What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sorry Skunk Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco Renda

I have to say there is NO TRUTH to him ever selling any feminized genetics nor is he a DEA agent / informant. I would personally like to apologize to him for publishing the article by Joe Pietri. I also would like to thank him for showing me that Joe Pietri stated in his book King of Nepal ( Pg. 53) that he himself worked with the DEA to get someone he worked with busted with 500 kilos of hash. Now isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black?

I have come to realize that Joe Pietri is nothing but an angry old man who is jealous of others.

I guess that I am now going to be on the recieving end of Joe Pietri as he is pissed off with me. I not only pulled his article from TY # 26 slagging off Skunk Man , Ed Rosenthal , Steve Hagar and the rest of the crew over at High Times but I also informed him that I am no longer going to publish any of his articles.

So again my appologies to Sam Skunk Man.

I also appologize in my editiorial in TY # 26 and in person at the High Times Cannabis Cup

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Take Care and Peace
Marco Renda
Federal Exemptee
Publisher
Treating Yourself
The Alternative Medicine Journal

Attachments

• TY26coverweb.jpg
    TY26coverweb.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 37

sac beh

Thank God, Marco.

It gets old having to continually debunk all the conspiracy theories about Sam that have arisen from that article. Let's hope they're not too firmly ingrained in stoners' minds.

Good move, and happy new year...

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I think that's very big of you. Nice one Marco.

Anyone can make a mistake, I personally have a lot of respect for those who can admit when they have.

Happy 7

So what is going to change over at TY to prevent the publication of articles by the next jealous, angry, old man?

Tom Hill

Veteran
Thank you Marco, thank you very much.

Ours is like a big family, with the occasional low-life uncle Joe managing to crash the party. To open the door is human, it happens, but certain rules do apply. We'll be held accountable for not only our intentions, but our judgment too - together they form our actions. To admit it was the wrong thing to do and take responsibility for it, is indeed honorable sir.

I don't know how Sam feels about it, but you've earned back some respect today in my eyes.

Peace Brother,
Tom

Marco Renda

So what is going to change over at TY to prevent the publication of articles by the next jealous, angry, old man?

Hey Happy well as long as I own and control TY magazine our main and only goal will be to keep educating the uninformed and NOT publish any NEGATIVE AND DISTRUCTIVE RANTS AND RAVES by JEALOUS & ANGRY people within our industry.

I too am sick and tired of all the negitivity within our community and I do believe that I must lead by example.

Happy New Year

Take Care and Peace
Marco

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Apologies are nice and all, but talk is cheap.

How do you un-do all of the damage that you have done to Sam's reputation? You simply can't... this is why the article should have never been printed in the first place.... you need to check your 'facts' before you publish... it's the responsibility of the press... you know.... it goes along with freedom of the press?

You have not only damaged Sam's reputation, but have also sullied your own name and the name of your magazine in the process.

I suggest you put some force behind your words, and make a donation to a charity of Sam's choosing, in Sam's name equal to the proceeds you gained from publishing the smear against his character.

That would speak volumes IMO, and would show you actual feel some remorse for the immeasurable wrong you've committed against Sam's character.

Like I said an appology is a nice start, but it's just that; a start.

-Chimera

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
well played i love when someone steps up admits that they are wrong and apologizes for it... very rare these days which it should not be....

Marco Renda

Apologies are nice and all, but talk is cheap.

How do you un-do all of the damage that you have done to Sam's reputation? You simply can't... this is why the article should have never been printed in the first place.... you need to check your 'facts' before you publish... it's the responsibility of the press... you know.... it goes along with freedom of the press?

You have not only damaged Sam's reputation, but have also sullied your own name and the name of your magazine in the process.

I suggest you put some force behind your words, and make a donation to a charity of Sam's choosing, in Sam's name equal to the proceeds you gained from publishing the smear against his character.

That would speak volumes IMO, and would show you actual feel some remorse for the immeasurable wrong you've committed against Sam's character.

Like I said an appology is a nice start, but it's just that; a start.

-Chimera

Hey Chimera

Do you honestly believe that I made money from publishing that article? The magazine is just starting to break even and it has got nothing to do with Joe Pietri or that article. But I will tell you what I would be willing to make a token donation of $500 to a charity of Sam choosing.

If it was all about the almighty dollar I would have dumped the magazine a long time ago. Do you have any idea what it costs to produce and distribute a bimonthly publication?

Take Care and Peace
Marco

One Love 731

Veteran
Right on Marco, unfortunately It seems I saw the info on youtube before I heard of it in your Mag (Probably put there by Joe Pietri) although putting it in print does suck, lol. We all fall from time to time brother and usually with the help of others. It is big of you to admit your wrong, I hope Sam can move toward excepting. We as a community need to come together and start acting like a civilized bunch. I hope this New Year finds Sam in a place of happiness. Happy New Years everybody, admitting when we are wrong is a step in the right direction and the kind of thing that will finally let the world see this wonderful plant for what it is. Keep on trucking along in 2011 my friends. Peace, pot and karma. One Love:ying:

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
some places calling someone a snitch will get them hurt or even killed.

think about what you say. 'harmless' article? words can have serious ramifications.

thankfully nothings happened to him and all you did was smear his name.

which should get you beaten.

fuck a charity.

sam should get to knock you out with a blunt object of his choice.

funkymonkey

The one thing everyone seems to be overlooking in this is the plain fact that the actual truth has been lost in all the hyperbole. Joe Pietri made a lot of allegations and having talked to him in person, he makes a lot more about other people, he has something bad to say about almost everyone in this business. However, this doesn't mean that there is no basis of fact in all of what Joe alleges.

Hopefully someone will set the record straight in the near future, right now we have a load of bile from Joe's side and very little in response. There are a lot of unanswered things that were brought to attention and should be answered.

One Love 731

Veteran
some places calling someone a snitch will get them hurt or even killed.

think about what you say. 'harmless' article? words can have serious ramifications.

thankfully nothings happened to him and all you did was smear his name.

which should get you beaten.

fuck a charity.

sam should get to knock you out with a blunt object of his choice.

You are right and we can only blame our law's for that. I hope the majority of us here are working toward a better future though were cannabis is legal. If we were to call most business men snitch's they would just laugh it off. If we want to be accepted for our life style we need to stop acting like criminals and show the rest of the world we can be trusted. Rather then donating the mighty dollar bill to one of Sam's charity's I would rather see Marco continue to show MMJ in a positive light. Maybe Sam could write an article about skunk #1 or Original Haze and have it featured along with an apology from Marco. Kind of a lead by example type thing. People it is only coming together and fighting for a better world that will change the situation were in. I think this is big, Marco has really put him self out there by admitting what he did was wrong. I also have nothing but respect for Sam and hope he as at a point in life were revenge is the last thing on his mind. 2011 can be the year were we all become something better. I am in no way defending Marco, just don't want him punished for doing the right thing, admitting he's wrong. Its a great thing to admit your wrong, it's growth, it helps us evolve. Peace, pot and karma. One Love:ying:

Status
Not open for further replies.