What's new

Organic Sensi Seed Big Bud Mother Plant. pupleing in stems...ok to clone? PICS!

sednal

Sorry for such a long title but i want to get some general info in there. Got a mother plant growing from femenized seed that i plan to take clones from. It is in LC's organic soil mix and fed with botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow ferts at half doses along with a little calmag and silica because of distilled water. Vegging under 160 watts of floro.

Was planning on taking some clones but noticed that there is some purpleing in the stems of the stalks, as well as the stems of the shade leaves. The new growth at the top seems to be healthy bit as they grow the purple seems to go right up, leaving only the top inch nice and health. What usually causes that? Is it ok to go ahead and clone take that for a cutting or no?

Heres some pics.

Attachments

• m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 6
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 6
  • m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 5
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 8

Dank-j

cut the b*tches, purple stems are either strain dependent or a nute deficiency. I say they are fine to cut.

Got three of these girls ready for the chop tomorrow outdoors. Don't let the name fool you. The buds were no bigger than anything else I grew this season, 11 different strains. Looks decent but not impressed considering what they cost.

sednal

yeah im pretty sure the purpleing is not due to the strain, but more twards a neut deff. my question is, what neut deff?

BF, so far, they are showing BIG results in the flowering tent.

sednal

another thing id like to add is that the stems of the stalks that i would like to clone are starting to harden off as well as turn purple.

O

OrganicOzarks

In my experience Cold temperatures will give you purple. I have some vegging right now that I am going to clone and they are just a purple as yours. I actually have 3 different flavors vegging and all of them are purple as fuck. The only thing they have in common is the cold. I have used the same organic soil mix for a while so i know that it is not a nute issue. Also in my flower room I had 3 other flavors going and they were all purple as well. So that is 6 different flavors with the only thing in common being cold temps when it is lights out. I don't know if yours is cold temps, but I know mine is. I dont have much experience with nute problems because of the mix i use and the fact that I only use distilled water. The only variable i have is the temp.

Strike99

I believe phosphorus def is associated with purplish/purple stems... some one correct me if im wrong... could be a lock out from pH or too much of something else... PBP grow has lower p values (1.5% if im not mistaken...) than most.... so im assuming its that... if temps arnt getting too cool

M

MasterGrower

I've currently got four opium in a tent. The left of my tent faces into the room at the window and the right of the tent faces a wall, both sides have passive intakes. My two opium on the left are really purple and the two on the right aren't. I'm putting it down to the cool air constantly flowing in from the passive intake on the left.

The two sides have grown differently aswell which I'm putting down to a layer of hydroton at the bottom of my soil mix in the two left plants!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts