What's new

Help Wanted/Needed ( Sorry if wrong section looked everywhere i cant find )

frenzied

Hey Guys/Ladies

Ive got a great interest in growing weed, my mate grows but i don't think he knows as much as he lets out and need some better advice

1. Is there any links on this site from which people have made thread for complete newbies, if so could u please list these links so i can check them out

2. Ok here's the deal ill be dong it indoors in my room i only wish to do between 1-3 plants max just really for gaining experience plus ill only probably smoking it myself :D

Questions -

1. If i have a wardrobe will that be good for growing the plants in ?
2. What stuff will i need to start off ?
3. How do i keep smell to a minimum ( any gadgets to help with this ? ) ?
4. Anyone able to give me basic help on getting things started and keeping things under control ?

Stuff i got -

1. A Environlite Super 250W light
2. Coco proffesional plus +1 soil (not much tho so any other recommendations?
3. Pots ranging from 5-7.5 litres
4. Ph down, phosphoric acid, 81 % phosphoric acid

What else do i need ?

Like i said just started here, very keen and good interest in this stuff and i wanna learn fast and sorry if this is any inconvience to you or forums

thx

frenzied

Ok thx alot nice to see someone reply so fast :D ill do that and in mean time anyone else have any advice or recommendations please feel free :D

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I know you don't want to hear this, nobody does but, do some homework. Go through every indoor thread. Twice. Bookmark those that interest you. Go through those until you're down to one. There's your method. STEAL IT! Rip it off, swipe it wholesale. The OP will be flattered as hell.

A Library of Links is a great place to start. Pay special attention to the "clubs" under Resources at the top: CFL, 150, 250, 400, mills pride, and see what others have tried. The Link-O-Rama is another great collection of the best IC has to offer, including the OverGrow GrowFAQ

frenzied

kk thanks alot mate, ill look about now for them :D my main concern really is a list of everything ill need so i can get on and find that stuff then once my research is done ill be all set

Squiggles

hi frenzied
mate go out and purchase all the grow books u can
and not just on pot, hydroponics, growing in greenhouses, lighting ect ect
hit the libary if you cant afford to purchase them

just looking at your post you are halfway there
and an answer to your questions

1 yes a wardrobe will work fine as long as you can control the heat
(airflow is key)
2 u have everything u need + maybe an extraction fan and a timer(for flowering or vegin)
3 carbon scrubber (use this site search fuction u can build this or purchase it )
4 you are in the right place to get help just remember no question is a dumb question

happy garderning mate

MobbDeep

well..like freezer boy said..do some reading..everone here has been where your at..completely new to growing..i know ive been there..reading stuff on growing like it was in chinese..afetr years of reading..Everyday I STILL learn things..theres no such thing as too much reading..and youre in the best site to do it..but I guess Ill help you out a bit..

firs things first,how much money do you have RIGHT now to invest..

frenzied

Thanks people for all your help

ok ive got a timer and i have a little tiny plant already i didnt want to mention anything just in case i was doing sumthing totally wrong, its no more than a week old from when i placed the seed in the coco soil

Ive been usng tap water but ive been putting 2 ml of phosphoric acid into 2 ltrs of tap water and shaking ( dunno whether these measurements are right )

ive been giving them 18 hours of light and 6 hours dark on a daily basic i water them whenever the top of soil goes dry ( dont know if this is right )

atm my plant is about 1 1/2 - 2 inchs tall its got the 2 round leaves it starts with plus the 2 pointed cannabis leaves plus theres 2 more shoots coming through the top i believe

i hvnt been keeping a eye on temperature or nuthing but it is fairly hot in there so ill get onto ventilation as soon as possible

i saw a idea on here earlier where someone was using computer fans to take out hot air plus put fresh air in so i think that will be my ventilation

what is the carbon thing for ? and plus ive noticed a little light mold on a bit of that could dat be due to damp or sumthin else?

thx alot

frenzied

kk atm im not sure due to wages at work got fucked up this month currently trying to get it sorted this following week but i can always borrow money within reason and a limit so go ahead with anything u wish to tell me, i hve many people that can help me out so i should be good the wardrobe im doing it is something like 35"w 20"d 69"h btw

Squiggles

stop feeding your seedling acid its for controling ph
get some store brought nutrient ie mircale grow, aquasol ect ect

ok stick your finger in the medium to the level of your seedlings roots if its dry down there water

computer fans will work a treat

the carbon thingie is to remove smell from the exhast air
not a problem for u just yet but wait till your plant is etablished and flowering at it will smell trust me

frenzied

well i use ph because where i live the water is very hard water if that makes sense, id probably be better going out buying some cheap mineral water, ill hve to go out and buy a ph testing kit this week

ill be straight on to the miracle growth thing this week and the fans etc ill drill holes into cabinet this week and order my fans and things, carbon thing ill make as it progresses im sure i got a little while yet

how about the light coloured mold on top of soil a bit anything to worry about ?

if it helps in a couple of days ill get a photo up on here for you's of the wardrobe, light and plant

plus what should i try and keep the heat under or above ?

thx

Squiggles

ah i see your on the right track on the water

post up some pics mate will help everyone understand were your at alot better

i wouldnt be worried about the mold it shows you have the right conditins in there to support life but there are substances out there to control it

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Hey guys, we have a number of Jorge Cervantes videos right here in our own video galleries...if you find more on youtube, please put the links in the gallery for others to find easily.
Thanks,
~Payaso

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
id probably be better going out buying some cheap mineral water
For the fewest number of potential issues, stick to plain RO water if you can find it. Reverse Osmosis. Distilled would be my second choice. Be wary of any bottles that have minerals added for taste/flavor. :D

WeedChuck

Questions -

1. If i have a wardrobe will that be good for growing the plants in ?

Youd probably be better off doing it in your closet, you might look funny walking around in a suit with a plant coming out of it. Hey! excuse me sir! is that jacket made from hemp?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
listen mate - i really hope it goes well for you but you need a reality check - why are you expecting members here to spoon-feed you all the info when all you have to do is look around and do your homework? YOU are going to have to grow these plants so why not get pro-active and put the research in?

for crying out loud! - if you are capable of starting a thread then you are capable of browsing this site and finding the answers for yourself of what you need.

dont be a typical lazy stoner - next thing you'll be asking someone to go round and wipe your arse for you.

the internet is such a powerful tool for freedom of information - all you need is at your fingertips - USE IT!. if you are seriously asking what a carbon filter is for then you better get reading right away before the smell of that plant gets you into trouble.

dont get me wrong - everyone is very helpful here but dont take the p1ss

sincerely

V.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
listen mate - i really hope it goes well for you but you need a reality check - why are you expecting members here to spoon-feed you all the info when all you have to do is look around and do your homework?
I call it AOLism.

AOL created an entire sub-population of people that were completely useless. Why? The AOL software design and customer support system literally held your hand through every task. These people were completely convinced that anytime they needed anything, all they had to do was ask and someone would hold their hand and walk them through it.

The year they connected AOL to the internet and let all their 'users' have access to USENET and everything else, the overall quality of the net went down.

The end result is that I've witnessed this mentality spread through the net for quite a few years now and it seems to have spread beyond their network. I rarely come across people that do more than repeat what they've heard without actually looking something up. Researching a subject before hand is foreign to them.

Here I thought I worked it out pretty fast in only taking 4 months of study to figure out I wanted to start with Lucas. Another 4 months to build the box. All the while learning more and more. Didn't need to ask a single question my first micro-grow but then again, I'd done the reading. :D Makes all the difference in the world and is richly rewarding in a personal way.

For those of you that haven't.... Try it and you'll be pleasantly surprised. :D

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good theory hydro!

just to qualify what i said - there is nothing wrong with asking questions - i answer many questions on my grow diary and get quite a few PM's asking about mod.scrog as well.
But thats when people have already read about it and are asking questions to clarify details etc.

and i ask a lot of questions myself in the breeders lab etc.

but asking questions should be to suppliment your research - not replace it completely!

cheers

V.