What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC/MMA 2020

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think Volkov is better than Smith but Smith found a way. Weathered the storm and waited for that rear naked choke.

I like Cormier over Lewis. Lewis is twice as funny tho. Lewis has that right hand or brick. Cormier has lots of stuff, wrestling, boxing, being the main ones.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not really close for Lewis but he did get Dan's attention with some of those bombs nearly landing flush. Dan is a complete fighter and Lewis is a kickboxer.

Weidman had really good boxing but going against a harder puncher he just go caught being a little tired after the war he waged. Good showing anyways.

Chappi

That punch landed on Weidman was a first for me, I think I’ve seen them land near the tempel before but not at this angle....Chris just unlucky, just like that knee he ate from Romero. Maybe he should retire. Props to Jacare for knowing when a fighter is done and the ref made a mistake that could have cost a fighter his career.

Stylebender is the next Mcgreggor. His striking is that good.

Cormier, no surprise, I even feel like Cormier let it get to the second round. The black beast looked better than I’ve even seen him but he’s just not on that level yet. Hope he learns from this a gets better.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Forgot about Style. He can go to the top I think. He made it look easy beating Brunson, maybe it was? Brunson has very good hands and wrestling, not a easy out.

Chappi

He did make it look easy, he says that American striking is just not on the same level as it is wherever the fuck he’s from. I’m excited for gus n jones 2, I got my money on gus, he’s gotten so much better since the last time he fought coked out Jones. Jones is as dangerous as ever and is hungry, arguably the hungriest ever. Two hungry dogs going at it is going to be fight of the year man. Can’t effin wait!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope someone here saw the main fight tonight. Man, I was left speechless. Poor Zombie, he was winning the fight till the last second and hit with an elbow shot I have never seen before. Cowboy looked pumped up with his kid and might get into the top level again after a nice armbar win.

Real good card and for free. Yair really earned that victory. Both fighters were left bloody zombies after the beating they took. Amazing and lucky I watched it live.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
What a way ti finish off the 25th anniversary of the UFC. Best fight I have seen for years. Reminds me of the Griffin/Bonner fight :)

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Surprised Holloway won. Great striking and he did get rocked a bit by Ortega's shots but not too bad. No take downs for Ortega, surprisingly good defense by Max.

He is blessed I guess as he always says. Joanna just not strong enough to match Valentina. Santos is scary strong, look out for that guy. He wrecks people.

B

Bird~friend

Glad everybodys still here :yes:
(my good computer has gone down fortunateley i have a spare but isnt so good this is being sorted i feel quite privaleged i have got this far on it.
Chappi!? on my thread their is a lot of off topic stuff so i think your thread/this thread should be number1 for mma

because of computer faults i still havnt got round to seen Holloway and ortega

Nice to be back chaps .

---
malato . other thread - ive experienced them ,

:)

Last edited:
B

Bird~friend

boOo !!! :)

i mean BOO ,Boo < a surprise. in the most niceset of ways. i am of most sainest ming i assure you. but of the flesh is where it is at most.

shortly i will be speaking of some a few one pastor who does not now so performs at the flesh ...

like here at the flesh it tries to make you not understand me..

need to gain refreshment.

oh people i have a story to tell. of recent. VICARRR framed me etc.. back soon. thumup

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shame about Whittaker he is just not so durable it seems. Broke his hand in a fight and two fights called off due to injury.

Silva still has it. He is around 90% of his old self imo. Gave Israel a run there. He should stop imo, not gonna be so dominate now and should think on growing old with his family in good health.

Might buy the next fight but would rather see Cain fighting Jones. Smith is gonna get worked unless he ko's Jones and that aint likely. Say what you will on Jones he has very good skills to go with the physical ability. He has improved each fight too.

Chappi

FUCK!!!! I think Cain and camp knew about his injury and went forward with the fight anyway. Too bad it went down as a tko when it was a blown out knee. Cain is done forever, any fight feom now on is gonna be a payday and he can’t win shit. He lost a major fan today. So dissappinted, worse than the loss to Werdum. Fuck you Cain!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you are right^^ I saw no clean blows to the head till he was down grimacing in pain from the knee. He appeared to be 20 pounds overweight whatever that means.

I guess all those glancing shots from Ngannou could have rung his bell but I doubt it, so the knee gave out is my guess. Tattoo should now read 'Brown Shame', I kid. I think his body is just worn out now.

I think Felder is top 5 or 3 material. Always liked his style and he is the best fight announcer that also fights that they have. Luque vs Barberena was a classic.

Dog Star

Veteran
Mirko Filipović aka Cro Cop gets brain stroke and said he finishing his career for good..

this now is serious,am reading he gets huge fear from recent health critical event..
doctor tell him he cant get even minor kick in head,its very dangerous for him..

He was last really long,fighted with biggest names in this savage sport..
hope his health get better,he is OK person and have family so i wish
him best so he can live and care for his family as a trainer or consultant
for younger fighters..

https://www.24sata.hr/sport/mirko-imao-sam-mozdani-udar-i-vise-nikad-necu-stati-u-ring-616932