What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Only Socal strains? Need Norcal input

420benny

I need a little input from Northern Californian med users

Is it true that Snowcap, Afgooey, Mothership and Honeydew are strains only found in Southern Cal and not in Northern Cal?

Are Snowcap, afgooey, Mothership and Honeydew strains that Northern California med patients would NEVER run across? Or are they common strains in Northern Californian compasssion clubs?

The reason I ask is that there is a discussion involving those 4 strains. One guy from Northern California says that those 4 strains are made-up and thats why you only see them in Southern California. Another guys says the opposite and says that those are 4 strains are common and are found both in Northern Cali and Southern Cali compassion clubs?

Any comments?

G

ive had tons of afghan goo up in norcal, and ive seen it being sold in the clubs around here as well.

leroymmj

An old school strain from the Humboldt area called Snow or Humboldt Snow was crossed with a pure haze and the result is Snow Cap or Snocap. An elite clone known as the Fort Bragg Snocap is floating around.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
honeydew is goin round socal right now, pretty dank shit. im sure its up in norcal as well. but there is some only southern cali local strains.

meduser180056

Honeydew is an area in Southern Humbolt county along the coast. It's main town is Petrolia. It's the main town, but there is not electricity and basically only a general store. People run their homes off generators and alt. energy.

The rest of Honeydew is even more remote. Lots of hippies headed up that way after the 60's so it's got some great strains that have been developed for a long time.

Reeferman sells Petrolia headstash.... Basically a local Honeydew strain that is tried and true.

If there is a strain called Honeydew then it came from Honeydew, Humboldt which is Norcal for sure!

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
bluedot is a cali (cut only) (skunk#1 X WW) (NL#5 X CBB) very dank strain.. the dots arent fuckin round :D hasnt been round lately though.. but i lucked out on some ;) Dime

wick650

I got Honey Dew three years a go (also known as Monkey's paw) from the mendocino outdoor harvest, afgooey in the bay area. There are two strains called "sno cap" both of them come from Nor Cal... one was spawned from a Fort Bragg patients group (the one that smells similar to SSH or trainwreck) and the other sno cap is an old school humboldt indica strain AKA "Humboldt Snow". Mothership I think is from the east coast, but I am no expert on that one.

leroymmj

That's good info on the Snocap Wick650, do you know anymore about the strain? I got a clone of it from a trusted friend and am soon to be flowering it out.

Baba Kush

Snocap and Humboldt Snow bear very little resemblence to one another, in my opinion. i'd question the relation, but so many people seem to be making the link between the two.

Snocap is very Widow-ish, leaning a touch more toward the sativa side of hybrids; the Humboldt is a somewhat non-descript indica leaning towards perhaps the 'ghani family.

whomever said that the colorado Snocap came from a Greenhouse mixed bag of seeds sounds like they're close to the mark... the White Widow similarities to the smoke are undeniable.

just my two centavos.

leroymmj

Yeah, I'm just curious about the lineage and trying to sort thru the myths. I'll guess I'll just grow it and she how she turns out.

wick650

Baba Kush- I never said humboldt snow and the fort bragg sno cap were related. What I was saying was they are often mixed up b/c H.S also goes by snocap in many circles.

Leroymmj
The story is that the Fort Bragg Sno Cap came from a pack of an Amsterdam breeder's mixed variety seed packs (I suspect Greenhouse seeds, as S.C carries a super silver haze esque scent). She has a sativa high, but grows dense huge nugs. Grows extremely fast, can get super stretchy so watch out.

leroymmj

Thanks guys. I did a search a week or so ago on info and came up with differing reports. Much like any other strain a person sometimes needs to grow it out themselves to see what they got. That's what I'll do and post some pics when done.

leroymmj

Here's info on that particular clone I got from the Rev. M.R.

Snow Cap clone since 10-04
pungent piney like walking in a wet forest with a sharp intense head high with good body effects about a 60 to 70 day flower

wick650

I dont know if i'd describe it as piney, but it has hints of pine. It does go 60-70 days, with a mostly sativa high.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
leroymmj said:
An old school strain from the Humboldt area called Snow or Humboldt Snow was crossed with a pure haze and the result is Snow Cap or Snocap. An elite clone known as the Fort Bragg Snocap is floating around.

I picked up some Snocap/snowcap in Fort Bragg last year. It was good but not fantastic.

Mendocino

snocap is from teh Mitchell creek road ,healing alternative in mendocino,check on google by typing david moore healing alternative...it was created by ken and his wife in 2001-2002 with other strain,yes it is from Northern ca.not from san diego for sure!

Latest posts

Latest posts