What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC/MMA 2020

Chappi

Meh

Meh

Diego Sanchez was on fire!! Man I was so happy/surprised to see him perform the way he did just wow!!!

Zabeast did good against little heathen Jeremy Stephens, ate some shots but was just too accurate and dynamic for Jeremy.

Cody was doing well but then he went all street fighter and lost his composure. He should have fought a smarter fight but the guy is just too raw. Great fight!

Tecia looked every bit of a UFC fighter but was defeated by a true martial artist imo, she looks great but I think she focuses more on her physique than she does on her training, I wasn’t really impressed in any way by her performance. Congrats to Waili Zhang on her victory.

Robbie, oh Robbie!!! You had it in the bag and let it go!! I think his hands got burned out and wasn’t able to defend. I think he did go out momentarily but came back right away and Herb Dean made the right call when he saw Robbie’s arm go limp. I wish he had let him continue though. God I hate that curly dad bod, Jay Leno chin looking curly Sherley Temple looking mother fucker!!

Woodley was just too defensive, he took too much damage to the body, he was too complacent and didn’t do enough to change the power dynamic of the fight. He fought Usman’s fight and got absolutely dominated. I don’t want to see a remach, I don’t think it would go any differently.

Anthony smith definitely earned his paycheck. That illegal knee should have been DQ but thanks to Smith being able to continue, it only cost JBJ the round. All that aside Jones looked slow, heavy and not the usual Jones i’m used to seeing. I think this is clean JBJ with no picograms, and I think Cormier would destroy this version of JBJ. I can’t believe it went five rounds, this Smith guy is worse than Texeria.

Overall a good card but many disappointments as usual.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for Cro Cop. Woodley was overwhelmed, never seen that before.

Smith is not in Jones league and likely never will be. I bought this card and kind of let down but once in a while I buy them for the hell of it.

That fight with Garbrandt was a classic. Bombs away! Look out for Zabit in the FW. I think he can go to the top.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many good fights. Masvidal looks better all the time. Diaz is tough but maybe not top tier talent. I think the eye was worse than people realized at the time. May have been a good call by the doctor.

Anderson stomped Walker, that surprised me. Walker is a scary man still. The Finn/Makwan was winning till his gas tank went empty. Lee looked good head kicking Gillespie. He had another staph thing on his chest?

Till looked good but is 20 pounds heavier than his opponent. Quite the advantage. They should weigh the fighters the same day of the fight. Thompson looked good, glad he could get a win as he has been losing quite a bit lately.

Masvidal has gotten religion it seems. The religion of baptizing/knocking out your opponent. One way to get to God I guess? hehe I prefer smoking the ganja myself.

Chappi

Kevin Lee should of got ko of the night!! He put guillespie stiff as a board!

Black beast won but his fights are never pretty and he always barely wins, even when he KO’s people.

Wonderboi came out slow but then got his timing down and started connecting all over luque, good fight.

Neither Kelvin or Till has their vest performance. Kelvin must of ate too many tacos because he looked slow and weak. Till is a monster compared to Gastelum in size but I did’t expect such a lackluster fight.

Main even was garbage, they robbed us of two glorious rounds. Yes Masvidal was picking Nate apart all night but Nate shines in the later rounds and he was robbed of that, bad cut or not he seemed to be able to see just fine.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I think that eye may have been in jeopardy for getting torn worse. No doc here so just guessing. He was good to go as it was but with a rip like that it could get worse quick.

Till was so much bigger it was not even fair. Gillespie had me scared for a while. That is when the brain no longer functions at all. Nate might have brain damage too. He talks funny but I think he always did? He takes a lot of beatings in most of his fights.

Black Beast is a right hand man and not much else. Problem was the guy he was fighting can get stabbed in the heart and live. Could not ko him.

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Was disappointed in the stoppage at first but in hindsight i dont think it would have changed much. Masvidal looked tentative before the fight imo but he dominated the first 3 rds, his strikes were harder and more accurate, on the ground he was outwrestling nate and GnP'ing him too. If he had seemed like he was getting tired maybe nate would have had more of a chance in the championship rds, but masvidal seemed like he was disciplined with his pace and wasnt even breathing hard at the end. I'd give nate at most a 10% chance to win that fight without the early stoppage, even when he was tagging masvidal he wasnt doing much damage.

Anytime nate takes a hard blow to the temple it seems like a 2 inch cut opens up. When he went to his corner the first time he took a towel to wipe blood off his face and just rubbed it down his whole face and i think opened that cut up even more, his cut man was like 'woah woah woah'.

I think i've heard of fighters getting plastic surgery for this problem, cutting out the scar tissue and even shaving down the bone; maybe his temple is unusually 'sharp' there making cuts happen easier.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think Nate had an outside chance of winning by submission, did not look like Masvidal was wearing down any though. That is when Nate applies the pressure in stand up or submits them. The late rounds are where Nate shines so maybe something could have turned in his favor.

Glad I did not pay for that main event. Cheapo here I know. The prelims were awesome. Masvidal stunned Nate a few times, Nate did not stun Masvidal.

That guy that looks like Abe Lincoln is fighting next saturday. Zabit? He is very good. Abe was said to be a good wrestler so....

Colby and Usman has my interest. I like Colby but really he is a boring fighter. Grabs hold of you and just hangs on. Like Maia with less submission skills. His trash talk I do love though. Usman is quite scary, not sure Colby can hang with a ko expert like that.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Zabit is a real talent. I would like him to put on a Abe Lincoln hat after winning but can not have everything. Stovepipe hat.

That Roberts ko was something. Glad the Russian finally woke up after that.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Figured Colby would get ko'd and finally did. He lasted longer than I thought he would fighting stand up. His only chance was to take down Usman but maybe figured he could not do it?

Power did win out, broken jaw for Colby too it seems. I think Faber is retired for real now. He got jacked by that Yan guy. Too much power. Volkanovski won as I expected. Holloway is good but not so superior to the other fighters. He did not check any of the kicks? Not sure why but he lost by being kicked like that so many times.

Nunes was not doing so good standing up and used her ground game to advantage. Standing, she would have lost to Randamie imo. Impressive to beat Nunes at striking but not well rounded enough for the win.

Chappi

Amanda didn’t look herself in there, maybe she’s not hungry anymore.

Colby did great, I really feel sorry for him because he let it all hang in there. I think if it had gone to decision it could of gone either way but that broken jaw was just getting pulverized by Usman’s powerful strikes.

The other fights I didn’t get to pay too much attention to so I can’t comment.

(Early prelims)How bout that skinny dude Chase Hooper? I did not expect him to win!!!

C

Capra ibex

Amanda didn’t look herself in there, maybe she’s not hungry anymore.

Colby did great, I really feel sorry for him because he let it all hang in there. I think if it had gone to decision it could of gone either way but that broken jaw was just getting pulverized by Usman’s powerful strikes.

The other fights I didn’t get to pay too much attention to so I can’t comment.

(Early prelims)How bout that skinny dude Chase Hooper? I did not expect him to win!!!

You feel 'sorry' for him??

Yes, i get that he's playing a character but he crosses over into very personal things, i think he'll try to pull the 'it's just a character' line whenever it suits him, good for Kamaru.

Chappi

You feel 'sorry' for him??

Yes, i get that he's playing a character but he crosses over into very personal things, i think he'll try to pull the 'it's just a character' line whenever it suits him, good for Kamaru.

You realize this is a thread about UFC fighting not about how Colby triggered you?!

Anyway I’m re watching the fights because I was hammered that night to remember much.

I take back what I said about Amanda, she looked as hungry as ever. What happened is she pulled an amateur mistake of trying to finish a fight and over exerting her arms then trying to choke her out. She gassed out by the second round and then had to keep taking the fight to the ground. She played it smart though, except for when she ate those upkicks. Still the GOAT!

C

Capra ibex

You have anything substantive to add? Damn casuals :laughing:

Nope, nothing to add, for now.

I am a casual, definitely, since UFC 1 though.... but you know the only people who use the term 'casuals' as if it's some kind of shade, are casuals themselves, who think they have some great understanding or something.

Which i would wager, by your analysis of Nunes, is exactly what you are. :)

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amanda used her marriage experience to gain an advantage. Get on top and stay there. I think Randamie was just a bad match up for her.

Colby did do great to almost beat Usman at his own game. Not sure if they will wire his jaw shut or not. If they do his enemies will have a hearty laugh at his expense. I like him and even I will laugh a little.

Chase Hooper appears to have a future grappling. Long limbs are useful if the fighter knows how to exploit the advantage.

Chappi

Nope, nothing to add, for now.

I am a casual, definitely, since UFC 1 though.... but you know the only people who use the term 'casuals' as if it's some kind of shade, are casuals themselves, who think they have some great understanding or something.

Which i would wager, by your analysis of Nunes, is exactly what you are. :)

Just go cry about how much you hate Trump on another thread please, you have nothing to add. Even in your rebuttal you have zero substance. Waste of time replying here.

Latest posts

Latest posts