What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COVID-19 Boots on the ground reports, what is happening in your town?

Gry

Veteran
Listening to Tom Hartmann's show this morning.
Today is the first time I have heard it mentioned that we may well be looking at a need
for new "boosters" for the vaccine every 9- 12 months as variants adapt.

Was it a gift from the Oswald Institute of Cancer Research ?

redlaser

Veteran
CDC has a link called vaccinefinder.org that shows vaccine availability in a given area if anyone is trying to locate it.

COVID-19.ca.gov has some good current county statistics, where to get tested and vaccinated as well.

myturn.ca.gov is another sign up/ notification for vaccine in California, part of the covid19.ca.gov site above.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Listening to Tom Hartmann's show this morning.
Today is the first time I have heard it mentioned that we may well be looking at a need
for new "boosters" for the vaccine every 9- 12 months as variants adapt.

Was it a gift from the Oswald Institute of Cancer Research ?

Maybe, but I doubt it. Pandemics usually only last 2 years. Our efforts to date have been to try an limit the number of lives lost balanced with economic realities of the world.

Already, the 2 years seems to be the case. While it's still early, the pandemic in India's largest slums seems to be waning instead of raging. They're not sure why yet. Is it because of already heightened immunity systems in the poor (with no sanitation to speak of), the susceptible have already died, or the virus is burning or mutating itself out on it's own. Now it's quite possible that they've slowed testing. Regardless, it's something to think about.

India was in crisis months ago. Why have its Covid cases plummeted?
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/24/asia/india-covid-decline-explainer-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

Gry

Veteran
Not sure if you are familiar with Hartmann, but he is not a dull tack.
I have come to have a good deal of respect for his opinion, and
would not be at all surprised to hear that annual booster shots will become
a new standard.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Was reading an article last night that suggests COVID should be easier to control with booster jabs than flu as it doesn’t have as many variations as the flu- which has around 5,000 variations circulating so they can only make educated guesses which one will be dominant each year.
Also flu has established itself reservoirs in various animals which can jump back more easily.

Got my first jab booked, earlier than expected- around 2 weeks.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Was reading an article last night that suggests COVID should be easier to control with booster jabs than flu as it doesn’t have as many variations as the flu- which has around 5,000 variations circulating so they can only make educated guesses which one will be dominant each year.
Also flu has established itself reservoirs in various animals which can jump back more easily.

Got my first jab booked, earlier than expected- around 2 weeks.
Hope folks bought some BP stock with their relief checks!

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Got my first Pfizer vaccine and have had no negative side effects yet other than the expected mildly sore shoulder.

Bill Gates did knock on my door and wanted to know if I could spare him some bud. How the hell did he find me? Must have been through conventional means like the ping signal on my smart phone...

Im'One

yup
Got my second shot too it sure as hell was ao lot easier to get through the self checkout at Walmart afterwards!​

mr.brunch

Veteran
My grandmother had her first shot and now she wants to work for Microsoft.
Joking aside, let’s hope this antivirus is effective.

White Beard

There are some, of course, who insist that ‘of course’ there are no flu cases because they’re calling them ALL covid now...but what if an unforeseen side effect of covid were for influenza to disappear?

G

There are some, of course, who insist that ‘of course’ there are no flu cases because they’re calling them ALL covid now...but what if an unforeseen side effect of covid were for influenza to disappear?

Or that, in many cases, schools, restaurants, bars, amphitheaters, and more, have been restricted in operations across the Country, with some exceptions, masks have been required in LOTS of places (municipalities, and businesses in particular), hand-washing has been pushed repeatedly as a routine method of disinfecting, social distancing has improved (including signs painted or stuck to the floors of businesses and other venues), there's been a major push for people to receive flu vaccinations (initially with the motivation being to keep necessary hospital space reserved for any increase in #'s of C-19 patients), and numerous other factors that would inherently decrease the spread of flu viruses.

Sometimes the folks who grab on to a part of a cause, and leave the remainder of the answer staring them in the face, but seemingly unaware, fail to see their own answers. Sometimes. Maybe a lot of the time.

vanilla dutch

Business as usual. Nuthin new to report about covid. Its been 2 weeks since my second shot. I still wear a mask outside and around the unvaccinated. Especially in public.

vanilla dutch

Actually forgot i was in public the other day when shopping.totally forgot about social distancing proper behavior around people.literally walk out the store to walk back in and try again.lol