What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Long term storage. Bud, Hash or Oil(BHO)?

FarmerGreen

I'm thinking of packing up my cabinet for a while.
I've got plenty of weed to tide me over, but I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best storage method.
I'll probably convert some to bho and some to hash and leave some as bud cos I like to change up how I consume. But if everyone reckons one way is better than another I'll do predominantly that.

In glass jars? In the freezer? Vacuum packed?

Glass jars packed with nitrogen gas, that would keep them the most fresh. I'd say probably Hash, as it only gets better with age. Oil keeps just great, anything with less surface area keeps better. I never had problems with nicely aged bud, it gets a lot more spiritual. A nice powerful calm, not to intense of an up so it keeps it's experience rolling on and on.

G

Green Supreme

I like that if you keep bud, you still have the option to make hash or oil in the future, as well as the option to puff a phatty. Peace GS

cool.
I've got a similar question:
would dried bud do fine in glass jars under a bit of earth (like hidden in the woods)?
its not a cold climate, far from it, no snow in the winter.

G

Green Supreme

cool.
I've got a similar question:
would dried bud do fine in glass jars under a bit of earth (like hidden in the woods)?
its not a cold climate, far from it, no snow in the winter.
Yes as long as they didn't break and were well sealed. Peace GS

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
How the hell do you do that?

You "purge" the air inside with nitrogen. This displaces MOST (not all) of the oxygen inside, slowing oxidative damage to the happy chemicals we want to later smoke.

This is/was/might be a popular trick when temporarily storing a bottle of opened wine. I have seen quite a few large liquor stores that also sell bottles of nitrogen suitable for purging a jar. Just follow the instructions on the nitrogen bottle.