What's new

Do you value the wisdom of growers who post pictures more/less than ones who don't?

Do you value the wisdom of growers who post pictures more/less than ones who don't?

• No, post pics or shut up

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Yes, I have plenty of trust, I don't need to see pics

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
I've noticed in my time on OG and ICmag that often there are posting members who love to give opinions, advice, and criticism of others grows or advice, but they themselves have no grow threads, no online proof that they have finished a grow or even started a grow in their whole life. There was member a few months back who was banned basicly for these reasons(I won't drop a name), lots of talk, and no real proof of experience.

They may just be lonely teenagers looking for something to do, maybe they just like to spread the shit around, maybe they are indoor growers with no real outdoor experience or maybe they are folks who are just too plain scared to post pics proving they know what they are talking about.

What ever the cause, how do you feel about these types? Is their advice as valuable?

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
i watch and listen to the content of their advice and how knowledgeable they are about our blessed plant we love to grow. i wont get too close and personal with anyone who talks out their ass as in... just re spewing read information as if it was their own experience. it is nice to be able to see someone elses grow or plants to give them credit, but it is not always a closed case if they do not have them.

take all advice as a grain of salt and do what works for you.

hey bc. i know what u are talking about. on this site and overgrow i would read lots of interesting stuff from ppl about growing, then i would click their profile to see pics and: zero.
one key reason is that picture posting of illegal activity only became doable with the advent of digital photography. no one would run the risk of bringing pics of their grows to get developed so they can scan and post them. with digital photography there are a helluva lot of ppl who dont have digi cams, and frankly despise them.
thats my assumption of these ppl who are all talk. i could be wrong.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
It could be for many reasons that these folks don't post pics, and I certainly wouldn't totally discount the opinions of everyone who doesn't post pics, I do however have very little use for those who have very firm and strong opinions and no proof that they are in the same league.

You shouldn't expect people to take you seriously without proof of experience, and further more you shouldn't get all butt hurt if someone calls you on it, its just the way it works.

M

Mr. Nevermind

Well i would like to give my opinion. I dont post pics of grows cuz to me its a big risk. May not be to others and they are more than welcome to disagree because they are entitled to their opinions as i am entitled to mine. that being said....

I trust advice from trusted members. You dont need a pic for me to trust your advice. Some advice from people without pics is spot on and some of the most knowledgeable growers just plain out dont post pics. But their opinions and advice is spot on so why question them. Then there are others whom claim to know everything and tell others they dont know shit when they are full of shit themselves. Im a bit of a skeptic of people whom have many different nics or changes handles frequently, changing a nic once is one thing but when you change your nic time after time their may be a reason not to trust the advice of that person.

Plus alot of people make very lofty claims that are highly doubtful. Most people pulling of huge op's dont come online to brag about it. Only person who has a huge op and walks it like he talks it is Lougrew. He is a cash cropper and proud of the fact. He posts pics for all to see and really dont care. he dont claim to have a superior knowledge nor pretend to be something other that just another cash cropper. Call em as you see if, if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck it is. If people gotta go around tellin you that they are a duck, good chance they aint. Cuz if it were you would have known that already.

I don tpost pics but i dont claim to have a superior knowledge as well. Some members ( Sun Sim and Weewrapperman) have in fact seen my grow face to face so they know that i do grow and my advice comes from experience. But i wont claim to have a superior knowledge due to the fact i wont post pics. if you like my advice then cool. If you dont lke it thats also cool. Help when i can and if i cant i dont bother.

In the end its a personal choice of who you trust, whom you take advice from and who knows what they are talking about. I value a respectable members advice, pic or no pic. If they aint a respectable member chances are they go on my ignore list.

I can say this, some of the best grows i have ever seen face to face were in oregon by people who have grown as long as most members have been alive. They laugh at people that post pics on the internet and would never post a pic. But i value their advice more than some members with 100's of pics.

Nevermind

Nevermind

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
i trust ppl whom i know for long, weather they have pix or not. its easy to steal others pix from other sites ect, so there is no reason to trust them just because they have pix. i know quite a bunch of growers that never shows anything public, but show me pix and video on e-mail and irl.

Last edited:

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I think its silly to start a grow thread and not post pics. Other than that its up to the poster, pics are nice to see but its a risk I guess.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
I understand what you are saying about stealing pics and reposting them esbe, but some growers post season after season, with familer themes that would be tough to replicate without being legit.

What I am talking of here is people who post alot of claims of great knowlege and experience, especially claims that seem to buck common sense, and don't have much(or anything) to show for it.

Mostly I am concerned for new, naive growers(or aspiring growers) who listen to advice from these undocumented "growers", who might be just pulling stuff out of their ass, or posting things they read out of a book or elsewhere online, without really understanding it.

I'm just saying I personally would have more confidence in info posted by someone who has multiple finished grows posted online, than from a member who joined a month or two ago, and has no documentation.

And I guess what I meant wasn't really pictures themselves, but "documented" grows.

G

well, i try to be fair but i have to be honest. i voted 'no'. there are exceptions but come on.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Remember what I am speaking of here is folks who have very stong opinions that are very unconventional, epecially when they can't back up their outrageous claims....

G

I voted no, I can smell bullshit a hundred miles away. I trade with only those who are known and who are trusted by those I trust, but yeah pics are nice and here is some princess diesel shots to look at. :joint:

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
I don't post pics...

I don't post pics...

But any advise that I've ever given has been from experience,er other wise I'll straight up tell ya.I pass on what I know,and don't feel the need ta compete.If folks don't want to beleive what I've posted that's fine.But in time I think they will find it ta be true,jus as I have found it ta be true from experience.Common sense will take ya along way when it comes ta our hobby,and it sure doesn't take long ta figure out if somebody is full of shit,pics er not. Take care...BC

PrinceOfPersia

Hey backcounty i do agree with you...
Show your work ppl.. one could easily grow hundreds upon hundreds of buds and still show pics without revealing whats really going on... If the feds or whoever were targetting growers im pretty sure they would focus as much on ppl who are very "experianced growers that dont post pics"..... anything else would be non-logic.
so please drop that "i dont wanna reveal myself and get busted" attitude, its kinda double morale, if u feel me ppl..

peace pop-

davehigh

pics

pics

For the most part i agree with backcountry. However i beleive there are a lot of leos on here who will have pics and a lot who will not. Me on the other hand have never done a grow but have read on here alot. If i read a thread and i beleive i know the answer i will try to help. On the other hand i have been shot done for my lack of knowledge and i learn more.I would hope most peeps here are trying to learn and help as much as possible and all possible help should be thanked.Yes some with pics , not all , advice should be considered above others. Some advice with no pics may be comeing from wizer people. :rant:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
B.C. said:
.......I pass on what I know,and don't feel the need ta compete.If folks don't want to beleive what I've posted that's fine.But in time I think they will find it ta be true,jus as I have found it ta be true from experience.Common sense will take ya along way when it comes ta our hobby,and it sure doesn't take long ta figure out if somebody is full of shit,pics er not. Take care...BC
I understand what you are saying, but what about the new growers that find this site looking to learn to grow, and they find vastly incorrect information posted by a BS artist, but don't know its not trust worthy?

This reminds me of a situation on OG during the summer of 2005, esbe and a few other growers here might remember it. A member posted what he claimed to be a huge grow, complete with pictures of a huge field of Cannabis, whats more he claimed to be doing this grow in Great Britain.
I didn't enter the thread til it had been up for a week, but it grew and grew. When I entered the thread, I saw the huge fields(think wheat field size) of Cannabis. Right off the bat I could see that it was clearly a Hemp field, and was not smoking Cannabis, the author had found these pics online and reposted as his.
I called him on it, and he basicly ignored my accusations of fraud, and TONS of members were posting with their wows and dropped jaw comments, it was so sad.
Next thing I knew, someone nominated the picture of the Hemp field as the Picture of the month(POM). It was pure insanity, I couldn't believe how many people were buying this horse shit.
Somehow this picture made it into the running for picture of the month, when voting started, this picture actually started with a majority of votes, after taking a chance of being accused of "trolling" by posting attack posts on it, people started to listen and speak up with me. Soon the picture fell behind in the voting, and was beaten.

Last edited:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have a proxy, it is no more dangerous posting pics as it is just posting that you grow. Neither one would be grounds for a warrant without other evidence. The bottom line is, you should do what makes you comfortable. After growing for almost 30 years I can tell pretty quick who grows and who talks it, but I can understand where people just starting would trust someone with pics quicker than someone without.

Last edited:

Reibsi

It`s like this everywhere..............it takes time to weed out the bullshit.....and i`ll back my words up any day of the week with pics to prove it.

Last edited:

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
I don't need pics to respect someone and, honestly, I feel like I can tell in the first couple of posts a person has what kind of knowledge and/or experience they have. Pics can seal the deal, but I don't need 'em.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Yeah, I should have phrased that question better, my question should have read-

"would you believe and trust fantasic claims made by a grower with no documented grows?".

I have run into many people that don't have pics, but sound like they really know what they are talking about. Here I am talking more about Fantastic claims, not just general topics.

G

i like the ones on this site that copy and paste everything they know....lol

i can copy and paste info on quantum physics...dosent mean i know shit...

its more about the info they present and their format that makes me think their full of it...

then again when i read the dood grows 3lb per 250MH bulb in dixie cups...that kinda gives them aways also....

Status
Not open for further replies.