What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stinkiest Strain during grow/ In bag.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello all, I'm looking for the absolute foulest stench available. Not in a clone only but something that can be purchased through a breeder. No initials of strains please example(ECSD). I've heard it stinks but have no idea what it is. I grow in a greenhouse and am 30 miles from civilization. I want to grow something that can knock a buzzard off a shit wagon. Peace :tiphat:

St. Phatty

Absolute stinkiest I ever smelled was an Indica with classic Afghani characteristics, in a collection of seeds from Mendo.

These days, Chem Dog is known for having a good stink.

St. Phatty

I was wondering, how do you get a strain skunkier than Skunk #1 ?

Seems like, cross it with Afghani (or maybe Chem).

In the 'old days' of the original Seedbank, Super Skunk was defined as Skunk x Afghani.

I grew one decent version of SuperSkunk, very resiny but not super skunky that time around in rockwool.

I have talked with growers at the garden supply store buying massive quantities of Agricultural sulfur, e.g. Calcium Sulfate. One of them was using it in quantities that you would normally use a "primary" ingredient, like NPK.

Always wondered if that extra sulfur he was making work, was to help grow a healthy & stinky strain that he had.

Thesearch

I was wondering, how do you get a strain skunkier than Skunk #1 ?

Seems like, cross it with Afghani (or maybe Chem).

In the 'old days' of the original Seedbank, Super Skunk was defined as Skunk x Afghani.

I grew one decent version of SuperSkunk, very resiny but not super skunky that time around in rockwool.

I have talked with growers at the garden supply store buying massive quantities of Agricultural sulfur, e.g. Calcium Sulfate. One of them was using it in quantities that you would normally use a "primary" ingredient, like NPK.

Always wondered if that extra sulfur he was making work, was to help grow a healthy & stinky strain that he had.

Unfortunately for some of us, Sam (the skunkman) did a lot of work breeding out the skunky smell from skunk #1. I am also on a hunt for the stinkiest strains available in seed form in 2020. I will compile a list for potentials.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Green Poison and Sweet Cheese from Sweet Seeds are super super super intense and skunky, both have skunk genetics in them. Green Poison is a mixture of a few different skunks, finishes in 7 weeks. Sweet Cheese, I got 4 different phenos but one smells like roadkill, but when touched, smells fruity and sweet.

As far as what was the stinkiest strain I've ever had, it was G13, but I'm not sure if it came from a seed, or from a clone. It was grown in Bloomington, Indiana though, circa 2007. It was pure skunk, super intense, huge buds with large calyxs, lots of trichs, but the taste was flavorless. Or, at best earthy, and the "high" was non existant. It was knock out weed, not couch lock, or any of that, but straight knock out. You'd smoke it, and just feel like taking a nap, no matter how energized you were previously. Wasn't my cup of tea at all, but it sure was potent and smelly.

Moby Dick from Dinafem is very skunky both in veg and in flower, and dried.

Peace and Love,
Tetra
:rasta:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Something chem based... csg have some stinkin’ crosses, especially the chem/cheese ones.
Hgf cheese stinks like mad too

MindEater

Unfortunately for some of us, Sam (the skunkman) did a lot of work breeding out the skunky smell from skunk #1. I am also on a hunt for the stinkiest strains available in seed form in 2020. I will compile a list for potentials.

Blasphemy! You should be greatly thankful for Lord Skunkman. He tested terpenes individually and decided skunk was a worthless terpene... Grow up already!

hayday

Veteran
General Hydroponics make an additive, Florolicious Plus. Add a dose late veg and one more early flower during stretch and most strains I grow get really strong smelling.

Gorilla glue hybrids might be the strongest stench I have grown but the one I have is not available anymore.

Sunshineinabag

I grew a NYCD from NYC ironicly in 2008 that when my gf took it on the ccta bus line everyone was staring at her........after 10 minutes someone says whoever got that dank ass weed better break bread ......even the bus driver was smiling!

FJ2000

General Hydroponics make an additive, Florolicious Plus. Add a dose late veg and one more early flower during stretch and most strains I grow get really strong smelling.

Original Glue hybrids might be the strongest stench I have grown but the one I have is not available anymore.

I have a glue cross called Show and Tell in veg (6th week) and they are starting to smell nasty, can’t imagine what it’s gonna be like next month.
Have to read more on the florolicious, I’ve wanted to try that stuff with H3AD’s formula.

I grow Seedsman Reg SK#1 which is supposed to be SamSK stuff and while very aromatic (my wife can tell from the 2nd floor when i’m messing with the plants in the basement) it’s a strong sweet smell not a “road kill skunk” smell.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
ECSD stands for East Coast Sour Diesel. Though I'm sure they exist, I personally have never come across a stinkier strain. I had 4 plants, less than 4 feet tall, in a closet under a 400w hps and zero odor control.

Over 100 yards away, at a local business, it smelled like a HUGE field of cannabis was around the corner. You turn the corner and... nothing but empty lot, with a small house over a football field away. lol

Unbeknownst to me I had 'goofed' when setting up the ventilation. lol Any time the furnace heater kicked on, it would shove the smell into the crawlspace and up through the duplex next door. lol

The family living in the next unit was cannabis ignorant, and they kept complaining of some weird smell. Heck, if they'd said they smell strong cannabis off and on, I would have instantly clued into the ventilation issue. lol Nope, they ended up moving about a month after the ECSD started flowering.

Had a kid move in right after them, and he lasted a whole 3 days. lol He's the one who let us know I'd mucked it up proper. lol He knew what cannabis smelled like, but didn't use it personally due to job restrictions. He says he reeked so bad at work the last 2 days he had to move. All his crew workers were giving him shit all day, and his supervisors were not happy. Great guy, laughed the whole thing off, great attitude. :)

So yeah, a proper representation of ECSD will definitely be 'stinky.' lol :D

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Queen's Candy. The terp's smell went through 3 layers of vacpak. Squishes out a gooey solvent like stuff that won't harden in the freezer. I am sailing on it right now.

Edit: the genetics supposedly came from here: https://www.emeraldmountainlegacy.com/

That stuff had what I think is called "gas'.

Last edited:

Thesearch

ECSD stands for East Coast Sour Diesel. Though I'm sure they exist, I personally have never come across a stinkier strain. I had 4 plants, less than 4 feet tall, in a closet under a 400w hps and zero odor control.

Over 100 yards away, at a local business, it smelled like a HUGE field of cannabis was around the corner. You turn the corner and... nothing but empty lot, with a small house over a football field away. lol

Unbeknownst to me I had 'goofed' when setting up the ventilation. lol Any time the furnace heater kicked on, it would shove the smell into the crawlspace and up through the duplex next door. lol

The family living in the next unit was cannabis ignorant, and they kept complaining of some weird smell. Heck, if they'd said they smell strong cannabis off and on, I would have instantly clued into the ventilation issue. lol Nope, they ended up moving about a month after the ECSD started flowering.

Had a kid move in right after them, and he lasted a whole 3 days. lol He's the one who let us know I'd mucked it up proper. lol He knew what cannabis smelled like, but didn't use it personally due to job restrictions. He says he reeked so bad at work the last 2 days he had to move. All his crew workers were giving him shit all day, and his supervisors were not happy. Great guy, laughed the whole thing off, great attitude. :)

So yeah, a proper representation of ECSD will definitely be 'stinky.' lol :D

Hahahahahhahahahahaha :laughing:
I thoroughly enjoyed that story. Thank you for sharing.

Queen's Candy. The terp's smell went through 3 layers of vacpak. Squishes out a gooey solvent like stuff that won't harden in the freezer. I am sailing on it right now.

Candy Queen or Queen's candy? I cant seem to find any info on it. Its available in seeds?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
May be Candy Queen. I can't find either on Leafly anymore, and when I did see it back when it showed up, they had no info. Almost out of it, and don't want anymore for the risk.

Pack was all glued together inside, like Strawberry Bannana does.

Nannymouse

So many. Hmmm. Had a Sensi Star that was nasty! Also, Clips' f2's and f3's of StoneyBaloney X G13, where he used a rank f1 gal as the base of those.

Thesearch

Blasphemy! You should be greatly thankful for Lord Skunkman. He tested terpenes individually and decided skunk was a worthless terpene... Grow up already!

Hey, I get what you're trying to say but there is no "skunk" terpene. If you can figure out what compound or compounds specifically cause the skunky smell I would be very thankful. Best guess I have got is that it at least involves some sort of thiol.

As for the STINKIEST strains I could suggest;

~pink kush (pink painkiller from medman, u-pink from dr. Underground, pink kush from Scott family farms [reeferman, original breeder])
~original sour Diesel (Cali connection)
~818 headband (Cali connection)
~Irene x ____ (couple available from obsol33t)
~chem/chemdog/chemdawg/Chem D x ____ (way too many to name)

I could go on but that's probably a good list for now.
I don't think these were what you were looking for but also cheese, romulan Jake's romulan, and 707 truthband are all very loud as well, but not the straight fuel/skunk/kush per se

Last edited: