What's new

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I like thanksgiving for the food and that gluttony is even encouraged that day, but the actual food is just kind of ok to me. I mean, turkey with all the trimmings is pretty fire don’t get me wrong but sometimes the glutton in me wants to go out and indulge in junk food/fast food all day just to mix it up, haha. Too bad almost ever restaurant is closed that day.
And ur right, usually you get a 4 day weekend for thanksgiving since it falls on a Thursday, and sometimes 4 for Christmas if it falls on a Thursday or Tuesday, and then you got new years like a week after Christmas, so all in all you got a bunch of holidays in like a 5-6 week window.
Yeah I guess as a chargers fan you saw a lot of derrick Thomas, I never saw him much but he was the best pass rusher of his day, I think his peers were guys like kevin greene and Charles haley? I remember deion sanders mostly from that time, for his flash and style.

Browns were 11-5 last year with a win over the steelers in the playoffs so theyre good and getting better every year, so far. Baker though is up for a new contract, they’re still a run first offense with Chunt (nick chubb and kareem hunt, or I like to call them chubby khunt) which he seems satisfied with as long as theyre winning, but maybe he’ll want to put up big stats if he wants a big money deal. We’ll see, it’s his 4[SUP]th[/SUP] yr, they picked up his 5[SUP]th[/SUP] year option and can franchise him for a 6[SUP]th[/SUP] yr so if he wants 43M/yr like josh allen got, the browns can hold onto him for 2 more years without extending him but that extension gets more expensive every year if his play keeps getting better, just like Dak.

I think Brady, Stafford and kyler murray are like top 3 in MVP odds now, so this rams-cards matchup is another clash between the best qb’s in the league. I knew Stafford with good coaching and lots of quality players around him would do well but this would be the best case scenario I could envision. Hopefully he can keep it up, injuries will be a factor, they’ve already lost Darrell Henderson for a bit but sony michel ground out some tough yards vs the bucs to kill clock in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] half so they haven’t missed a beat yet.

Im not sure ive seen good candy sales post Halloween lately. 2-3 yrs ago I did score some good prices on Reese’s peanut cups after Halloween at a hardware store but lately most places have candy sales before Halloween and the prices aren’t that much lower if any after the holiday.

Ive never seen a year round haunted house, but it makes sense I guess, some people just like horror stuff (movies, etc). I had a phase where I liked going to haunted houses, but theyre kind of expensive nowadays and it’s mostly just cheap scares: dark lighting and things jumping out at you. Once when I was on vacation I went to a haunted house near charlotte north Carolina, it was $10 (this was like 2007 or so?) and the actors were so good. There was one girl who dressed and looked just like the girl from The Ring and another who was dressed like Gollum, he didn’t look as much like Gollum but the voice sounded exactly the same.

Jimmy johns is good, bread is fresh and chewy and the cold cuts and veggies are fresh and crisp, their claim to fame is their ‘freaky fast’ delivery, like they can get sandwiches out to you within 15mins if youre within a mile or two of a store. It’s cause it takes them less than a minute to make a sandwich, they don’t have 20 different toppings like subway, it’s ‘cut open roll, spread mayo or mustard, slap meat and veggies on it, wrap it up, done’. But yeah, youre not missing anything if you’ve never had it, especially if you’ve got good mom and pop sandwich places like the one you went to last week.
Haha, if your sis does the philly taco at domino’s, make sure she gets the 2 topping medium pizza on hand-tossed crust (their original crust), extra cheese (but not double, that counts as 2 toppings) and philly steak (50 cent upcharge), extra pizza sauce (free) and No Cut (otherwise the slices are too small to wrap around the philly steak sandwich, you have to cut them to size yourself). Like I said, it worked better than it should, and even my woman liked it and usually she doesn’t like too much bread.

Tomorrow we have bengals vs the jaguars, trevor Lawrence has been turning the ball over a ton but he’s also thrown for some td’s too. It’s been a rough rookie year so far but no worse than peyton manning’s when he was a rook, he had 28 int’s which is still a rookie record. It likely wont be a good game, not like rams-cards or pats-bucs, but it’s football so not all bad.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
great sandwiches all start with good bread and fixings so maybe jimmy.js isnt that bad
but like you said, we have a lot to choose from so im just going to enjoy every sandwich
i dident know they were known for fast delivery, but i dont get delivery that often
im kind of a food planner, where before i get drunk i plan out what im going to eat and if i have to go out and get it i try and do that beofre i start drinking
the mrs is sober so she can always drive but i like having stuff on hand so when the cravings hit im all set
i think baker is the face of cle and they are goign to have to make him a new deal at some point
you are totally right about them being able to tag him and keep him on if they dont want to extend a real offer, but thats just messing with him and the teams hemistry
im looking forward to watching football tonight, but you are right about the match up
kind of watered down compared to some of the action we have been seeing, but who knows how this game will play out
i will have to dog up some more data but i was reading this thing about all the qbs drafted in the first round for the [past several years (10+?) and how most are not on the same team or not starters
for every superstar you are going to have a bunch of fails, plus a couple mid level guys thrown in
im not writting off the kid in jax, but we will see how he developes/and just as important, how the jag improve as a team
im not into haunted houses either, unless they are really places that are supposed to be haunted
/ you usually dont have to pay admission to get to these places
i used to be interested in stuff like that and me and the mrs have had some fun adventures
scare houses arent that much fun like you said, dark blind corners and people just jumping out at you, not my idea of a good time
/plus i have this weird twitch reflex and throws my right hand out at times, close to chin level
but i enjoy the idea of halloween and all the spooky stuff that goes anlong with it
/did i mention i dont believe in ghosts?
the cards are hot hothot right now and i cant wait to see thi match up
k.murray is a much ebtter qb than i gave him credit for and plays an entertaining game; rams have one of the meanest front lines you cvan have on defense
sounds like my kind of fun!
tb v ne looks good on paper but i think tb is goign to run away with this one
raiders v chargers is my other must see game this week
so the mrs wanted to make me country fried steaks lasty night but i thoguth that would be too much effort on a weeke night after she gets off work, but i might try cashing in on that this weekend!
we did have a nice time and she even rubbed some type hippy oil into my jacked up shoulder
cant wait for tongihts game and even more excctied for the weekend
enjoy the last few days of nice weather while you can brother, its starting to feel like fall

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Jimmy john’s is pretty good, and even without delivery it’s pretty fast, they don’t have drive thru but you go in, order and can get your food in literally a minute if there’s no line. Even with a few people ahead of you, you can be in and out in 5 mins. I usually get the gargantuan, which is $10 for an 8inch sandwich (which are usually $6-7) but it contains all their meats so it’s definitely a meat monster, but it gets salty after a while. All those cured meats with salt and nitrates gets a bit much, but I can usually toss the extra meat to the dog.
That’s a good idea to plan ahead, get your grub, settle in and then start imbibing. Definitely don’t want to have to go out and get food while tipsy. I had a friend who got a DUI, it was expensive and a pain in the rear, had one of those BAC lockout devices he’d have to blow into before starting his car.

The thing with baker that keeps his numbers low is they have the best run game in the league outside of Baltimore, so he might never throw for 30td’s while waiting for a new deal. But he keeps turnovers low usually (except his 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] year) and is overall pretty accurate and clutch (although I think he had a bad int at the end of the KC loss in week 1) and considering Cleveland’s history with QBs (almost as bad as the bears) they’ll probably pay him close to 40M/yr eventually. But he’s not clamoring for a new deal and both sides are content to just try to win games, make a playoff run, etc. If they keep winning he’ll get his eventually.

That was actually a pretty decent game last night, burrow and the bengals had to come from behind and won on a last second FG. Trevor Lawrence actually looked pretty decent, no turnovers finally and had a couple ace throws, including a 50yd bomb running to his right that he just flicked out there. If the jags can get a good team around him, especially on defense, he’s definitely good enough to lead them to a superbowl. That’s a lot of if’s though.
Yeah, wentz goff Jameis were all top draft picks on new teams now, josh rosen is a backup (on the falcons now), darnold got traded, trubisky is a backup on the bills, deshaun Watson is going to be traded, etc etc. That’s the good and bad thing about being a highly drafted QB, if you don’t work out quick (3-4yrs) the team is going to move on, but usually you can find a backup job pretty easily on another team. They say chase Daniel (a career backup QB) has the sweetest gig in the nfl, barely plays but has made like 40M in his career. He’s backing up Herbert right now on the chargers for 1M this year and is 35yrs old, so maybe his prime of getting 4M/yr as a backup are over but still, I think he made like 100k for every pass he threw in the nfl.

Yeah, after bears-lions at noon the rams-cards game is in the afternoon, the brady-belichick clash is on SNF and chargers-raiders on MNF. So all in all a good spread of games. We’ll see what happens, if the rams beat the cards they’ll definitely be the top team in the nfl but it’s still only the first month of the season. It's always nice to build a cushion in the divisional lead early but better to have a long winning streak at the end of the season and into the playoffs.

Where's Hawk? I wonder what he thinks about the bears? Not too happy i guess but if fields gets another start he should do a lot better certainly cant get any worse...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i was impressed with t.law last night; he throws a clean ball and it has some zip on it
that play you mentioned was great and he seems to be able to make all the thrwos
the problem as i saw it was his receivers kept dropping balls, some were tougher catches than others but when you can hit a guy in the hands he should some down with the ball
burrows played well and i thijnk it was a low turn over game
im going to see about the jimmy.j around here but i dont think there is one close by
the extra meat sub sounds awesome and i would be seriously eye balling that
ive never had a dui but i know a bunch of people who do
like you said, not too much fun; i also know people who were killed by drunk drivers
yeah man, what happen to the hawk?
i hope he is enjoying his life the best he can and gets back to us one of these days
and what about storm shadow and those other guys like go.joe
today is the first day of october so of course its 80* here in san diego
what do you ahve panned ofr this weeknd?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
There’s quite a few JJ’s locations in cali but not anywhere near san diego unfortunately. If you ever get up to LA or palm springs you’ll find some locations.
You have some Which Wich locations out in SD though, I’ve heard of that place, have you ever tried them? They have $5 sandwichs on Wednesdays which seems like a good deal, especially for socal.
I don’t have too much planned, watch a bunch of football (there’s some college games between top 15 teams on Saturday, notre dame vs Cincinnati, alabama vs ole miss, Georgia vs Arkansas), try not to drink too much lol. My bottle of everclear ran out so im trying to give my liver a break lol. I was sneaking shots of it in my beer so the woman wouldn’t suspect but I think she wised up eventually haha. Ah well, if I get high enough during a game that’s fun too right? But high and drunk is better haha.

Im sure Hawk will pop in when he's able to. He's a survivor, although maybe last post he said some dudes were after him? I'm sure he's just laying low however, maybe he's hiding in the woods till the heat dies down.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ive never had a which wich but there is one close to my moms house
its been there while but i never thought of stopping in ; but now that oyu mention it, plus a $5 deal on wed i will definitely try it out
they seem like one of those fancier type sasndwiches but if oyu can score one for $5 that would be a huge deal
/the kind where you buy three sandwiches for two people just to try them all at a good price
there used to be this deli close to where i used to work that would blwo out simple sandwiches at the end of the day, a nice roll with different meats and a slice of cheese (nothing too fancy)
but they would sell them for like $3 and i would get a few just to snack on if nothing else
if i do end up stopping by i will be sute to post up what i think brother
last night we went out for keebabs and falalfel
the mrs dosnet eat a whole lot of meat now but a salad and fries with some good falalfel is grinding
the heat is back on this weeken and it could reach the high 80 today again; nice in the day but it gets cold at night
i am goign to tune in some of the college action today but im heading out to viisit with some friends later tonight
i plan on being home tomorrow in time for the rams late game and then snf
watched some of the wrasslin last night, the mrs wanst too interested in it but then i told her how it was like a soap opera for guys like you once said
she suddenly started having fun and just enjoying the show
/edge is back and while he looks old still kicks ass
good to see you back disko and i hope you are doing well
im sure hawk is holding his own and he is doing fine, maybe just a little pissed about teh bears
that sucks about running out of ever clear but thats why money is good, it can be exchanged for goods and services
hope you have a great weekend and i cant wait for the action to start

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey Disko, good to hear youre still around. Hope things are looking better for you. I don’t watch too much of the Miked Up segments but theyre fun, you get to hear what players are saying during games and on the sidelines. There’s some cursing (which gets bleeped out) but not as much as I thought there’d be.

I think we have a couple Which wich’s around IL, none too close to me so not sure I will ever go but it’s a chain Ive heard good things of; i agree with you, it’s no doubt decent but nothing worth going out of your way for but a $5 deal would be nice if youre near one on a Wednesday and are hungry.

I used to live in this town where the local pizza shop would sell half price deep dish slices after 3pm, I think they made a bunch for the lunch rush and would discount the unsold ones cause they’d get hard and cold. Good deal and I would stock up when I had the chance.

I love some good middle eastern food, there’s this small chain in the burbs called Pita Inn that has a M-F lunch special for like $8, they have one with chicken, with all the meats (chicken, gyro, beef), and a veggie one. Falafel is good stuff, got that sharp bite to it with the onions and garlic. I also like the white and red sauces, sometimes that red sauce can be hella spicy. It’s definitely healthier overall to eat more vegetables and fruit than junk food (fried stuff, sweets), good for your weight, heart, digestion, etc. I should probably do that myself, i do eat veggies and fruit but not as much as i could.

Do you ever get 80F days in Nov or even Dec in Socal or is it pretty much 70’s and 60’s? We had a couple 80F days last week around here which was definitely on the warmer side but next week will be high of 70’s, dropping down to the low 60s at night. It could get as low as 40’s in November so ill enjoy the temperate weather while I can.

Ive heard AEW (all elite wrestling) is a big competitor to the WWE nowadays, they’ve signed some ex-WWE stars like CM Punk. I haven’t watched wrestling in years but it is fun when they interact with the crowd, theyre not above making fun of themselves either and when the crowd gets into it you can see why it's still popular.

Bears looked much better vs the lions today, Fields didn’t have great stats but the run game and D was working and he hit some deep passes (5 passes of 20+ yards) which is what this offense has been missing. If they keep winning I cant see Dalton getting his job back. Fields will learn on the job and make his mistakes but both zach Wilson and trevor Lawrence played much better in week 4 than they did weeks 1-3 so I expect fields to follow that trajectory.

Rams surprisingly lost to the rams by 3 scores, just couldn’t get anything going on O or D. I didn’t watch much of the game, just snippets on red zone, but when mcvay went for a FG when they were down 21-10 that look on his face was like ‘not enough’, he knew they needed td’s not fg’s and I don’t think they scored again the rest of the game. It’s surprising cause they were 6-0 against the cardinals under mcvay. In the NFC west it was: rams own cardinals, 49ers own rams, seahawks own 49ers, and cardinals own seahawks (at home at least). Now the cardinals with an improved D (JJ watt is on the team, existing players getting better), kyler murray is an mvp candidate, AJ Green looks pretty good again, other receivers besides Deandre Hopkins are stepping up too; it's strange to think Arizona is a legit super bowl candidate but here we are.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
what a crazy weekend of football and we still have another game of the week tonight with the bolts v the radiers
rams got their ass whooped!and there was nothing they could do about it
mcvey had no answer to k.money and we got beat
they get a short week and play seattle this thurs so we can get back on track with a win
fun game last night in new england; "... it was a dark and stornmy night" but i think mac jones looked great
bears looked good but i think det might be the first 0-17 team by the way they are playing
im sure goof will settle into his new team at some point but they are not off toa good start
jimmy.g looks like he could miss few weeks so we might get to see the future of 49ers football starting soon
/does jimmy.g stock drop bigly with another injury
lots of football fun and more to come!
you know im always hungry baba and i like good sandwiches! so im there this wed
i might have to break the bank and get the mrs some type veggie sandwich but im going to get a couple $5 deals to grind and maybe one to save for the next day
/fat man planning
its going to be in the 80s again today and people are dressing like its summer again
i enjoy our indian summers except for the super low humidity, but i cant wait for fall too
we are planning a camping trip soon (desert or mountains, i dont care) and this weekend there is asweet meteor shower so i woulld not mind heading up to the spot we camped the other time in the wild

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I need Herbert to have a 5td, 400yd passing day in order for me to win one of my matchups. That’s not asking too much, is it? Maybe he could have 4 pass td’s, 1 rush td if 5pass td’s is too unrealistic.

Yeah, the rams D, even though they’re probably the best in the league, didn’t seem to have any answers for arizona’s offense. Zona racked up 250 yds passing and 200 yds rushing, chase Edmonds had 120yds rushing on only 12 carries. Just everything was working for the cards and the rams would normally be able to match them point for point but they had 2 TO’s (zona had none), also missed a FG and had a TO on downs, so even though they had 400yds of offense themselves they were never really in it.
One positive to take away from this is that the Bucs lost both divisional games to the saints last year by scores of 34-23 and 38-3 (!) but came back to beat them in the playoffs 30-20 and of course won the superbowl.
I didn’t know theyre playing the hawks on TNF this week, that should be a pretty good game.

I thought before the bears game the lions were playing hard for an 0-3 team, were down big to the niners in week 1 before scoring a bunch late to make the game somewhat close, lost big to the packers but then were tired with the ravens late in week 3 before losing on a league-record 66yd FG. Im not sure if they’ll win a divisional game but I can see them going 0-17. Then again Ive been wrong before.

Garoppolo is in the last year of guaranteed money this season, unless they want to pay him 25M next year they could cut him and only take a 1.5M cap hit. Trey lance has shown flashes of what he could be although overall he didn’t have a good passing day when he took over after Garoppolo got hurt, but more reps with the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] team should help. Ur right, Im sure jimmy g is going to be looking for a new team next year, given his lukewarm play and propensity to be injured I think he’s looking at strictly backup roles, so hopefully he’s saved his money and hasn’t spent it all on ‘dating’ porn stars.

Let me know how those sammies turn out, if you do end up going. Unfortunately no locations are anywhere close to where I usually frequent otherwise I’d go too but maybe one day…

Stargazing sounds fun to do while camping, I guess that’s one of the benefits is that away from the air and light pollution you can really see a lot more stars than normal. Take a shroom or three, put some music on, watch the stars and meteors in the sky and contemplate existence.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
5td and 400y passing?! sure no problem
why not 6tds just to make his point?
chargers v raiders hsould be a great match up and i hope to see those kind of numbers; both teams have solid qb and are hot hot hot right now
chargers have a great D when they are on and the raiders have d.carr revving it up in the red right now
/witness me d.carr
the top tackler on the raiders is ex charger d.perriman who is a pretty good lb but the chargers have tallent all over the field with two strong wide outs and eckler coming out of the back field
looks like j.jacobs might be injured for tonights game but i still see nv putting up points
rams just got it handed to them yesterday and i hope they can get back on track against sea
i dont expect az to play like that over the course of the season, but if they do watch out
i think jimmy.g is pretty uch back up status like you said; he had flashes of greatness but just cant seem to play a whole season
we might not get to camping after all this weekend; we need to make some more butter and then a bunch of candies for a friend of the mrs
plus we are going to make medicated carmel apple pieces! (i figured the whole apple would be way to much so i decided to cut them into pieces)
those are special, just for me and the mrs but we will throw a few in for friends as a freebie
if we can get out that would be great but we are also planning a proper camping trip coming up this month
/im hoping for a sat-monday thing
cant wait for the action to start and this should be a great game
/btw, have i said f-spanos lately?!?
the neighbors are grilling and you can tell there are fans for both teams still here in san diego
/mostly raiders fans from the cars i saw parked outside
i might have to drop by and burn one down and grab a burger or two
hope you enjoy the game and herbert light it up for you brother!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Haha well I didn’t want to get TOO greedy.
Needing so many pts going into MNF reminds me of that one Eagles game like 10 yrs ago, when andy reid was coach and Michael vick was starting. It was against the giants and he had something like 4 pass td’s and 2 rush td’s, and desean Jackson had a couple long TD receptions and maybe one kick return TD. People who went into that game down like 100pts won their fantasy football matchup because of what those 2 guys did.

I thought Herbert had a chance when he went into halftime with 3 td’s but chargers were content to sit on a 21-0 lead; the raiders scored 14 pts in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] half but ekeler put it away with a TD run. I didn’t end up watching the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] half cause the game started an hour late; how does a dome stadium be affected by possible lightning? I guess the sides of the stadium are still open to let in air but still…
Even though they handled the raiders easily it must be disheartening to spanos (Eff him btw) that the chargers had prepared to go silent count in their own stadium cause they knew more raiders fans than chargers fans would show up, lol.

Ur right, raiders D is quite a bit better than last year, im not hopeful that the bears will be able to run against them like they did against Detroit (bears and raiders play next week).

AZ has themselves a D and an O-line and a good run game (chase Edmonds and james conner make for a nice 1-2 punch) so with kyler and that pass game im not sure they have any weaknesses. I thought going into the season that the NFC-W would be good but that AZ would still be 4[SUP]th[/SUP] but right now theyre looking like the class of the division. Ur right though it’s a long season and no ones wins the superbowl after the first month.
Medicinal caramel on apple slices sounds delish, and very holiday appropriate too. Just don’t accidentally pass them out to any trick or treaters haha. Although their parents might appreciate them.

When you go camping do you bring all your own food and water? Do you bring a lot of preserved food (canned food, freeze dried, etc) or are you able to bring fresh stuff cause it’s only 2-3 days, so long as you keep it in a cooler with ice? Are you able to get water from rivers or you have to bring jugs with you?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we usually bring in all our own water when we go camping ; its safer and tastes a lot better
there are a couple places in the mountains where we go that i would trust the water, but ive poisoned myself before drinking "ditch" water so i tend to stay away
because we are going to be basically car camping out the back of the truck, we just bring in our fresh food and a few gallons of water
/plus i always have a few bottles of water inside the truck
the perishable food bag is pretty small but full of good stuff
ive never told you about our home made mres we make for campoing? dude, you can put food in those quart sized zip lock bags and then boil them later to heat them up or cook whats inside
we usually eat pretty good* and have all kind of good meals and are always trying to think up new ideas; but we also bring simple things like pbj, oatmeal and hard boiled eggs
yeah the apple candies should be pretty good
i havent had trick or treaters in ages, at least not enough to mention but i will be sure to keep all candies safe
herbert looked great last night; at one pint it looked like the raiders were turning things around but just could not sustain their efforts against the chargers defense
the thunder and lightening was crazy last night, it even hailed hard here
i asked myself the same question about how could a domed stadium be delayed because of weather? i herd it might have had to do with power outages, but i am not sure
this is a week for both our teams to step it up! and i cant wait frthe action to start

*funny story: ones i was planning on taking the mrs camping for her birthday
i asked a friend what we should bring for food and he said lobsters

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Haha yeah, makes sense, unless youre literally drinking glacier melt any sort of natural fresh water can be pretty sketch, even if humans arent throwing their waste in it it can be dirty from just moving along the ground or animals drinking from it, fish waste, algae, etc. I guess water purification tablets are a thing but I’d imagine they make the water taste like chlorine or something? Better than getting sick but not very palatable. And ur right, you can get pretty sick from bad water, I think a young couple and their child were recently found dead in some national park (in Utah or Norcal?), no signs of foul play so authorities traced it to a poisonous algae bloom in some water source they drank from. Gotta respect nature, even animals respect nature and they live in it 24/7.

I know you’ve told me about putting prepared foods in the quart size ziplocs and cooking them inside the bags, so it’s basically freezer bag cooking? So you need the freezer bags, which are thicker plastic, not just the regular ziplocs? And I guess when you reheat them, you don’t actually need boiling water, it can just be really hot water (180F vs 212F) and that’s enough to rehydrate and warm up the food? Seems like a great camping hack. Do you make meals out of instant rice and instant mashed potatoes or instant grits/oatmeal? I think if you use food vacuum seal bags those can actually withstand boiling water for a while, plus vacuum sealing food will keep it fresher, but it’s more expensive for the bags vs ziplocs though.
Haha, imagine trying to cook a lobster while camping. Although if you bring some on ice and cook it the first day you’re there, it’s not a hard food to cook except you need a big pot of water. Have some butter and roast potatoes on the side… it’s doable I guess.

I haven’t seen a trick or treater in a while myself and im sure you wouldn’t be stupid enough to accidently hand out edibles but you always hear after Halloween one or two instances of someone handing out cannabis candy, who knows if it was purposeful or just negligence but with millions of trick or treaters youre bound to have an accident or two.

You get to see the rams try to redeem themselves at Seattle on Thursday night, rams are favored by 2pts so it’s projected to be a competitive game. Should be fun to see AD chase Russell around, and Seattle’s run D is pretty bad so maybe Henderson/Michel will do well.
Also we have a London game, so 830am CST (630am PST) we have jets and falcons. Neither team is very good but early Sunday morning football is always interesting, can watch a live game when youre drinking coffee. But they only have it on NFL network which sucks unless you can find a stream.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ive been having good luck watching premium NFL games on that sight you recomended and enjoying every BITE
even thoe the game might not be that great of a match up, i will prob wake n bake
seattle could suprise you and i hope russel stays out of the kitchen
otherwise i like the match ups and hope the ramsD and stafford have a big game
so whats the take on d.henderson? i like the kid
while hes not quite as dynamic as c.akers would have been, i think he has a lot of nfl qualities in him
thats the thing about natural water, we arent used to it
i did not hear about the family who dies from being sick from drinking poison water, but it makes ence, we have algae blooms here on the coast where its known you dont eat the shell fish
the algae is poison but it often also give off this bioluminescence if disturbed, ive seen it many times and its freakin rad!
you cna always boil your water and yes, chemical treatments leave a taste
you can use the swimming pool ones or the iodine, but ill just bring in bottled water whenever i can
/mrs chicky strong like ox
yeah its those freezer bags, they are heavier then the regular sandwich bags
one of my favorites is sheppards pie, where i make ground beef ( or pork) with peas and gravy in the bag and then use hot water to make instant mashed potatoes
we have had great luck with egg dishes in the bags too, kind of like a scramble with peppers and onions in it
/bacon? yes please
the problem with lostahhh would be the smell and disposing of the shells
if we are in a site where they have dumpsters i would throw the water down a drain and bag the rest of shit up and toss it asap, but sometimes you arent close to regular trash
but its totally doable, my sister had this huge pot and gas ring that she did low country boils in
thats totally portable and you could just pack everything in a chest of ice like you said; that sounds like something for sure for sure!

added for the coolness: zappa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb21lsCQ3EM

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Darrell Henderson passes the eye test for me, runs hard, finds the holes and lanes if any are there, takes care of the football. And for someone who’s not that big for his position he breaks a lot of arm tackles. Ur right, he doesn’t bring the breakaway speed and pass catching ability that cam akers would have, but they seem to trust his pass blocking cause he’s getting 80-90% of the snaps on offense. He went in most fantasy drafts around the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] or 6[SUP]th[/SUP] round I think and he’s worth it, if he scored more he’d be out-producing his draft slot but for now owners have to be happy with his workload.

Yeah, you mentioned the egg scramble thing cooked up in the plastic bags. So you just crack some raw eggs, add peppers and onions and cooked bacon or sausage in a freezer bag and cook it up and bam you have a scramble in a few minutes? I think it’s possible to dehydrate your own food if you really want to preserve it and make it lightweight but for a weekend trip it’s overkill.
So you wouldn’t want to dispose of the lobster water too near your camp site? Like, there’s no restrictions on throwing cooking water on the ground, it’s not really littering, but yeah you don’t want any long term food smells too near your camp else yogi bear might be looking for a pic-a-nic basket...

I bought a big turkey fryer years and years ago, it was basically the same thing you’d use for a low country boil, a big stainless steel pot with a big burner stand that you could hook up to a propane tank. I only used it once for frying a turkey, didn’t care too much for the result (it was fine, just not as good as fried chicken but then again turkey never is as good as chicken except for in sandwiches) and gave it away to someone who liked to host parties, he probably used it for seafood boils too.

Im looking forward to the hawks-rams game tomorrow night. Hawks run D is pretty bad so Henderson and maybe Michel might be in line for big games. Maybe Bobby Trees (Robert Woods) will get some run too, he hasn’t been part of the breakfast club with Stafford and Kupp but maybe he can do high tea with Stafford and get on the same page. It’s weird saying this but Russell Wilson is like the poor man’s kyler murray so I think the rams D will be able to keep him in check, plus their starting RB chris carson I think has a neck injury so we might not see him. If I were a betting man I’d say rams will beat them by more than 2pts.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
red hot taek re: k.murray; totally spot on, but i would almost turn that around
k.murray is like wilson 2.0 it seems, if i ws cooking up k.money it would be the same recipe for wilson but with a dash if m.vikck thrown in
/yes sir, i think he has that flash! i wonder how he feels about dogs
if russel can get to the outside he might be able to make a few throws down field, but im hoping j.ram and the secondary can keep a cap on that
so i went to which wich last night, we got a few of those special $5 sandwiches and the mrs got a garden party (their veggie sub)
it was actually pretty good but i kept comparing it to subway for some reason
so the mrs looked it up and it turns out the guy who started the chain was a previous subway owner
the bread is a little better ( the white bread kind of a french bread bagette) but smaller
they use better meats and cheese but its a bit more spendy than subway
its not as good as fire house or a real good deli, but not as cheap as subway (esp with a coupon)
overall it was grinding and i would totally go back on wed to get the $5 special
i actually have one left over for the rams game tonight! (next time i will pick one up for you too!)
yeah the egg scramble is just scrambled eggs in a bag
it takes a few minutes to cook but tastes great with some peppers/ onion and cheese thrown in
i have a food dehydrator and it works great for fri=uit and things, but ive never thought of putting egg or anything like that in it
yeah you dont want to dispose of smelly stuff close to your camp site because it attracts critters and bugs
we are heading out to joshua tree laster this month and the mrs is taking the monday off so we will go from sat-mon
i like that area and tehre is lots of cool stuff to see so i cant wait
picked up a dozen doughnuts this morning and i made somet acos yesterday
cant wait for the rams game to start tonight!
hope you are having a kick ass week and all set for fall brother!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, I agree, kyler is Russell 2.0 like Mahomes is Rodgers 2.0.
But Russell Wilson is also 32 years old and is noticeably less quick than he used to be, but ur right, when he scrambles, 90% of the time it’s just to evade the rush until he can find an open receiver. Kyler is much more likely to tuck it and run for 10+ yards when he gets flushed out of the pocket, although I think this year he’s been better at throwing on the run. Which is why he’s an mvp candidate now and the rams couldn’t stop their offense, it’s bad enough he gets pressured and picks up a 1[SUP]st[/SUP] down with his legs, but now he’s liable to pick up a 40yd completion when he scrambles. And to think people doubted his ability cause he wasn’t 6ft tall.
Haha, so you did get out to Which Wich? And it was good for what it was, but probably would not have been worth it without the $5 deal? Right on, I figured as much. If im ever near one on a Wednesday ill be sure to stop in and try them out, let you know what I think of it. I like sandwiches as much as the next guy but im more of a burgers or pizza or tacos guy myself, when Im thinking of eating out. But I guess sandwiches seem like a healthier option compared to most fast food, they usually have more fresh vegetables at least.
I have a food dehydrator myself, I got it to make dried chicken jerky treats for my dogs but stopped when they would eat like $10 of chicken breast that took a day or two to dehydrate in like one day, haha.
There’s some online betting sites that are offering new account promos so I might open up an account and make a bet or two this weekend. I have a friend who consistently wins at player prop bets (like this QB will have over 250yds passing, this RB over 80yds rushing) so he might give me some tips too, but I like the rams over the hawks by 3 or more pts (spread is rams by 2.5). What do you think? Im hoping AD and JR are pissed at giving up 37pts to Arizona so they might be looking for revenge…

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah, i would rate wich wich a step above subway but not quite deli
the meats and bread was good and they sandwiches are ok size, they give you a 7" instead of a 6" but the bread is narrow
but the cost was between subway and a deli too so i guess it was an ok value
/even better if you can land the $5 deal
i made some chicken salad last night and ended up eatting a bunch of that with crackers while watching the game plus i had some other stuff around the house
/a cauliflower crust pizza i picked up at costco that i made in the ovne
but the game was great after stafford got on rythm
he dident look as sharp as he had previously this season, but made some clutch throws when he needed too
plus i guess his funger was hurt
wilson goofed up his finger last night and i felt a lot better own the streach knowing it would be geno smith instaead of russ in the kitchen
we are gpoing to make those candies apples this weekend, hopefully tonight and then also butter at some point
so are you goignt o sign up for one of those betting sites?
i keep seeing the fan duel ads and prop bets could be the way to go
let me know what you think and how it goes
its been raining hard on and off and im loving it
cant wait for the fun this weekend and hope you finish your week off strong!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, Stafford missed some throws early on, then threw a bad INT in the endzone, but even after he sprained his finger his accuracy improved and especially his connection with Woods worked all game long. He only threw for 1 td but his passing got them near the end zone and Henderson and michel each got a rush TD. Overall a nice bounce back win for the rams and with Wilson likely to miss the next 6 weeks (he probably has mallet finger, a torn tendon that requires surgery) that’s one less team the rams have to worry about in the division.

I signed up for pointsbet which requires you to go to one of their physical locations (they got a couple in the Chicago burbs) to verify your identity and then they’ll give you some bonus money on your first deposit, a refund on your first bet if it loses, etc. I might do it if only to make the games more interesting, but it’s hard to win money long term betting on sports. Fanduel doesn’t have many player prop bets, just basic stuff like most passing td’s for the season, MVP, etc. Pointsbet has individual game props like over under 270 passing yds for the game, etc.

It’s been raining a lot here too so that’s nice, the yard gets some much needed water. It’s also been warming up a bit as well, from the 60’s to the 70’s, might even see 80 here this weekend. Last bit of summer before the fall I guess…