What's new

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mowood3479

Veteran
How do you define elitist?

Lot of the right seem to associate it with someone who took a class beyond 12th grade.

The dividers would like you to think grade 12 and under is the common man, 12 and over are elite and the enemy.

Sounds like a joke, but apparently it has some support

Elitist to me =
Ivy League education (probably legacy admission)
Probably Yale somewhere in post grad
“Works” in Washingtonian circles.
Should be hung

h.h.

Veteran
I made it to my freshman year in high school. I did much better in college. I don’t deny anybody who studied their way to Yale. I don’t care if they bought their way in. Not when the money results in a new building and other facilities to benefit those who did study. They still have to earn their grades. Anything else reflects back on the school. Many of the ivy leagues have been tarnished in that respect. What really matters in our society is ones ability to make money, Yale or University of Tahoe.

redlaser

Veteran
Elitist to me =
Ivy League education (probably legacy admission)
Probably Yale somewhere in post grad
“Works” in Washingtonian circles.
Should be hung

Ok, that would align with a more stereotypical definition of elite.

What I was referring to was elite being used a lot more broadly than that, like to define the journalist in Indiana in 1912 in the previous post about the non mask wearer.

Doubt most journalists would consider themselves elite, likely the word is meant as an insult, comparable to the word liberal.

'Boogieman'

When I think of elitist I think of politicans and the laws they make. For example they were exempt for prosecution for insider trading while the common person and even Martha Stewart would go to prison.

Cannavore

Veteran
0w6iNaE.png

LLSIezq.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Both sides see the other as fucked up. Personally I believe lefties and Democrats are sheep. I never seen a Trump supporter driving alone with a mask on but Democrats are so scared it's comical.

or simply capable of thinking about someone aside from themselves...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
After leaving a store, I often forget to take off my mask. So I must look like one of those. But once I turned 50, I didn't give a shit what anyone thought anyway. Even less so at 60.

But hey... keep looking cool. It's important.

igrowone

Veteran
how can we be sure mask wearers in a car are Dems?
maybe they're MAGAs trying to look like Dems wearing masks in a car

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After leaving a store, I often forget to take off my mask. So I must look like one of those. But once I turned 50, I didn't give a shit what anyone thought anyway. Even less so at 60.

But hey... keep looking cool. It's important.

lol, really one of the few things about getting older that doesn't suck! i wish i could travel back in time and tell my younger self all about the joys of growing older...but i already know i was too stupid back then to listen to myself!

but yeah,mask...

the other night i was super baked before i went to water the garden...because i have a lot of tents going i keep the building dark because there's always a tent on lights off...so there's multiple panda curtains sectioning everything off so i can work during the day...

anyway...so i use a headlamp to navigate thru the rooms at night,so it's kinda like a ritual,headlamp and grow room glasses on my head,and off i go...the other night even though i was alone at home,i put a mask on...force of habit...

it will be nice to get back to non socially distanced custie interactions...i'm glad most of them show up masked,but miss the smoking a bowl part...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I see that allot, people wearing masks while driving in a car alone.
I always figured they were playing on the red team.

Status
Not open for further replies.