What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you drinking?

right

Evening guys. Beautiful weather. We are winding down by the fire

20231008_210822.jpg
20231008_211554.jpg
20231008_211617.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm not sure if I ever finished the game...it's a long one for sure, might have to replay it...

Warhead candy sounds bomb...I prefer beer but a nice sweet one hits the spot every now and then.
not to mention its got like 20 different endings.
i dont usually drink them but ill slip one in between when im drinking beer.the key to getting fucked up is drinking 2 or 3 different drinks at a time

There are a bunch of good IPAs out there...the imperial IPAs, Mind Haze from Elysian, Kulshan has got a nice one -- tastes like unsweetened sprite.

Elysian's juice force is killer though....that one lays me out for hours...tastes like tang, but I can't drink it, too much imo.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Looks like it can handle a few people without issue, good job. :) Wine mixers can handle a lot as well. hehehe

These fellows talk about hitting 20% ABV using turbo yeast and warm temperatures. They also talk about the amount of carbonation in it... lol Wonder what % they'd hit if they degassed along the way. :) I'm also not a fan of warm temps if you're not going to distill it. That headache/hangover/death juice is produced at those higher temps rather often and you seriously do not want to drink it straight.

Looks like it can handle a few people without issue, good job. :) Wine mixers can handle a lot as well. hehehe

These fellows talk about hitting 20% ABV using turbo yeast and warm temperatures. They also talk about the amount of carbonation in it... lol Wonder what % they'd hit if they degassed along the way. :) I'm also not a fan of warm temps if you're not going to distill it. That headache/hangover/death juice is produced at those higher temps rather often and you seriously do not want to drink it straight.
Are you saying you could pull higher abvs if you degass regularly? Am I going to hit 25-30%?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Morning PopRocks! It's a bit of a mess but View attachment 18902174

View attachment 18902175

There is another refrigerator behind the bar for drinks.
whats happening my man!
that is a sweet look set up for sure with wet bar and gas grill, plus the fire pit!
and a concrete pick nick table? wtf man, how did you get that back there?
nice looking dog back there too
i just got back from taking my mom to taco tuesday
she loves fish tacos and its fun to watch her smash a whole huge plate of tacos and other stuff like its nothing
she is this tiny asian lady but can eat
so whats this about you moving to work at a dog/ goat rescue?
that sounds awesome, how many animals does this lady have?
is it far away

right

Hey how are you doing PopRocks?that is nice of you, got to take care of mom. That's cute about your mom and the tacos, I'm having fish burritos I will put up .
I have worked with both dogs and goat in My time . I have worked with pit bulls, and on a so called wolf sanctuary ( mostly huskies and pits a Ridgeback and small percentage of wolf) in the 4 corners area I hearded about 130 sheep and goats in the teec nos pos area.
The lady is a friend and says that she is putting in a bid Thursday. So fingers crossed. We have talked and dreamed about it for some time. She has experience getting it to a sanctuary status.
This is the Salem Oregon area off of the I 5.
If everything works out,I will let you know the details in pm .
Have a good evening
Right.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
right on man! hope things go well
they have a wolf sanctuary here in san diego
https://www.californiawolfcenter.org/wolf-awareness-week
it sux the way the wolf was treated in a lot of wild area and i hope there will always be at least a few wild packs running free someplace in the usa
goats can be moeny$ makers and ive seen where they will bring in heards to graze hillside in the canyons here
the funniest part is im over twice my moms size but she can eat and i just sit back and nibble

catch you on the flip side brother

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Stirring your ferment and rousing the lees as you oxygenate and step feed nitrogen (usually via DAP aka yeast nutrient) is key in achieving maximum alcohol potential.

So is step feeding the fermentables... you don't want to stress your yeast if you don't have to... add more fermentables later after you build a healthy cell count if you can.

I've pushed White Labs Super High Gravity strain past thirty percent by stirring and step feeding. It was a raisin/barley/oats base that I step fed Belgian candi syrup to over a few (maybe a week) days incrementally.

We assayed the yield by volume, including the methanol (foreshots) for science's sake.

Douglas is correct about co2 and alcohol being poisonous to yeast.

Stirring does take care of the co2... but the fresh oxygen coupled with the nitrogen from the nutrient helps the yeast bud healthy daughter cells with a very pliable glucoside coat, and will be even more beneficial in a complete metabolic conversion of available fermentables.

Oxygen isn't a bad thing until after primary fermentation has ceased.

Stirring at that early point is about gassing as much as degassing until you're beyond primary.

Latest posts

Latest posts