What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Well old stoners, how long have you been smoking and what got you started?

Cappy

When I read this I was thinking how fast time really goes...I’m 61 now and still smoking as much as I can :biglaugh: it’s legal now and times have changed a bit in the last few years. We have made a lot of lifetime friends on this site, it’s been fun!!

The Bay Area will always be home for me, even tho I'll never be able to afford to live there again. I am sad about that.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Smoking weed was sooooo much fun when I was a kid. That is, until I had the worst anxiety and paranoia attack you can imaging. It was bad enough to swear me off it for 40 years.

I can smoke now, but I'm the ultimate one hitter quitter. And that can give me a great buzz. I'm as reliable a THC content tester as any lab. lol. Now if I'm at a live concert, I can pull out my pipe and smoke hash all night long and feel great. Maybe it's the hash vs weed. I don't know.

So I'm a hash guy for sure. The majority of friends my age are hash guys as well. The women are definitely weed smokers.

Getting paranoid on flower but not hash seems strange, maybe some dampening effect of the green or a combustion products? So much about the plant and out interaction that we don't understand.

EastFortRock

Getting paranoid on flower but not hash seems strange, maybe some dampening effect of the green or a combustion products? So much about the plant and out interaction that we don't understand.

I know people that said flower gets them paranoid and hash doesn’t. Back in the 70’s I thought that hash was more of a body buzz and flowers were more mental. They came from 2 different import regions.

redlaser

Veteran
First smoked in ‘79, friend picked me up in a boat, crossed the lake to a dealers house who was apparently out of weed. About 9 people smoked a pin joint.
Don’t remember a buzz, but remember eating peanut butter to hide the smell from parents

Havent posted in years. Started smoking Hash in Germany 1969. Was in the Army. Im now gonna be 73 and still a daily toker...lol

I used to know a guy(American) that was stationed in Germany early seventies. His mind not normal, super paranoid, hearing voices. He said it was from hash his bunk mates lased him with. I think they got him lsd, it would have taken a pound of hash to waste a brain like that.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Smoking weed was sooooo much fun when I was a kid. That is, until I had the worst anxiety and paranoia attack you can image. It was bad enough to swear me off it for 40 years

Getting paranoid on flower but not hash seems strange

I know people that said flower gets them paranoid and hash doesn’t. Back in the 70’s I thought that hash was more of a body buzz and flowers were more mental. They came from 2 different import regions.

I will weigh in on this as well. I agree that weed could be very paranoiac in the ‘70s. I think it was the pure Sativa strains that were being smuggled in. Personally, I preferred hash. The arrival of Skunk and what was called ‘hydro’ in the ‘80s changed it.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The average confiscated hash did not test above 3.5% THC until the first time I had/bought some, 1983. It had more CBD than THC before.

Mary57

I've been smoking since I was fourteen and it was one of the best decisions I ever made---no regrets, no bad effects, no jail time ever, never smoked up more money than I could afford.

That's why I couldn't really handle the unspoken norm on Reddit that underage recreational is always to be universally discouraged.

I'm open to new information, but only if the younger person is too. I don't tolerate chronological snobbery in myself or others.

Not that I don'tever bitch and moan and swap old war stories under the right circumstances or use the term "doogie howser" in a derogatory sense, lol.

/ dork

On a hot Midwest summer day in 1974 a group of us were swimming at a local lake, drinking PBR and barbecuing. A girl I was hot for asked if anyone wanted to join her in her car for a smoke. It was my first time and I would have tried anything to sit by her. Six of us crammed into her mom’s impala and she pulled out a larger joint of Michoacán she had copped from her older brother. I had no idea what that was, and thought it was an African strain? I can still remember sitting next to her in her shorttt cutoff jeans and smelling her musk oil mixing with the exotic smelling weed. We all took off like rocket ships and ended up back in the lake sans clothes. 47 years later now and we have been married for 43 years and wish we could find that strain again.

Blue Rhino

Been smoking for 35+ years. It's been so long and so much smoke I don't remember what got me into it in the first place. :LOL:

Been smoking since 1986, I am 49, that 35yrs I have been smoking. I will never forget my first time, it was in the woods and my friend and I met up with his brothers, they had a pop can they made into a bowl, they asked us if we wanted some, of course we said yes and started toking, I have been hooked ever since.

goingrey

Been smoking since 1986, I am 49, that 35yrs I have been smoking. I will never forget my first time, it was in the woods and my friend and I met up with his brothers, they had a pop can they made into a bowl, they asked us if we wanted some, of course we said yes and started toking, I have been hooked ever since.
Brother it's 2023, 37 years.

driver77

Started smoking in 74 at the tender age of 14....first few times I never felt anything. Back then it was mostly some pretty ragged mexican bale weed and was just learning to inhale. Then a buddy took me out at lunch and smoked some hash with me, I got high, really high! Which began my quest to always have the best weed, which required growing it. I grew up in small town Ohio so growing was the only way to ensure consistent good quality, and to this day I'm still crawling happily down that rabbit hole :cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts