It's a mutation in that gene.

The only way to know if your plants have a virus is to send samples off for a test. Variegation is not a virus. If it's a virus adding MAG would not cure it. Chem D has been improved on the severity by doing the same. The cut today is not nearly as bad as it was.

little-soldier

Lots of plants have Variegation. I can fix it so it's hard to notice it, it doesn't matter what variety it is. . I only use MAG, I don't add any cal. Epsom salt is all I use.. These plants do not uptake MAG the same as most other plants do. It's a mutation in that gene.

The only way to know if your plants have a virus is to send samples off for a test. Variegation is not a virus. If it's a virus adding MAG would not cure it. Chem D has been improved on the severity by doing the same. The cut today is not nearly as bad as it was.
I grew the variegated chem D before and she was ugly in veg but barely noticed the variagation in flower. The variegation looks an aweful like a mosaic virus and there are quite a few of them so can't rule that out unless you get it tested. Would be pretty expensive to test for all mosaic virus as they can only test for 1 virus at a time and like i said, I highly doubt anyone has ever done this and that its actually possible. Ever heard of a place where they can test for all possible virus? The fact that the variegation almost goes all away with proper feeding could just mean that when you have your plant dialed in, the plant is not stressed anymore but its always present. IDK maybe im crazy but i usually clone in an aerocloner and would be scared that it could spread over time to other cuts in the same aerocloner system.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The health of our plants is the most important part of growing. Unhealthy plants are why they get viruses. I can tell if any of my plants were sick.. Veiegation doesn't worry me by itself id be looking for plants that have variegation, curling leaf tips, and one side of the leaf looks out of proportion. All viruses will have more than 1 symptom. None worry me more than hplvd. I've been lucky and have never gotten any virus. These 2 leaves are a good example. The sick plant thread will be more helpful.

Chem D variegation today in veg is not bad at all.

picture.jpg
twisted-leaf-yellow-stripes-spots-caused-by-tmv.jpg

JetLife175

Veteran
I agree with this, but would like to add that the calcium is only going to increase your overall uptake. Once you’ve supplied sufficient Cal, any deficiencies will be exaggerated so make sure you supply sufficient NPK following.
You're right. You and hammer are definitely correct. I run a pretty high EC (Athena pro line) and don't see anything on the backend of doing what I stated. But for the most part and most situations I agree.