What's new

Jamaican Outdoor Seeds

Hello All,

I'm back at it after a breif hiatus. I just got some seeds from some outdoor buds in Jamaica. There were obviously from an outdoor plant, but the pot was nice and sticky. Anyone have an thoughts on using these seeds for indoor growth? I have 7 of them but haven't started anything yet. Gotta wait for the in-laws to get out of my house!!!:1help:

yea but note if they're outdoor plants they're gonna wanna get big and stretchy on ya, LST can always cure some stretching and keep em close to your light soure...

Think Green

I agree with the bandit. Its also possible that if you keep conditions ideal, your internodes can become much more dense. Think I got a pic here. . .hold on. . .
Ok, I believe these are a pure sativa strain, Dutch Treat. They are an outdoor
stretchy breed, however in dwc, they stay very compact & robust. Im new at this, only about a good year of growing but this is just what I've found in my own ventures. Good Luck!

Oh, by the way, straighten them inlaws out with some good strong meds at harvest time! You know what they say, " A family that grows together..." lol
;)

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LST = Low Stress Training. It's simply a new name for the age old technique of bending down and rerooting wherever the branch or main stem touch ground again. People do it in a container by circling the branches around the surface, lots of tutorials on this site. It's considered to be the highest yielding cultivational method by some, but really any method that increases the 'light print' (surface area as seen from the light) of a plant will greatly increase it's yield. Many people who practice LST mistakenly think that the increase in yield is due to auxins building up at the bend sites and such, but it's really a result of increased lightprint.

So these seeds are seedlings now as of this post. I 'll update the picture in minute. How can I get people to view and comment on my album? Obviously I'm noobish to both the site and growing and I need and appreciate everyones help! THANKS!

Hoping this works...

If so its a current pic of the Jamaican seedlings. I'm wondering if I should be doing something about the massive stem growth?:dunno:

This is exactly a week in since I planted the germinated seeds. When should I re-pot these? And should I ditch the biodegradable cups? I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Soil mix.

Thanks all!:biggrin:

First night HID light and fan

First night HID light and fan

Here they are this morning under their first night of HID and a small fan. They are one week from seed. The light seemed to dry up the top of the soil really well and the plants have fallen down. After their dark period they were right back up.

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HID probably ok, but I'd ditch the fan if I were you. It's forcing unneeded transpiration, and that's what made them lay down. A bit more of that, and they'd be finished.

HID probably ok, but I'd ditch the fan if I were you. It's forcing unneeded transpiration, and that's what made them lay down. A bit more of that, and they'd be finished.

GreenGenes,

Thanks again,
How long should I be waiting before I do the fan? Is it only needed when in Flowering or veg?

I probably have my terminology wrong, but I would consider the state they are in now seedling, then probably vegatative within the next week, then flowering when in 12/12 lighting?

How about venting my grow box? Is that necessary at this stage?

Thank you again!

Here's a pic from tonight. I have turned off the fan for now.

I've been using distilled water. Is there any problems with that for my seedlings? I'm going to eventually use tap water when I get my pH adjusting chemicals.

Thanks,
Blitz :biggrin:

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They do look happier without the wind. I don't blow fans on my plants at any time during the grow. The forced transpiration doesn't do anything useful, and besides, wind doesn't make stems strong, genes and correct nutrients do. I think it's like forcing the ladies to do pushups. My plants are like Kobe beef, they get beer and daily massages! Blowing air directly on plants is useless, but moving the air gently around in the room is definitely good. Just train a small fan on the wall or ceiling, or maybe when the plants are vegged up to trees, under the canopy.

Distilled water is fine, but tap is probably just as good. What kind of water and it's PH is not as important as amount, frequency, drainage of soilmix and size of container. The goal of accurate watering is to encourage rapid root growth. You're using right sized (small) peat pots which let in a lot of oxygen to the roots. That's good because they're hard to overwater, but you have to watch them carefully because they can dry out fast under HID's.

I just call it vegetative period when the day is long, but you're right, it's really three periods; Seedling, Vegetative Growth and Flowering.

Not sure about venting your box, I'm not familiar with enclosed grow spaces.

Syd

ICMag Donor
I love jamaican casual seeds

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks guys!

Thanks guys!

I'll try repotting these tonight. Should I just go into a bigger vegging pot now? Or keep the smaller biodegradable pots, and move each plant into it's own? Anything I should be extra careful about when repotting? Water right after, etc.?

I'm not expecting to keep all 7 plants. I'm hoping to get some females obviously, and hoping for 2-3 strong plants. My grow cab isn't that big.

I'm also going to be lowering my LED to 6-12 inches above the plants. That was a suggestion from another member to help stop the stem from stretching.

Thank you all for the suggestions and well wishes!

No Messing around

No Messing around

What up guys. Got them seperated into new pots with fresh ocean mix on the bottom of the new cups. Watered generously after the transplants and lowered the LED.

Thanks all!:dance013: