What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

am i deranged, or ?

shithawk420

Veteran
hang-gliding looks cool. buddy bought one after his wife asked him to sell his motorcycle because it was not safe. first flight, he clipped a tree trying to land & crashed in a pickup trucks bed. broke 1 arm & 3 or 4 ribs, lol. i'd like to parachute just once, & solo. don't want to ride into the ground with an instructor strapped to my back screaming for help ...:biggrin:

May I ask why it wasn't safe? Did he not know how to ride or was it a really fast bike? Kinda curious cause I might be trying to get a cheap bike in spring and only know how to ride automatics ATVs

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I saw that in the local paper but they never said why/what he did, just who.

Black was a manager in the gun department of a hunting store in Union City called Final Flight Outfitters, the store said in a statement Monday on Facebook. :whistling:

“What has taken place today is hard to process,” the statement reads. “No duck is worth the life of a man..." :D

armedoldhippy

Veteran
May I ask why it wasn't safe? Did he not know how to ride or was it a really fast bike? Kinda curious cause I might be trying to get a cheap bike in spring and only know how to ride automatics ATVs

motorcycles themselves are actually very safe. most of the time (depending on how quick your right wrist is) it is an inattentive car driver that is not safe/causes a wreck. they had a few close calls before selling his Harley.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
motorcycles themselves are actually very safe. most of the time (depending on how quick your right wrist is) it is an inattentive car driver that is not safe/causes a wreck. they had a few close calls before selling his Harley.

Beats stamp collecting, I suppose, or other "safe" hobby. Being mindful/careful on cycle or air apparatus, it's a sheer thrill I'm sure.

Only when your 12 cent mis-printed stamp is worth $5k do you consider it thrilling! ;o)

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Beats stamp collecting, I suppose, or other "safe" hobby. Being mindful/careful on cycle or air apparatus, it's a sheer thrill I'm sure.

Only when your 12 cent mis-printed stamp is worth $5k do you consider it thrilling! ;o)

My old motorcycle was thrilling...
Taking a few concert posters off the wall the next day wasn't much of a rush..

That is until 9 years ago when a guy offered me $5000 for a Zeppelin poster I took off a store window in 1971, the day after the concert...

PS..... I don't own that really cool looking poster anymore....

Brother Nature

Best advise I heard when I got my fist bike was "You'll know it's for you when you have you're first accident and you still want to ride." 12 years and a titanium rod in my left tibia later I'm still riding. :D

Sunshineinabag

That and have you ever noticed to propensity of folks in big rigs who gotta play grab ass with motorcyclists? Its getting to the point where certain roads should be to here for cycles only and some for vehicles only. Too much carnage!
https://www.wcax.com/2020/12/01/ntsb-pickup-drivers-drug-use-critical-in-deaths-of-7-bikers/#:~:text=BURLINGTON%2C%20Vt.,New%20Hampshire%2C%20in%20June%202019.

shithawk420

Veteran
I got a Yamaha Z125 I'm probably gonna get going.gotta new coil and battery but it's still a "scooter" I wanna ride a real bike.thining about a Chinese enduro. Am I stupid for thinking that? Is it gonna break on me? I'm also 5'6 so I'm pretty limited

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Best advise I heard when I got my fist bike was "You'll know it's for you when you have you're first accident and you still want to ride." 12 years and a titanium rod in my left tibia later I'm still riding. :D

stats say that if you survive your FIRST motorcycle wreck, odds of dying in another one go down. probably not true for the imbeciles i see here splitting lanes between lines of traffic running 140 mph plus...thinning the herd, i say.:tiphat:

Sunshineinabag

Caught somebody in the back trying to steal

Ut uhhhhhh

Attachments

• image-2021-01-16-16-17-44.jpg
    image-2021-01-16-16-17-44.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 62

Sunshineinabag

I got a Yamaha Z125 I'm probably gonna get going.gotta new coil and battery but it's still a "scooter" I wanna ride a real bike.thining about a Chinese enduro. Am I stupid for thinking that? Is it gonna break on me? I'm also 5'6 so I'm pretty limited

Maybe test drive an affordable buehl I think they are spelled...great bikes

Brother Nature

stats say that if you survive your FIRST motorcycle wreck, odds of dying in another one go down. probably not true for the imbeciles i see here splitting lanes between lines of traffic running 140 mph plus...thinning the herd, i say.:tiphat:

Usually on a Ducati, wearing short sleeves, shorts, and sandals. ;) It not only made me a more aware and preemptive rider, it made me more aware when driving cars too. Tend to stay away from cities and busy roads over the holidays now.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
had 3 eat Buicks here in the last week. all of them running about double (or more) the speed limit. yeah, someone pulled out in front of them, but...you have NO chance of stopping/dodging running over 100. no one expects you to be going that fast when they pull out, you might not even have been in view yet. thinning the herd of mental incompetents. i am sorry for their families, and the folks they hit as well.