What's new

Bernie Mac 1957 - 2008

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Bad year for comedy. First Carlin, now Bernie Mac.

Bernie Mac was hospitalized with pneumonia on August 1, 2008 and the following day, a source close to the family said that Mac was in "very, very critical" condition. He was recovering from pneumonia, most likely brought on by his sarcoidosis, in a Chicago hospital. His publicist, Danica Smith, said that he was expected to make a full recovery and that he was responding well to treatment.

On August 9, 2008 it was reported by the Chicago Sun-Times that Bernie Mac had died, with confirmation by the Associated Press about the cause of his death.

R.I.P. Bernie :violin:

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Yes this BiteS tHe BiG One,met him one time in a airport,allong w/that big girl from BeerFest.......very down to earth guy...R.I.P.B-MaC.................................MoNeYMiKe

ConceptOfSleep

50 is much too young to be checking out...

Bernie will definitely be missed...

Also a bit frightening as I have had bouts with pnuemonia myself.

RIP Bernie Mac, your comedy and great humor will keep you alive to many many people.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
ConceptOfSleep said:
50 is much too young to be checking out...

Bernie will definitely be missed...

Also a bit frightening as I have had bouts with pnuemonia myself.

RIP Bernie Mac, your comedy and great humor will keep you alive to many many people.

Yeah, I thought the same thing...but it was pneumonia secondary to sarcoidosis....which is similar to cancer. Very super-ultra-hyper-uncool. I feel horrible for his family. He'll be missed.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
RIP BERNIE MAC!!! This was not expected at all... One of my favorite comedians. God Bless.

Primprimo

Way too young...

Way too young...

FrankRizzo said:
Something will be lit in his memory today.
Yessir, very bad yr for comedy.... RIP Macman
"I aint scared of u Muthaphuckas!"
Primo

Eijneb

You hear about celebs dying, and most of the time it doesnt bother me. This one hits hard tho! He still had so much to give, and do...

This one ranks up there with John Candy, and Chris Farley. Those were 2 of my fav's.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Damn

Damn

This is the first I heard of this, that really sucks. RIP, See ya on the other side Bernie... BC

U

UBER21

Bernie we will miss u man........who ya with.......!!!....god bless u and ur family members sad loss.........