What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Haha, totally didn’t see your post Hawk. Weird how it’s been a week and this is my first time seeing it, maybe theres something wrong with the site or maybe I need to lay off the vodka.
Also I guess Pop had some issues with his post as well, maybe it’s not us, maybe it’s the site running into hiccups.

Yeah checkers burgers when theyre made fresh are pretty dang good, similar to home made but when theyre done bad it’s almost inedible, and this is coming from someone who eats a lot of garbage food.
Ive only ever seen arena football on tv, it was pretty exciting, high scoring games, I always thought it was cool to see the one receiver take a running start and sprint toward the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped. And yeah, the cheesecake on the sideline is always a welcome sight, I imagine theyre more scantily clad than most nfl cheerleaders.

I had to look up the spring league, never heard of it before but I guess it’s a non-paying developmental league for players to get some exposure, I think they’ve had 100 players sign contracts with nfl teams in the 4-5 years they’ve been around. Ive never seen a game but I guess they play on Fox and also FS1 and 2, I guess the final game of their season is this Saturday at 3pm on Fox so I might have to turn in for that.

I think you’ll like Whataburger, Pop, it’s like Texas’s version of In and Out, nothing super fancy but similar in price to McD’s and generally better quality/tasting than most fast food. Ive never been there but im sure your people will know what’s good there, also they’re known for their spicy ketchup so definitely try that out, they sell it on amazon too if you like it.

Sounds like youre doing all you can to get this truck running properly, I hope it works out for you, you will have to put some money into it but with some luck it’ll be well worth it and you’ll have some amazing adventures in it.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
it happened again! i thought i posted a reply but ow i see nothign
/maybe i need to cut back on teh chronic and vodka
napes
yeah its hopefully a nice truck and one of the first things i want to do is take it for a ride
im almost sure i will take it back to california
as long as its not a shit wagon im going to fix it up
at the very least im going to get it road ready and put on some new tires, on the other end i will fix it up and i might even lift it and put some nice 35" tires on it
i will be sure to post pics of what ever happens
as far as weed goes, i guess my bil has a hook up out there but it would be nice to see whats around
/would like to hear what prices are ilke in tx
i cant wait to check out the what a burger and of course im going to have o get some nice smoked meats while out there
i will also be doing some cooking for my sis just to say thanks for having me out! i cant wait
the x just got her 2nd covid shot and is super sick! so i think im going to aviod her for the next week
hope you are having a great day my man and all set for the weeeknd!

got any plans?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Not sure what’s the deal with the site, maybe it’s been taken over by the feds and theyre fucking with us. Maybe this is the DEA’s last gasp before biden and harris push through a legalization bill for cannabis.
If the truck can make it from TX to CA, which is over a thousand mile trip, without struggling along the way, it should be in decent shape.
Are you going to do the lift and wheels yourself? For some reason I think it’s possible to swap out suspensions yourself if you’ve got some pretty sturdy tools, but it would be much easier if you could lift the truck to head height or more instead of putting it on jackstands and crawling underneath. I knew a guy who had such a lift in his garage, he worked out of his home as an auto mechanic.

Yeah, when youre in TX definitely got to try the BBQ/brisket and also some Tex Mex, which may not be all that different from regular Mexican food, maybe more emphasis on bbq’d meats and cheese and sometimes chili? Not sure. But it’ll be fun, if you don’t suffer from the heat too much. I hear places in TX can break 100F for a month straight during the summer, practically like living in AZ. But I hear the west coast is going through a heat wave right now so maybe no big deal…

Im lucky, the woman and I didn’t suffer from the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] vaccination but that may be because she already had covid (she got real sick for a few days back in Feb, I might have caught it then too but was mostly asyptomatic) and gave it to me, who knows?

No plans for the weekend, i may try to get this grill up and running, it's all moldy inside and i couldnt find my leftover charcoal so had to buy a new bag. Ill burn all the nasty stuff inside of it to ash, clean it out, then maybe grill some sausages and smoke some meats if i can find something good and cheap...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i doubt grouchy old man biden is going to legalize weed but who knows
remember, he lost a son to drugs and is prbably pretty straight edge and i doubt he cares about weed
yeah i cant wait to try the food when i go out there; tex mex! its not like mexican food here in so cal thats for sure but im sure it will be grinding
i will be sure to get into the smoked meats and see what i can find as far as other locval favorites go
my nephew is actually really good working on cars and i never thought that we could do the work ourselves
i might just leave it stock and save some bucks but we will see
that sounds like a decent goal getting the grill back up and running
its summer time soon and time to get out adn grill; ive been cooking up sausages and hot links on the grill lately
hope you have a great day and an even better weekend brother!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, I hear what youre saying, especially since biden and kamala were responsible for a lot of drug users and sellers being put in prison (he when he passed some anti crime bills in the 90s, she as atty general of California) but part of their election platform was legalizing cannabis, and a lot of states are passing their own state laws as well, Louisiana, delaware, maybe some others. And yeah, hunter biden had a lot of drug issues even though he was what you’d call a functional addict (had a career and family) but beau biden died of a brain tumor back in 2016.

I think around the Chicago area there’s some Mexican restaurants that feature Tex Mex cooking. And aren’t fajitas considered a Tex Mex dish? Dishes that feature grilled meats and flour tortillas may have tex mex origins. It’s hard to differentiate though, cause most of TX used to be part of Mexico back in the day…

But yeah, definitely try out the brisket. If you’ll be near Austin there’s this brisket guru, Aaron Franklin, has his restaurant out there, lines might be long though. But with a lot of bbq restaurants, sometimes the joint operating out of a shack or gas station might have just as good food, hopefully your family out there will know who’s legit. Also, do they do any grilling or smoking themselves? It’d be shameful for them to live in TX for a long time and have their California relative know how to bbq better than they do.

I think with things like shocks and struts the hardest part is getting under the car and having tools big and strong enough to undo the bolts and stuff. I bought a 300 piece mechanics tool set from harbor freight years ago, it’s come in handy for minor car repairs (brakes, alternator, starter motor etc), it has like 1 inch socket wrenches but for shocks/struts you might need something even stronger, Im not sure. But definitely having an extra set of hands to hold stuff up or take it down will probably help.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening my man! hope you had a great weekend
i think you are right about fajitas being tex mex; i bet there are a lot of new foods out there and im going to try as much as i can
turns out by bil is a big fan of five guys! they have them out here and i think they are ok
my buddy was telling about some great bbq joints, but most of them seemed out of the way, like in the dal/ ft wrth area
im not going to drive for hours when im sure there will be some good smoked meats close by
maybe if we plana trip from there we can stop by some places
one of the palces my bil wants to take me is his smoke connect
i think he gets it froma shop, so it must be in another state
im always down to check out the smoke scene in another place and cant wait to see what they are burning
/im smoking some wet ass wedding cake i just harvested the other day
hope you are starting your eek off right and ready to kick ass!
the 4rth is coming up and i cant wait!

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh man.i can't even imagine the bbq and smoking the Texans do on the 4th.surely it's a site to behold.ill bet they have tons of bbq contests.id like to go one day.ill bet your gonna have a blast pops!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah i think a lot of mexican food in the US has been sort of 'americanized' like it has been in texas. You go to a real deal authentic mexican restaurant and it's a lot more stewed meats and such and less grilled meats.
Hawk is right, TX bbq is not to be missed but to be honest, if you live near a major metro area it's not hard to find good BBQ, i see these food shows on tv and seems like TX bbq (emphasis on smoked meats, dry rubs and brisket) has spread across the country. And doesnt Hawk live sort of close to missouri? Is KC style BBQ a thing out where you live, Hawk? I can get good ribs around chicago but ive always wanted to do a tour around KC and try out some of those famous BBQ joints i see on TV...

Carl nassib came out as openly gay yesterday, he's a def end for the raiders. I remember that dude on the browns during their hard knocks season (mayfield's rookie year) and he gave a lecture on personal finance to other players, showing them how much a 'baller' lifestyle really costs or something. I can confidantly say that even 10 years ago no nfl player would dare come out as gay but for now he's being congratulated for his courage. Good for him, not sure if he'll face harassment from opposing players this season but we'll see...

shithawk420

Veteran
No.i live about 2 hours south west of Chicago in the corn fields.heres only 1 bbq place near me but I heard it's kinda nasty.i used to live in GA though and they have good bbq. From what I understand KC bbq is vinegar based sauces.In fact,when you go to bbq competitions they don't even put sauce on the ribs.its a side condiment.im gonna need extra cause I love a good sauce.

There's a famous place in GA where tons of celebrities sign a paper pig on a stake and there's hundreds if not thousands of them.kind of like a graveyard.thats some good bbq.dammit.now I want some ribs.i think I'm gonna do some this week.

I like those tv shows too baba.especially the one where they just film in Chicago.i can't remember what it's called.taste of Chicago or something.they have a restaurant but it's really a science lab.its $1000 per person and it's really cool.not $1000 cool but pretty neat

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Right on Hawk, yeah GA has some good BBQ for sure. I always thought KC style sauce was more tomato based sauce, but i think KC bbq joints will usually offer several versions of their sauce, sweet (more molasses), spicy (more peppers) and tangy (more vinegar) so I dont think youre wrong.
Is the carolina pulled pork with coleslaw and vinegar based bbq sauce popular in GA? Ive had that a few times in bbq places around chicago and it's a good flavor combo. Ive also heard carolina gold BBQ sauce is popular in the southeast, it's a sweet (molasses and honey) mustard (yellow color) based sauce which im not sure ive had yet but sounds righteous.

There's a tv show and a youtube channel called Chicago's Best that profiles all the popular local restaurants, but havent heard of that science lab show so i might have to look for it.

I havent made ribs in a long time, but one recipe ive had in mind for quick easy ribs is to load up a deep pan with spareribs (remove the skin if you can, rub a little salt and pepper into the meat too for a little more flavor), throw a couple bottles of cheap BBQ sauce in there (those Kraft bbq sauce bottles for 99cents or you can go more expensive if that's what you have, the flavor and fat from the ribs as they cook will mix with the sauce and make it more delicious even if it was crappy by itself) cover it with foil and oven bake it on low (300F or less) for 90 mins or more and they should come out juicy and flavorful and fall off the bone. It wont have that nice smokey char from the grill but for minimal work it's not bad at all...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening boys! the week is off to a grea start and im 7days and a wake up from tx
its going to be on!

you know im eatting all the smoked meats hawk!
the 4rth is one of my favorite hildays and i cant wait for the show to begin
in addition to that i guess they dont go to fireworks in texas, you make them yourself
i guess my sister has purchased a small cache of fireworks
but those arent the show; we are going to her frineds house who has over two grand into his fireworks show!
i love the 4rth and i love fire works!
its bulls shit man, i wish we could get more than sparklers out here where i live
/im sorry, i come from the peoples republic of california where you ant do cool shit on your own

yeah there are regional differences to how they sauce/ smoke their meats
i cant wait to get my mouth on some real tx bbq
im even going to ask around and see what people say is the place i want to eat
then im taking teh whole gang out for bbq and dropping dime on some meat
/bbq=$$$$
but hey, its going to be grinding and i cant wait
dude i saw that about how the radiders player came out in the news feed and it a big deal right now
/its pride month here in san diego; is it a national thing?
the mast guy who was open like that was michael sams, but he came out before the draft
/did that have an effect on him being drafted?
but being a rookie he never made the team; i wonder what the real vibe is like in the radiers locker room

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah that's the show.Chigago's best.i used to watch it on the weekends.

Yeah,baba.pulled pork is pretty popular in GA.i love it with coleslaw myself.ive never had Carolina gold bbq sauce.vinegar sauces are popular in GA
I gotta admit I'm a little jealous pops.never been to Texas.i heard a lot of Californians are moving to Texas.im sure your gonna have a great time!

yeah it's pride month everywhere.i don't understand why it's important to tell the whole world your gay.they want a meddle or something? I could care less who's gay.just don't touch me

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Haha, in TX maybe you can get quarter sticks of dynamite as fireworks. Those things can probably blow apart a concrete block pretty easily. I think around here Indiana has the most lax fireworks laws, but never been there to shop for them.
But be careful with the smoke out there, an LA lakers player (Alex Caruso) just got arrested for having a grinder with some residue at a TX airport and they took him to jail and everything unless youre in more liberal places like austin. Or maybe cause he was trying to get on a plane that they took it so seriously and didnt just give him a ticket or something...
Michael Sam came out before the draft and was a 7th round pick of the rams but was cut in training camp. I guess dudes are ok with showering with him and carl, that was the big issue some players had with having gay teammates.
Not sure when June became pride month, Hawk, but there it is, everyone gets their own month now haha. Except for white people, cause i guess that'd be racist or something? Not sure. Maybe every month is white people's month?

Ive been to dallas once and san antonio once, i did have bbq there but not any 'famous' or well known places, and from what i recall it wasnt any better than good bbq around chicago. I guess it's like NY style pizza, if you have a good recipe/chef and ingredients, doesnt matter if youre in TX or Timbuktu, you should be able to make some killer Q. But if you can hit up some well known places and give us a review, Pop, that would be appreciated.

Haven't cooked anything notable lately, but did hit up BK for their new chicken sandwich. This was my 2nd time getting it, and got it with mayo instead of their savory sauce or their spicy sauce. The previous time i got it with the spicy sauce and for some reason it tasted really bad to me, i thought they mixed the sauce wrong or something but i think it just comes in a bag? But other people have reviewed it and liked the spicy sauce so maybe it's just me.
Still, overall i liked it with the mayo, pickles were good, potato bun was decently fresh and dense/chewy enough, and the chicken was thick and tender and the crust was really crispy. All in all a good enough sandwich, probably not better than popeye's but for the same price ($4 or so) i got a free whopper when you use their app for a smartphone order. Two good sammies for $4 and change? Great deal.

Untitled.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that chicken sandwich and a whopper for $4! that is a great deal my man
i havent had bk in ages; there used to be one cose by but they are renovating it so its been closed for the past couple months
i have been eatting a bunch of salad and shit like that from the garden trying to get in shape for my trip
thats funny you mention hot links because the other day my mom gets these hot links from costco and i thought they were almost too hot
/ guess i got white people mouth now so i cant handle the heat like i used to
i grilled the on the bbq but ended up slicing them up and putting them into a dirty rice recipe i made
i think you are totally right about good bbq is good bbq
there might be regional diferences, but in the end its the flavor that makes it special
im not bringing any weed stuff with me on the plane other than candies
im going to have the mrs write a sweet label for them "from grandma" but i wont bring weed
i talked to a few people about it and its arisky tihng at best so im just going to pass
i will bring a few hundy extra and my bil is taking me to his spot so we can shop and that will set me up
on a funny note, he got this cogarette machine that makes cigarettes but hes packing them with pot! he even sent me a video of it, the thing is sick

i like my bbq pork with slaw too hawk
i catn wait to check it out and cant wait for the fun to begin!

shithawk420

Veteran
A whopper and a checked sandwich for 4$ is one hell of a deal.i wish the BK by me didn't close down.

My buddy lives on the outskirts of a town and his neighbors are cops.he shoots guns and makes illegal fireworks and bombs and they don't care,so if I'm lucky that's where I'll be on the 4th.

I seen a good vid on YouTube where the best bbq is in one of the Carolinas.they go around cutting peoples trees and using that for there smoker's and they did some other weird techniques I've never seen before.stuff I know no one in the city is doing.its a good vid.ill try to remember the name.

Haha, what's white people mouth pops? Haven't heard that one lol

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah BK has like the cheapest fast food out there with their coupons, either from the mail or from their app. I think the free whopper with a chking deal was only supposed to go through june 20 but i still got it on the 22nd fwiw.
It's good youre loading up on salad Pop, i try to eat some veggies now and then just for the fiber and also to cut back on calories. The fast food and typical american diet i have (burgers, pizza, tacos etc) isnt that great for my health haha. But one nice thing is that im cutting back on the liquor, ran out of vodka last weekend and been pretty ok without it so far, although i did have a nip or two from a flask yesterday lol.

Edibles so long as they dont smell strong should be alright on domestic flights, sounds like your tx buddy doesnt have too much trouble with toking up out there so even in TX maybe you'll be alright so long as you keep it discrete.

Hot links are popular with city BBQ joints, i guess theyre basically a hot italian sausage? But usually they're not that hot but i see what you mean, the older i get the more my tolerance for spice gets lower.

Sounds like you'll have a pretty entertaining 4th, Hawk, if you get to shoot some guns and blow some stuff up. That's one of the benefits of living in the country i think is you could have your own backyard shooting range if you have enough land, maybe a big hill as a backstop like hickok45 on y-tube, and your neighbors are cool with it. What isnt as cool is that full auto weapons are illegal in IL unless youre law enforcement, it's a waste of ammo and expensive as hell especially now but it would be fun to shoot a machine gun once in a while.

That's the beauty with cooking with wood is that if you live near some trees it's basically free fuel. I dont think wood lasts as long as lump charcoal so for long smokes it's trickier unless you have a big firebox but back in the day, going back to caveman times, humans only used wood for cooking, natural gas or propane wasnt a thing.

shithawk420

Veteran
I can't shoot guns where I'm at.i still live in town.its just a really small town.500 people.1 bar 1 gas station and a school.thats it.you look out my window it's nothing but graineries and cornfields.

Yeah I've never shot a gun with full auto.ive shot AR15s and AK-47s on semiauto.thats still pretty fun.hehe my buddy does some wily cayote shit.hes got a 100' long detonator.the whole fucking ground shakes like an earthquake.his cop neighbors houses are only spaced apart by 50'.so they are cool for being cops.but we'll see.i might end up doing nothing if I'm not invited anywhere.that will suck.4th is my favorite holiday.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys! happy friday and lets get the weekend on

you are right baba', in tx you can get a 1/4 stick as a fire work
i was doing some looking and it turns out there are firework places close to my sisters house
man, im thinking im going to get a couple boxes and bring them back to cali for those winter desert trips!
that would be rad
the csndy look like any home made candy and im having a note writtne that says "from grandma" or something lie that so they should not abe a problem
im eatting better and working my my drinking but we are going to have a great time while im out there!
thats great you are cutting back on your boozin too baba
the american diet is delicious but its like a sunday dinner every night in some ways
just listen to your body and do what feels best for you my friend, none of us are going to live forever but we can do the best we can with what we got
/like taking care of your cars engine, take care your your body too
but im going to be red lining to while in tx and doing all kinds of fun things, so i would not take any advice from me!

white people mouth is when i cant even eat the red salsa at the mexican joints anymore
i used to be able to eat fire but not so much now days
/getting old sucks man
the 4rth is my favorite holidy too hawk and you should get out and have some fun
depending on what hes blowing up, 100' is danger close but it sounds liek fun

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, I kind of figured that if you live more in farm country that you cant really do fun stuff like shoot in your backyard. Normally you would still have more isolation and quiet but I guess you were saying that your neighbors are kind of freaky so you dont even get that kind of peace and quiet.
Having the one bar and one gas station doesnt sound like much fun but that's about as much as you can expect a town of 500 to support. Not even a little diner restaurant or a mcdonald's? I've heard of people growing up in small towns where the only fast food place is a mcdonalds or dairy queen, which i like both but the lack of choices would bug me. I guess in those situations if you knew how to cook you wouldnt miss eating out.

Ive only shot an AR once (really loud indoors) and a 12 gauge once, the shotgun i wasnt holding it firmly enough (it was a cheap lightweight shottie and i was firing slugs) and the damn thing hit me in the cheek, almost thought i cracked my cheekbone. Yeah, i was done shooting after that haha. Never shot an AK before but theyre cool guns, i think theyre popular for hunting because they shoot a bigger, heavier bullet than an AR. I think ARs with the smaller lighter bullet is good for varmints like raccoons and possums, but some states require a bigger bullet if you want to hunt deer.

Haha Pop, maybe you can run a side hustle selling TX fireworks in CA. Im sure the more powerful stuff would be like gold out there. But if someone hurts themselves in Cali and say they bought it from you then that wouldnt be good. But definitely lighting them off in the desert would be fun, if you find a good spot miles away from anyone else.

That red salsa at mexican restaurants is pretty spicy imo, and some joints are spicier than others, some i swear are so spicy that even a chilihead would be satisfied. But yeah, our tolerances for pain and movement get lower with age, plus if you have a history of stomach problems in your family, best to avoid the spicy foods. Stick with the green chilis. I think youve been eating those a lot, or was it someone else?

I think i like christmas, halloween and even thanksgiving more than the 4th, but i understand why you guys like it, it's a major holiday during the summer, everyone's out and about, it's hot but that just adds to the experience. Plus fireworks, blowing stuff up, etc, cant go wrong with acting like a kid again haha, playing with fire and other dumb stuff. Even better (or worse i guess) when youre drunk, but hopefully no one gets hurt.

shithawk420

Veteran
There used to be a pizza place/ diner that wasn't bad but whenever someone tries to run a business there they fail cause they can't compete with the gas station.the gas station makes Piccadilly pizza and other garbage gas station food.oh,I forgot to tell you guys.we do have an ice cream factory that sells ice cream around the county.when I was 6 I got into a bad wreck with one of their trucks on my bike. almost died and I could of sued the shit out of them but my dad went to prison for selling pot and my mom is kinda messed up in the head so it didn't happen.i didn't want to even come back here.

Yeah I've shot all kinds of guns.when I was 12 I used to go skeet shooting in Kewanee I think it was,with a double barrel 20G satori shotgun.now that was a nice gun.dont much care for AR-15.they are too heavy cause of the rail system in my opinion.but an AK is so well balanced I'd take that anyday..most AR15 uses 5.56 Wich packs a good punch but you can even get them in .22.i have no idea the point of that but whatever floats there boat.Ak uses 7.62.on full auto your a dead man.no ifs ands or buts.

I like the 4th cause I like to drink and make bbq.blowing shit up is just a bonus.

Latest posts

Latest posts