What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Here's the 2x4 with a Pharaoh's Kush, one of three taken down and replaced with fresh cuts. The other two were Critical Sensi Princess and Pineapple Chuck, but I forgot to grab pics of those:(

Attachments

• IMG_20210130_165950.jpg
    IMG_20210130_165950.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210130_170043.jpg
    IMG_20210130_170043.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210130_170203.jpg
    IMG_20210130_170203.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 9

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I have a bike question for you Unc. This is my first bike with a thru axel and yesterday after I broght it home and put my front tire back on the lever the provides tension was not working. It screws in just fine and tightens. The lever just does not tighten it up. It just stays floppy. Any advice would would be appreciated. I would have called the bike shop but they were already closed when I got home and don't not open again until Tuesday. Thanks.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a bike question for you Unc. This is my first bike with a thru axel and yesterday after I broght it home and put my front tire back on the lever the provides tension was not working. It screws in just fine and tightens. The lever just does not tighten it up. It just stays floppy. Any advice would would be appreciated. I would have called the bike shop but they were already closed when I got home and don't not open again until Tuesday. Thanks.

take a pic...i have three different kinds of thru axle here

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a heads up for anyone that wants in on a Smokin deal on an hlg rspec. Sale ends today so hit me up if ya want

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
A thru-axle (TA) is a wheel attachment system that secures a wheel on a hub between a pair of dropouts on a bicycle frame or fork. The thru-axle threads directly through the fork/frame holes and into the wheel hub, which makes the wheel secure from detaching.

Now you know :thank you:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

that's going to work like a regular quick release...so you need to tighten it to a point where you can get the lever all the way closed,from the pics it looks like you need to back it off a tad,right now it's too tight for the lever to lay flat...

also,almost all bike shops are closed on sunday,it's race day...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also it looks like the type of axle that once tightened you can pull the lever outward to get it aligned vertically...so once tight,pull the lever outward to turn it how you want,then push the lever closed...it looks to be spring loaded...

hope that makes sense..

Akss

Ugh i shouldnt even be looking at them lights lol time to get my lazy ass down there and mix up and water. Another storm on the way more white wet sand coming

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
i have a question! Don't know if any of you know or not...

Since JW passed away, whats become of the other numbered (1 through- how ever many there where) glues he spoke about from time to time? Are they gone now? Did some one else have then???