What's new

Black Lives Matter "protest" lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
get your congress to change the law that you can no longer be a cop unless you go through 2 years mandatory full time schooling and spend 1 year in a probationary phase after that working on the beat. if no one detects power tripping tendencies then let them become a full cop. do that 1 thing and it will change policing for ever. after that cops should be continuously re assessed for how they do their job under hard conditions, those that show signs of cracking should be out, no second chances. it takes a very special type of person to do that kind of job well over a longer time, corruption can creep in so easily.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
which small town are we talking about thats racist? lets be specific and out those bastards....i'd like to see you go to the that town square and start preaching white supremacy, then we will see how fast you get your ass whipped by locals who don't take kindly to that racist sheit. you are living in a past imo, otherwise name the places and prove what your saying. its so easy to accuse people of an idea in their head without proof, but its worthless. a mans character and actions are way more important to 99% of humans then the colour of his skin.

like i said, you have never been to anyplace like that, it is obvious. until you have walked those streets & lived with those folks, they are not going to lower the mask they wear. the past is still alive, they still revere the Confederates & founders of the Klan. they were started here in Tennessee, you know. two of my uncles were stopped entering a state park where a rally was being held with a trunk load of shotguns, rifles etc to donate to the "cause". which small town? the vast majority of them. blacks & whites get along well UNTIL the blacks demand actual equality instead of fucking lip service. you are right about a mans worth, character & actions being more valuable than skin tone, but wrong about everything else you said.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Doubtful, they watch too much football and those black guys are pretty good. If they're only into Nascar they might be racist. Lol, don't follow it at all but I never heard of a black Nascar racer. Going to need to find one for the BLM car. LMAO

Plus I doubt anyone born past 1950 has ever uttered the term "uppity niggers" that just sounds like an 80+ year old lady. LMAO, I wish someone would say that, I'd have to fuck with them. Lol, My great Aunt calls black people mulignans but she's probably 85. So maybe we can just let Covid kill all the racist old people and have a giant interracial orgy?? :laughing: Summer of love 2021! :party::smokey: PM me for VIP tickets. Lol, we can make it a tour bigger than the Greatful Dead, all 50 states, who's in?

Darrell "Bubba" Wallace. didn't look very hard, did you? the King (Richard Petty) hired him. i hear shit about black people almost every day. we've got 2 or 3 at work. hard workers. one of our best got fired when he failed a drug test for...cannabis. one is a minister in his late 60s that could kick anyones ass that works there. plays full-court basketball & goes to the gym 5 or 6 times a week. also got some uneducated idiots that think it is still the 1950s, before Civil Rights era began. doubt what you want, i know better...

CaptainDankness

get your congress to change the law that you can no longer be a cop unless you go through 2 years mandatory full time schooling and spend 1 year in a probationary phase after that working on the beat. if no one detects power tripping tendencies then let them become a full cop. do that 1 thing and it will change policing for ever. after that cops should be continuously re assessed for how they do their job under hard conditions, those that show signs of cracking should be out, no second chances. it takes a very special type of person to do that kind of job well over a longer time, corruption can creep in so easily.

Or a 4 year apprenticeship like an electrician or plumber, really all skilled jobs should be like that instead of school for years with no on the job training at all.

Definitely got to get rid of the asshole cops and crack down on steroids, cause some of them are juicing up hard just wishing for a problem. One of them tried getting me to fight him while I was cuffed. Lol, I definitely didn't stand up, dude looked like Broc Lesnar. Lol

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Or a 4 year apprenticeship like an electrician or plumber, really all skilled jobs should be like that instead of school for years with no on the job training at all.

Definitely got to get rid of the asshole cops and crack down on steroids, cause some of them are juicing up hard just wishing for a problem. One of them tried getting me to fight him while I was cuffed. Lol, I definitely didn't stand up, dude looked like Broc Lesnar. Lol

yeah, they get real brave after you are cuffed or outnumbered 4 or 5 to one. if you kick their ass you WILL get shot... only reason local boxer never got killed was he was a white Irish guy that never started shit where there were no witnesses. white witnesses are believed in court...and cops know it.

CaptainDankness

Darrell "Bubba" Wallace. didn't look very hard, did you? the King (Richard Petty) hired him. i hear shit about black people almost every day. we've got 2 or 3 at work. hard workers. one of our best got fired when he failed a drug test for...cannabis. one is a minister in his late 60s that could kick anyones ass that works there. plays full-court basketball & goes to the gym 5 or 6 times a week. also got some uneducated idiots that think it is still the 1950s, before Civil Rights era began. doubt what you want, i know better...

I don't watch Nascar at all. And another left turn, and another left turn!! Lol, drag racing, rally racing, motocross, etc., etc. That I can do.

I personally haven't heard anyone talking racist in a long time, my generation grew up on gangster rap I definitely like rock better, but I can bump some Eazy E and Tupac. How many people under 40 do you know that are truly racist? I can only think of people who went to prison myself. Now racist jokes is another story, definitely heard a lot of racist jokes, but they're jokes.

mowood3479

Veteran

If you have to hear racist conversation at work every day, then you work with racists.
stop calling all of us racists and call them racists.
and then find a better place to work. Who the fuck wants to be around racists all day. I sure as shit wouldn’t

buzzmobile

Veteran
which small town are we talking about thats racist? lets be specific and out those bastards....i'd like to see you go to the that town square and start preaching white supremacy, then we will see how fast you get your ass whipped by locals who don't take kindly to that racist sheit. you are living in a past imo, otherwise name the places and prove what your saying. its so easy to accuse people of an idea in their head without proof, but its worthless. a mans character and actions are way more important to 99% of humans then the colour of his skin.

Perry, FL may be on the list.
20 years ago:
Jim Crow Lives On in Florida Bar’s Back Room

By SUE ANNE PRESSLEY
April 1, 2001 12 AM PT
WASHINGTON POST
PERRY, Fla. — For 30 years, many people in this town of 8,000 have known about the “back room” at Perry Package Store & Lounge: a small space with a concrete floor, folding chairs, a couple of tables, a jukebox stocked with the blues--and an all-black clientele.
In the larger front lounge, the mostly white patrons sat and drank and listened to country music. Owner David Holton insists nobody deliberately planned it that way--it was the customers’ choice.
To a widening circle of critics and state investigators, however, that explanation seems ridiculous. They’ve come to believe the back room represents something much more sinister and, 35 years after the passage of America’s civil rights legislation, illegal: a brand of racism so deeply entrenched, so much a part of the fabric of life here that it remained unchallenged.
Until, that is, a recent afternoon when an out-of-town traveler stopped to buy a drink.

That potential customer was Maryland state legislator Talmadge Branch, who is black. His Feb. 3 experience--he says he was refused a beer unless he went around to the back--has spawned several investigations and a barrage of negative publicity for the Panhandle town, 48 miles southeast of Tallahassee, which is one-quarter black.
It also has pushed the issue of race relations to the forefront, raising uncomfortable questions about just how much racial attitudes have evolved in small towns and rural pockets of the South--and about how much tacit acceptance there is from blacks and whites about discriminatory practices because they may be unwilling to speak out.
To many onlookers, the Perry episode calls to mind the struggles of the 1950s and ‘60s, when restrooms were labeled “white” and “colored,” restaurants and motels could refuse service with impunity, and blacks were relegated to the back of the bus. Some black residents say it’s “common knowledge” that blacks aren’t welcome in the front lounge at Perry Package, so they don’t go there, just as they say they know to sit in certain sections of local restaurants or even not to frequent some businesses.
“Perry is a white people’s town,” said welder William Greene, 29.

“I ain’t gonna lie--it’s been like this a long time,” agreed Andre Campbell, 22, a student at Florida A&M; University. “It took somebody from the outside, and he’s got some friends in high places. Us being local, they wouldn’t do anything. Black people around here are used to it.”
Branch, passing through Perry on a business trip about 3 p.m. that Saturday, said bartender Patricia Hughes directed him to the back room, saying: “I can’t serve you. It’s the rules.” Branch said he took that to be a reference to his race because several white patrons were drinking at the bar.
When Branch pressed her, Hughes said that Holton, who wasn’t present, had told her to close the front lounge briefly for an afternoon cleaning and that the other customers would be leaving as soon as they finished their drinks. In a later interview with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), however, Hughes told investigators she also feared the reactions of two white male patrons to Branch’s presence and didn’t want Branch to get hurt. She directed him to the back “for his own protection, but did not know how to tell him that,” she said.
Asked whether Holton had ever instructed her to guide black patrons to the back, Hughes said no.
“He leaves that . . . if we think it might be a dangerous situation, to assess the situation,” she told investigators. “We serve blacks up front all the time, but it’s usually people passing through. He does that his self, he assesses the situation, and if you got rednecks in there, try to call [black customers] aside and say, ‘Look, you know, maybe you’d be more comfortable if you would come on in here and talk to me or come back here.’ We come back here and sit and talk with the blacks all the time. . . . We don’t have a problem with that. . . . The only reason they’re back here is because that’s the way they like to drink.”
Holton and Hughes have said the back room, behind the business’s package store section, was where patrons who liked to buy a more economical bottle in the store, instead of expensive drinks in the lounge, would sit and relax. Most local patrons who choose that room, they said, are older black men; a younger, exclusively black crowd congregates at the nearby 98 Club. There are several other combination package store-lounges in town, mostly catering to whites.
As Branch argued with Hughes, he said, he heard a female voice--he didn’t know whether it was a customer or employee--say, “Coloreds are served at the back or the drive-through.” Stunned, he finally went out into the parking lot and called town police to lodge a complaint.
“I was absolutely torn. I couldn’t believe it,” Branch, 45, who heads Maryland’s Legislative Black Caucus, said recently. “It’s hard to explain. I was filled with a lot of anger, feeling like I was back in the ‘40s or ‘50s or ‘60s.”
Later, he said he related the incident to a friend in Perry who responded, “I could’ve told you not to go in there.”
Holton has since locked up the back room. He and Hughes have written letters of apology to Branch, with Holton denying any racist intent and offering “sincerest apologies and commitment to fight against racial intolerance.”
In addition to the FDLE investigation, ordered by Gov. Jeb Bush, the case is being investigated by the U.S. attorney’s office. The Florida Commission on Human Relations has set up temporary shop here to gather other complaints. The state Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco seeks to revoke the business’s liquor license.
And Florida Atty. Gen. Bob Butterworth has charged owners Holton and his wife, Diane, and Hughes with civil rights violations and unfair trade practices, seeking monetary damages and penalties of up to $10,000 per violation. Butterworth said the incident revealed “a long-standing pattern and practice of segregating people on the basis of race and subjecting African American consumers to inferior treatment and conditions. . . . Incidents such as this make us realize how much further we still have to go.”
But Holton’s attorney, Greg Parker of Perry, said the case has become a “rush to judgment” as rumors and myths have overtaken the facts. “This is not Rosa Parks’ bus,” he said, acknowledging Hughes was wrong but well-meaning in her handling of the situation.
Holton, 48, faced with the potential loss of the business started by his father, said he would have been forced to close long ago if he were guilty of such practices.
“We’ve been here over 50 years and we’ve never had a violation on our license and we’ve never had a complaint and we’re right here on the edge of the black community,” he said. “If we were mistreating people, there would’ve had to have been something before now.”
Perry had until now attracted little attention beyond its annual Florida Forest Festival, featuring a chain saw competition and the world’s largest free fish fry. Surrounded by thick pine forests, the town is at the center of the state’s timber industry, and big logging trucks rumble up and down Highway 27, on which Perry Package is situated.
Since news broke of the incident, bringing in television camera crews and a busload of black state legislators accompanied by the Rev. Al Sharpton, many white residents have clammed up, politely deflecting reporters’ questions and declining to give their names. Many say the incident, while unfortunate, shouldn’t reflect on the entire town. They say blacks and whites get along well here and that any problems are confined to the bar scene.
“It’s not good for the Chamber of Commerce, being labeled the most racist town in America right now. When you get down and start looking, the facts don’t bear that out,” said Don Lincoln, editor and publisher of the Perry News-Herald, who says many reporters have arrived with “preconceived opinions.”
“Sure, we’ve got some work to do, but this is by no means this bad, prejudicial town,” he said. “We’re a nice town. We go to church a lot. We take care of our kids. We have a low crime rate. . . . If people want to believe all this poppycock, fine, they don’t need to come here. But once they come here, it’s not what they thought it would be.”
Back at Perry Package, David Holton said he regrets all the trouble. “I’m sorry for my community getting embarrassed,” he said. “I’m sorry for Mr. Branch getting embarrassed. I wish I could make it go away, but I can’t.”

Perry, FL 20 years later:

https://floridapolitics.com/archive...ntys-troubling-struggle-with-race-in-schools/

imiubu

As much as it pains me to agree with AOH, what he is stating IME, is factual.
Folks may not want to admit to this perhaps, shrug.
Doesn't change the fact (that especially) in the rural areas of the deep south,
racism exists just as he has described... and worse.

Hell, I live in a northern city and witness prejudice against "non whites" often
enough to know it still exists, unfortunately.
Race prejudice exists heavily w/ in the 'biker communities' up here also.
I am speaking from my own personal experiences.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I don't watch Nascar at all. And another left turn, and another left turn!! Lol, drag racing, rally racing, motocross, etc., etc. That I can do.

I personally haven't heard anyone talking racist in a long time, my generation grew up on gangster rap I definitely like rock better, but I can bump some Eazy E and Tupac. How many people under 40 do you know that are truly racist? I can only think of people who went to prison myself. Now racist jokes is another story, definitely heard a lot of racist jokes, but they're jokes.

how many under 40? lots.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If the female founder of BLM is a Marxist then how does she qualify buying a house in a apparent gorgeous part of California for over a $1million ?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Genuine question, I don't know the answer. If a white guy had gone to chill in the back room of the above bar, would the black people have had a problem with that?

buzzmobile

Veteran
Genuine question, I don't know the answer. If a white guy had gone to chill in the back room of the above bar, would the black people have had a problem with that?

Not in that bar.
“I ain’t gonna lie--it’s been like this a long time,” agreed Andre Campbell, 22, a student at Florida A&M; University. “It took somebody from the outside, and he’s got some friends in high places. Us being local, they wouldn’t do anything. Black people around here are used to it.”

Sunshineinabag

As much as it pains me to agree with AOH, what he is stating IME, is factual.
Folks may not want to admit to this perhaps, shrug.
Doesn't change the fact (that especially) in the rural areas of the deep south,
racism exists just as he has described... and worse.

Hell, I live in a northern city and witness prejudice against "non whites" often
enough to know it still exists, unfortunately.
Race prejudice exists heavily w/ in the 'biker communities' up here also.
I am speaking from my own personal experiences.

Is non whites......so skin tone dictates who recieves racist chit? Cause in summer i look like a baseball glove........some of hhe most racist folks ivf ever meg were black. Convinced the country owes them for being born black....lives what ya make it kids

Sunshineinabag

like i said, you have never been to anyplace like that, it is obvious. until you have walked those streets & lived with those folks, they are not going to lower the mask they wear. the past is still alive, they still revere the Confederates & founders of the Klan. they were started here in Tennessee, you know. two of my uncles were stopped entering a state park where a rally was being held with a trunk load of shotguns, rifles etc to donate to the "cause". which small town? the vast majority of them. blacks & whites get along well UNTIL the blacks demand actual equality instead of fucking lip service. you are right about a mans worth, character & actions being more valuable than skin tone, but wrong about everything else you said.

I seen a couple of em at Lejeune......tee hee they still sour over losing the civil war.....what a shame.thry treat dogs like chit in the south...id be a serial killer of animal abusers jn that southrn chithole

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
minneapolis-riots-looting-black-lives-matter-rick-mckee-cartoon.jpg

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well not living in little town in the deep south, i suppose i have to bow to your local knowledge on the matter of racism flourishing or not. it is telling that the article about the segregated bar is 20 years old so i do wonder how the place is getting on.

but lets be real, even in the US if you take a 100 random people from random places you will have a hard time finding people who don't believe all races deserve the same rights. i mean you always get exceptional places or situation, but they are not statistically relevant when you look at the over all picture. i mean even now there is a village in Germany known for having a bunch of nazies living there. but thats statistically insignificant. it doesn't make German a nazi country, just like some old idiots in the south don't make the US racist as a nation.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
In Britain they were Irish jokes. An Englishman a Scots man and an Irishman walk into a bar, bartender says "what is this, a joke?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts