What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2010 baseball trades and rumors

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
It's offical Roy Halladay to the Philles and Cliff Lee to the mariners in a 3-4 team trade involving some minor leagures including Kyle Drabek heading north to Toronto. All I can say beening a long time Mets fan and the Philles all ready having our number the last few years is thank god Philly didn't keep Cliff Lee this season.....I could just imagine Philly coming to NY and facing Halladay and Lee in a series......ssshhhhhweeeee it's gonna be hard enough to beat Philly anyway so I'm glad Lee went to Seattle. And it seems the Mets are still in negotations with Jason Bay and I'm hoping they coin up and get him in a jersey and make him a Met for the next 5 years. I was so disgusting watching these Mets last year with all the injuries but if they add Bay and get healthy then maybe a wildcard could happen......it will be hard to beat the Philles(in the east) unless they suffer injuries like the Mets last year. The Mets still need pitching Johan Santana only goes every 5th day so we gotta land somebody.....maybe a Derek Lowe for 1 year or something.......anything helps

Also John Lackey signed a big deal with Boston. And Hideki Matsui goes to the Angels

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I was kind of hoping that jason would feel some national pride and want to come to the Jays, but the only way, that would ever happen, is that they only have Bay under contract and no one else lol

I like Jason, I am envious of any team that gets him

It's always like NY,LA, Chicago,Boston all the bigger cities have these $150-$200+ million dollar team yearly saleries,,,,,,I like it when somebody like Minnesota and smaller market teams competeing with the big boys. Baseball can defiantly be unfair without a salary cap....but I guess if these hi market teams can afford it then why not coin up to win if your still bringing in revenue. I would like to see a cap just like football.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
A cap would be nice

But then it turns into another work stoppage for that to happen, hate to see that man

Yup Halladay is gone...now what do I do with all my Halladay clothes lol, I guess I needs a Philly Halladay shirt now. I am a Jays fan, but a fan of players as well. Halladay will always be a favorite of mine.

Another interesting signing is what the Red Sox have in John Lackey, another Ace for the staff. Add Lester and Beckett, and these guys have a great 123. Let alone Mike Cameron, whom I have had in fantasy lineups over years past, will add some depth and leadership to the clubhouse

Styles P

man im happy and all about halladay but im gonna miss cliff lee his swag alone was un matchable. especially after hearing cliffs comments about it saying how he thought he was gonna retire hear and all i feel like the dude got shafted by the phillies. he was unbeatable in the playoffs last year. philly will miss you clifford and we'll always be a fan.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I think Cliff Lee was wanting a King's Rasom to re-sign in Philly and the Phillies could get Halladay to re-sign cheaper than Cliff Lee and decided to get the guy they REALLY wanted Halladay and pulled the trigger for the trade. Philly tried to work out a contract with Lee but said he wanted a salary in comparision to the top payed pitchers in the league......I dunno Lee was good in Philly and Halladay is supposed to even better and philly reallly wanted Halladay. Beenin a Mets fan I just thank god Philly don't have Lee and Halladay in there rotation lol

Styles P

yeah but lee said he didnt want cc money in his comments but who knows what happend. anyway i really hope cole hamels can get his shit together. hes still young he will get his stuff together hell 2 yrs ago lee had a 6. era. and we will still own the mets without lee lol.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea the Phillies have had the Mets number for sure the past 3-4 yrs No doubt. And the Santana vs Halladay when that happens will definatly be the 2 best pitchers in the league going at it!!!!! I give credit when it's dew and the Phillies have put together a great team and have a good hard nose manager......I just hope the calavary gets healthy and can at least compete with Philly....I've rode the Mets ship forever and it's sunk a few times but I'm still a fan and will be forever.....and if your a long time philly fan you've also endured some bad teams also. Phiilies are definatly gonna be the favorite or 1 of to go to the series.

Hey StylesP are you glad Iverson is back????? I always liked A.I. and he was a warrior

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
yeah but lee said he didnt want cc money in his comments but who knows what happend. anyway i really hope cole hamels can get his shit together. hes still young he will get his stuff together hell 2 yrs ago lee had a 6. era. and we will still own the mets without lee lol.

Yea but wouldn't it have been nice to have Halladay and Lee for the 1 year left on Lee's contract.....then Philly would really have a shot at taking down the Yankee's and there 300 million dollar salary. Halladay,Lee,Hamels would have been insane. And now that Boston got John Lackey there pitching staff is gonna be good...especially if DiceK is healthy.

My power rankings
1. Yankees
2. Red Sox
3. Phillies
4. Cardinals
5. Angels 5b Dodgers

Sleepers in small markets that always compete
Twins
A's
:xmastree:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Finally some action......Last week I was thinking it wasn't gonna happen but finally the Mets have cashed in and signed Jason Bay to a 4 year 66 million dollar deal.....A little over 16 mil a year really seems like a deal for a top outfielder in there prime. I know Matt Holiday is asking for almost $20 million per year and I'll take Jason Bay anyday over Matt Holiday especially for $16 mil per year. I just hope the Mets luck turns around and Bay doesn't get injuried in spring training or something freakish that usually hits the mets with injuries. I also hear the Mets are talking to Pedro Martinez again lol.......I dunno the mets definatly need pitching but YOUNGER please. Still IF and its a big IF all the players come back from there injuries and the mets pick up more starting pitching them we will compete with the Phillies. Reyes,Beltran,Delegado,Bay,Wright.....when all are healthy good luck. The bullpen is strong with K-Rod and some decent middle releif pitchers....but the big thing is starting pitchers.....I mean Johan Santana can only take you so far. Last year was a fluke with all the injuries and the mets should hang with Philly in the east this year....not sure if the Philles can be beat....but the mets are definatly trying by adding the huge bat of Jason Bay!!!!!!!! Hopefully the offseason signings pick up now

Dr Dog

Veteran
yup, congrats to the mets for picking up a stud, kind of makes me wonder why he would not want to sign with the sox, probably something behind the scenes, that is not public

The sox are a legendary team, and a dream for a lot of players to play for, kind of curious why someone would not want to play there, and with the green monster, I am sure even I can hit .300 hitting it off the wall

what about my Reds signing the cuban kid....lefty thrower...atrois chapman? or something like that....if Edinson has a great rehab and keeps improving then the Reds have a great staff. Seems like Bronson and Aaron H might be the odd men out.

Dr Dog

Veteran
yeah the Reds have a great young staff going

Possibly taking a page from Tampa Bay

I would love to see Toronto take a page from them and get their own young stud pitchers like Garza and Price

problem with teams like the Reds and Rays and Blue jays are that once a prospect establishes himself for a year or 2, you might as well say goodbye to him.....Us low maeket teams rely on youngsters comming into their own a little faster than most so we can have them on the cheap....then we trade them for more prspects hoping to get the same flow going.....I hate it.

I dont hate how the low market teams are doing it.....I respect that..I hate that we are FORCED to trade those players. Baseball is the only sport that I see not being around in 20 years if it continues this way.

Latest posts

Latest posts