What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitchin bout biden

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Sure is quiet in here....wonder why?

picture.php

(marjorie taylor greene, lol, congress served her a platter)

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
The constituency of this country is being played for fools by both sides of the aisle...

It's just a big power struggle to all of them, and the Dems seem to be in the lead right now...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I've read recently that California wants to pass new laws stating that all cars and trucks in the state must be electric by the year 2025..(or is it 2026)
I'm not sure, I can't keep up with all the wonderful new ideas..

Just think, no more gas and diesel burning vehicles polluting the air...
I know, it sounds great..

But I just wanna know what fuel is gonna be burned to power all the electrical generators to produce all the electricity we need to charge all the batteries for these electric cars and trucks...
Are we going to produce all that electricity with solar panels..?
Wow, that will be wonderful...

But there's other stuff I wonder about too..

The president has stated in the past week that the entire Federal fleet of cars and trucks are going to be converted to electric vehicles within the next several year too..
Other than the costs to do this, that's a great idea!

All we need to do is build more batteries...

Modern, rechargeable batteries are made with Cobalt..
It's an element, in the form of a mineral that is mined from the earth..
Great, let's just dig up some more of that stuff..

All of the above is written just so you think about stuff going on today.. It'll be great to save the earth..
But what are the costs? And I'm not just talking about the money costs...

I know some of you don't wanna hear this, but others of you do.

"According to Siddharth Kara, an expert on modern day slavery, “more than 60% of the world's supply of cobalt is mined in the 'copper belt' of the south-eastern provinces of Democratic Republic of the Congo.” His research suggests that “more than 255,000 creuseurs (diggers) mining cobalt in DRC, at least 35,000 of whom are children, some as young as six.” ."

Here's a link to an article from an "esteemed" publication.. https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap.../congo-cobalt-mining-for-lithium-ion-battery/

for some reason, after you click on it, you have to scroll down to read it...
Yeah, it's 4 years old but as far as I can tell, it's still relevant..
Please read it

picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Major car companies have hydrogen cars right now. Hyundai, Toyota, Honda.

All you need to make Hydrogen is a solar panel and water.

picture.php

St. Phatty

Major car companies have hydrogen cars right now. Hyundai, Toyota, Honda.

All you need to make Hydrogen is a solar panel and water.

View Image

just as if you used Smokeless Powder to power a car, you have to deal with the problem of storing the flammable fuel source.

Considering how much energy is stored in gasoline, it seems like it has a good safety record.

Of course that guy that was just in the news for the face & hands transplant, got burned in a car accident I think.

So there is probably room for improvement, in terms of safety.

Maybe call it Hindenburg Hydrogen.com

At least it will have a better safety record than Boeing. :tumbleweed:

I guess the connection to Biden is, he'll do another government subsidy Green New Deal program ? like the Obama Cash for Clunkers program that paid dealers to destroy used cars.

America's Elected Leaders suck at Science and have no respect for nature.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
just as if you used Smokeless Powder to power a car, you have to deal with the problem of storing the flammable fuel source.

Considering how much energy is stored in gasoline, it seems like it has a good safety record.

Of course that guy that was just in the news for the face & hands transplant, got burned in a car accident I think.

So there is probably room for improvement, in terms of safety.

Maybe call it Hindenburg Hydrogen.com

At least it will have a better safety record than Boeing. :tumbleweed:

I guess the connection to Biden is, he'll do another government subsidy Green New Deal program ? like the Obama Cash for Clunkers program that paid dealers to destroy used cars.

America's Elected Leaders suck at Science and have no respect for nature.

Water and hydrogen are the best battery and power storage there is.
Gasoline is pretty volatile. Cars are blowing up all over the place but we still use it.

You can burn hydrogen in a modified piston engine.

igrowone

Veteran
Sodium-sulphur batteries are also said to replace lithium in the near future. I suppose we will see.
there are a lot of competitive battery chemistries making big progress
TCO of electric vehicles has become very competitive to internal combustion
electric probably will happen anyways, idea is to nudge it along faster
it won't replace everything, it's better adapted to grid living where most people are
but that works just fine

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lou Dobbs show was just canceled hahahahahahaha.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2021/02/05/fox-news-abruptly-cancels-lou-dobbs-tonight/
Fox News has canceled “Lou Dobbs Tonight,” a Fox News Media spokesperson confirms, just one day after the longtime host was hit with a defamation lawsuit from voting machine company Smartmatic alleging he promoted conspiracy theories about the election. Lou Dobbs Tonight” is the highest rated program on Fox Business Network, but next week the show’s name will change to “Fox Business Tonight” minus Lou :D

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
$2.7 billion. The largest civil law suit ever. Maybe that will stop the steal.
Three Fox anchors named, Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs and Jeanine Pirro.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
$2.7 billion. The largest civil law suit ever. Maybe that will stop the steal.
Three Fox anchors named, Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs and Jeanine Pirro.

and the lawsuit has some actual legs unlike the kraken nonsense that started this...

igrowone

Veteran
yes the kraken
perhaps the 'kraken' is real, but not quite the liberal hating monster it was portrayed as
perhaps the kraken eats the money of those who awakened it

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
and the lawsuit has some actual legs unlike the kraken nonsense that started this...

Yes it does. There are also suits against Sidney Powell and Rudy the Dripper.
Dobbs getting fired appears to be an admission of guilt.

redlaser

Veteran
Dobbs was the sacrificial lamb in an effort to appear that they are negotiating in good faith to lower the $ damage. They don’t have a lot to offer otherwise.

Latest posts

Latest posts