What's new

HELP!! Social worker coming to "check" living conditions...

filo6942

So I have my little cousin (teenager) moving in with me. He needs a place to stay and I decided to take him in. I have a very small medical grow in a closet in my bedroom. My question is, can the social worker go into my room and open the closet? Should I put a lock on the closet? Should I stealth it and cover the closet with a poster and my bed? They said they just need to check out the living conditions. He will be living in my living room and I would think that is all they want to see, right? What can they check? Anyone have experiences with this kind of stuff? (California).

My friend is a senior social worker in Orange County. They will do a room check to see where the teenager will be sleeping and where everyone else will be sleeping. They dont open closets they ask you first . They would only ask you questions if they smelled something. Keep the closet door closed . You walk in the room first and stand slightly in front of the closet door and guide him towards the center of the room where the teenagers bed is. If they smell something or hear something in the closet that makes them worry about you ,you are going to get denied but usually the home visits are very routine and fast. I dont think a living room is going to be cool with them but good luck

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
Damn sounds like a crazzzy security risk, but like you sed man, a big ass poster and a bed in front i dont see them getting past that.. hopefully it works out with your light schedule. sorry i got nothin to put to the table but anyways good luck man. ohh and not sure you're relationship with your cousin but putting a lock on the closet door would be a great idea regardless..

filo6942

Thanks guys Karma sent.

Socal- They have been informed about living room. They said its fine as long as he can change clothes in the bathroom. Which of course he can. Oh and they want some chinese dividers up for some privacy.

Razor- i am flowerin, and I will turn the lights off for a whole day if I need to. It won't hurt em to do that just for a day.

I will be putting a lock on my bedroom door and it will be locked unless I am in there, no need for the kid to be going in my room anyway.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
spray the whole place down with febreeze its not the same shit people usually spray to cover weed smell
and i think it is great your helping out the kid.. K+ to you.. Hope all goes well, I think you should definitely take every pre caution necessary to not get noticed.. Good luck. peace.

sack

sorcival

Got custody of my kids ( I am a dude) in 1985. The social worker came sporadically,
never setting up a specific time. She would 'white glove' my ass every time, from the
kitchen cabinets to the tops of the closet racks. The floors had to almost be spit-shined
and polished. There could be NO dirt or dust and 'GASP' each bed had to be almost
militarily tucked. No shit, this chick would literally drop a quarter on the sheets to see
if they were tight and white enough. Damn!!!!
My little rug-rats finally became yard-apes and then moved to their own cribs, but
believe me bro, those social lionesses can be strictly hell if they choose to be.
Good luck

filo6942

Ok so he is coming tommorow at 930 am. I blocked off the door. It doesnt smell because my grow is so small and I don't have any super smelly strains.

I also have a/c in here and when I blast it, it just smells like cold hospital air.

However I will make some cookies or something before he shows up to completely cover the any smell. You won't be able to smell a fart!!

And I already febreezed ftw.

Sorcival, I won't put up with bs like that. If he thinks he can show up un announced I will be calling his boss. I doubt that will happen though with the way my state is right now. We are laying off cops and letting people out of prison lol.

Would be funny if it was my friend visiting you .... His first name starts with a B and has three letters in it lol. Good luck bud.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Of course it is better if they don't know...but CPS does honor MMJ...I had them called to my place, the looked at my rec, checked out the house, and left-- That was like 2 years ago...no probs--

filo6942

Ok so, he just left. He wasnt interested in my room at all. He just popped his head in there for 1 second and said ok.

He was bitching about the living room, that its not enough privacy for the kid.

I almost blew my top. The kid is currently sharing a room with 3 people, and even has to share a bed with his cousin. I am giving this boy an entire living room, and I took everything out of it except a couch, and I am buying him a TV for himself. Wtf more does this social worker want???

SDOG

Ok so, he just left. He wasnt interested in my room at all. He just popped his head in there for 1 second and said ok.

He was bitching about the living room, that its not enough privacy for the kid.

I almost blew my top. The kid is currently sharing a room with 3 people, and even has to share a bed with his cousin. I am giving this boy an entire living room, and I took everything out of it except a couch, and I am buying him a TV for himself. Wtf more does this social worker want???

a life he doesnt hate

Latest posts

Latest posts