What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you live in a Legal Cannabis State and are unhappy post here!

budtang

You're a pussy just for asking, at least by your own macho standards. Don't need no steenking state approval, remember?

I'm a pussy because I want to help out underfunded schools????

I'm a pussy because I want the ability to call the fire department and put out a fire that may spread and harm my neighbors?????

shaggyballs

Veteran
Sounds great, except that there is no monopoly in CO. Hundreds, if not thousands of licenses have been issued. A partial list, expanding all the time-

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellit...goBlobs&blobwhere=1252020201650&ssbinary=true

Of course Agritek wants a piece of it. Their angle on the business exists outside the licensing system entirely, requiring only local approval, not state. They're not in the marijuana business per se, not at all from a legal perspective.Are you serious the company themselves state they are poised to grab a big chunk of the legal cannabis biz. how did you not see that part?/ Lessees who are in the business need to be state licensed.
Who do you pay to get a license?
I know stuff like that just can not happen in CO.

It is, of course, impossible for them to monopolize grow space in CO or any of the other services they offer.
You keep saying you have a bulletproof vest..Hope it holds.

I refuse to debate with someone who refuses to validate real life facts with a statement from the company themselves!

The company themselves state publicly on the news they are going to do it and you casually explain to me that this is simply not true.

I will now un-subcribe from the second thread I started due to insane and irrational behavior by the one called Jhhnn.

The threads have a tendency to go to shit when Jhhnn enters your thread just check it out for your self.

If you read his post history it will speak for it's self.
You will see he is the real troll!
If he is so happy currently in oblivion...why is he in a thread asking you to post if you are unhappy.

What is your motivation Jhhnn.
Most stoners need motivation to get off the couch.
And you were sure passionate about destroying this and my other thread,like you had something personal to gain.
Do you owns stocks...yes you said so yourself...could they be related....make me wonder....again what is your motivation for such a passionate campaign, that you can let truth slap you in the face and just say to yourself that was not the truth...only I (Jhhnn) can state what truth really is.

Good luck with this guy
Those who think this is hot air..look it up for yourselves.
Even better buy some stock this is going to be a big operation.
100 acre greenhouse.....no monopoly there...Jhhnn if you fall for this you will fall for anything.

shaggys movin on!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran

I refuse to debate with someone who refuses to validate real life facts with a statement from the company themselves!

The company themselves state publicly on the news they are going to do it and you casually explain to me that this is simply not true.

I will now un-subcribe from the second thread I started due to insane and irrational behavior by the one called Jhhnn.

The threads have a tendency to go to shit when Jhhnn enters your thread just check it out for your self.

If he is so happy currently in oblivion...why is he in a thread asking you to post if you are unhappy.

And you were sure passionate about destroying this and my other thread,like you had something personal to gain.
Do you owns stocks...yes you said so yourself...could they be related....make me wonder....again what is your motivation for such a passionate campaign, that you can let truth slap you in the face and just say to yourself that was not the truth...only I (Jhhnn) can state what truth really is.

Good luck with this guy
100 acre greenhouse.....no monopoly there...Jhhnn if you fall for this you will fall for anything.

shaggys movin on!

Shaggy,
Lets say for one moment this is true, Monsanto Gold is going to be produced by the ton in every legal place they can. So will you buy it? Will any of your friends buy it? Do you know anyone that will buy it? I would not buy it. I guess I am saying it does not matter how much they grow, what matters is if the consumers will buy it, and I doubt they will, so it will fail unless they can sell it. Supply and demand it is pretty simple. And do I need to point out that Monsanto/AGTK are not growers of Cannabis? Neither are or have been yet. I have no idea of the Monsanto/AGTK relationship, if one exists does Monsanto own AGTK?
Now back to if I think it is true, no way.....
Get back to me after Monsanto have made a public announcement that they will breed and grow Cannabis, or even better after they have sold their first gram of Monsanto bred and grown marijuana. Until then it is just talk and talk is cheap.... In fact on the internet mostly it is less then cheap, it is valueless. Remember that Monsanto Cannabis has been announced on the internet a dozen times before over the last decades and every time it has turned out to be wrong or fake. Will the Monsanto Cannabis be GMO? Like in most of the other previous false reports?
Did you know Monsanto also grows organic veggies? They are evil beyond belief....

If you shout does it make it more true? LIKE THIS????
-SamS

Last edited:

budtang

Do you owns stocks...yes you said so yourself...could they be related....make me wonder....again what is your motivation for such a passionate campaign

I'm really starting to question that myself. This guy grows 6 plants in his closet. Yet, he appears to spend time every day coming on these threads to cheer on big wealthy investors as if they're saints and accusing residential growers of being the greedy profiteers.

I find it hard to believe his small state "we don't like your kind round here" mentality is the actual motive here. I'm guessing this guy has friends/family members in the business at the very least. They're probably dispensary owners. People who stand to lose money if smaller residential growers present serious competition.

This guy has cheered on Monsanto and Burpee for fuck sake. Who the fuck is this guy? Those companies couldn't pay a better spokes person than this asshole.

budtang

Shaggy,
Lets say for one moment this is true, Monsanto Gold is going to be produced by the ton in every legal place they can. So will you buy it? Will any of your friends buy it? Do you know anyone that will buy it? I would not buy it.

You're an experienced cannabis horticulturalist. Of course, you wouldn't buy it. Unfortunately, this industry isn't going to be driven by experienced cannabis horticulturalist. It's going to be driven by Joe Smoker who doesn't know any better. It's going to be driven by people who've never heard of Monsanto.

Hell, this guy Jhhnnn said companies like Monsanto and Burpee would do a great job at preserving cannabis genetics and he's a goddamn member of this forum.

Now back to if I think it is true, no way.....
Get back to me after Monsanto have made a public announcement that they will breed and grow Cannabis, or even better after they have sold their first gram of marijuana. Until then it is just talk and talk is cheap.... In fact on the internet mostly it is less then cheap, it is valueless.
-SamS

That wouldn't happen with a company that size until they legalize federally. You know that. However, what would happen is companies like that would finance other people to be figure heads in the industry before they would officially attach their name to the company.

I suspect this is already happening and is probably the motivation behind restricting residential grow operations in Colorado and Washington. The government wouldn't allow legalization unless their was some corrupt catch to it. Well... here you go.

Jhhnn

Veteran

Good luck with this guy

shaggys movin on!

Sigh. I just offered that ATGK will take whatever part of the biz they can get. I'm sure we agree on that.

I also pointed out that their role in Colorado is limited by law, pointed out that they have enormous competition here even in the grow related services they offer. Monopoly in CO is structurally impossible, quite by design.

Elsewhere? I can't speak to that, other than to reference the first sentence in this post. I'd have to speculate, which is really what you're doing from a conspiracy theorist headset.

It's Chicken Little. If that observation ruins your thread, you might want to reconsider how that's even possible.

budtang

I also pointed out that their role in Colorado is limited by law, pointed out that they have enormous competition here even in the grow related services they offer. Monopoly in CO is structurally impossible, quite by design.

What competition? Monsanto likely wouldn't be involved in whole sale cash cropping. That's not where the money is at for these people. Distribution of genetics in seed form is their area. In that regard there is virtually no competition in Colorado. I think I could count the number of breeders in Colorado on one hand.

Jhhnn

Veteran
What competition? Monsanto likely wouldn't be involved in whole sale cash cropping. That's not where the money is at for these people. Distribution of genetics in seed form is their area. In that regard there is virtually no competition in Colorado. I think I could count the number of breeders in Colorado on one hand.

Well, yeh, except that neither ATGK nor Monsanto can obtain CO licenses to grow marijuana to get seeds, nor can they legally import seeds. Obviously, their lessees & all other licensed growers can produce seed as they see fit. I wouldn't expect to see a whole lot of seed availability in a market of only 5.2M people that's only 7 months old. Certainly not when that need has been served by the larger international market for decades.

Try again. Find some Poo, fling it to see if it'll stick.

budtang

Well, yeh, except that neither ATGK nor Monsanto can obtain CO licenses to grow marijuana to get seeds, nor can they legally import seeds. Obviously, their lessees & all other licensed growers can produce seed as they see fit. I wouldn't expect to see a whole lot of seed availability in a market of only 5.2M people that's only 7 months old. Certainly not when that need has been served by the larger international market for decades.

Earlier, you said Monstanto and Burpee would suffice at preserving cannabis genetics. Now, you're claiming smaller breeders will control that market. Earlier, you said small scale growers can't compete. Yet, now you're saying the big corporations can't compete.

How many times are you going to contradict yourself?

Companies like Monsanto aren't focused on the Colorado market. They're focused on 300 million and beyond. Colorado and Washington are lab rats for these guys. Eliminating competition from residential growers that can produce 10,000 seeds on one plant is a significant part of the process in controlling the cannabis gene pool. Commercial operations focused on supplying their store fronts with bud aren't focused on producing seeds. Monsanto doesn't look at those guys as competition at all. They look at those guys as potential future customers of their cannabis genetics.

Try again. Find some Poo, fling it to see if it'll stick.

The only desperate poo flinger here is you. You'll sling poo that contradicts your previous posts in desperation of defending your most recent post. You've done it multiple times in these threads.

That's how dumb you are.gl

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Earlier, you said Monstanto and Burpee would suffice at preserving cannabis genetics. Now, you're claiming smaller breeders will control that market. Earlier, you said small scale growers can't compete. Yet, now you're saying the big corporations can't compete.

How many times are you going to contradict yourself?

Companies like Monsanto aren't focused on the Colorado market. They're focused on 300 million and beyond. Colorado and Washington are lab rats for these guys. Eliminating competition from residential growers that can produce 10,000 seeds on one plant is a significant part of the process in controlling the cannabis gene pool. Commercial operations focused on supplying their store fronts with bud aren't focused on producing seeds. Monsanto doesn't look at those guys as competition at all. They look at those guys as potential future customers of their cannabis genetics.

The only desperate poo flinger here is you. You'll sling poo that contradicts your previous posts in desperation of defending your most recent post. You've done it multiple times in these threads.

That's how dumb you are.gl

First of all if you stick to the subject it would be nice, second if you insist on name calling I will have the all the BS posts from you both deleted.

Stick to the issue don't make it personal, like or why you are happy or unhappy in a Legal Cannabis State.

Monsanto can't be the reason as there is no Monsanto weed, at least not yet, that is the truth. You can have fears about Monsanto, have fears that Monsanto weed is just around the corner, or even worse, but it is not here. Don't you think there are enough real problems with Cannabis and the world to be so focused on what that may never come to be?
Pick a real problem and solve that, then when you face Monsanto weed, if you ever do you, you will be prepared to fight it in a way maybe you can, win instead of just sounding like chicken little, or maybe Joseph R. McCarthy.
I understand your hate and fear of Monsanto, but we should be talking about real things, that we can effect, not maybe gonna be real someday important problems?
Or is Monsanto more important then Cannabis in your mind? Not in mine, I never think about them, I do not buy anything to do with them, simple.
As for Cannabis it is on my mind constantly, and while I do live in a semi-legal Cannabis state (The Netherlands) for small amounts, I am not so happy with the recent events the Conservatives have done to Cannabis here, it is still better then before the Cannabis tolerance here.
In the USA we need to change the Federal Schedule 1 status down to schedule 5 or none and allow science to research and understand Cannabis, that is what will speed up the changes we all want.
If alcohol is not classified and on the 1-5 Schedule that the feds make for controlled substances is ridiculous that Cannabis is, as alcohol kills thousand directly and indirectly every year, And Cannabis does not.
Not that I expect the Feds to act reasonably or with logic.
-SamS

monsoon

In addition, AGTK executed a long-term non-federal water rights contract for 10 years, which gives it a distinct advantage in attracting tenants.

All water rights in Colorado are State controlled. the Feds have nothing to do with it. Sounds important though, now doesn't it?

Like so many other lofty ideas and plans we've heard of here over the last 15 years...time will tell if it's smoke and mirrors or if they truly have something folks should be worrying about going on.

Thanks for the links

monsoon

Not in the slightest? Every breeder on here who is growing out of their residence is a

Closet hack....NOT a real breeder like Shanti who peruses warehouses full of plants to make selections and has a long term plan for their cannabis creations. Real "Breeders" don't work from "residences". (especially mom's house)

What you are promoting are closet hacks. The people who PEE IN THE CANNABIS gene pool and have no clue WTF they are truly doing. They just grab a hyped clone, STS it, and call themselves a "breeder" (logic).

Just think if every house had an "expert" cannabis horticulturist like we read here (no name need be given) far too many times... "making crosses". (you guys love autos and hermies, right?)

What a clusterfuck of a shitshow that would be.

budtang

First of all if you stick to the subject it would be nice, second if you insist on name calling I will have the all the BS posts from you both deleted.

I am sticking to the subject.

Stick to the issue don't make it personal

How is it not personal when he accuses guys like me of being mass profiteers when time and time again guys like me have proposed a system that would force us to make less money? It's been demonstrate multiple times that I'm not profiteering at all, but exactly the opposite.

Yet, I still have to listen to accusations of being greedy. As long as I get FALSELY accused and personally insulted with statements like that I'm going to return with the same.

, like or why you are happy or unhappy in a Legal Cannabis State.

I'm unhappy because restrictions on residential growing allow companies like Monsanto and Phillip Morris to move in and take over the industry with laws before they ever get involved. Everything I've said is spot on to the subject of the thread Sam.

Where did you start growing? Did you start off in a commercial warehouse space that cost $1,000,000? Or, did you start in a residential operation and build from there?

Monsanto can't be the reason as there is no Monsanto weed, at least not yet, that is the truth. You can have fears about Monsanto, have fears that Monsanto weed is just around the corner, or even worse, but it is not here.

It doesn't matter if it isn't here right now Sam. The laws are already in place for companies like that to hijack cannabis genetics. This is precisely the reason why these companies are buying property in cultivation states. Assuming these companies are going to get into the industry isn't some far fetched idea in the unforeseen future.

It's very very real.

As for Cannabis it is on my mind constantly, and while I do live in a semi-legal Cannabis state (The Netherlands) for small amounts, I am not so happy with the recent events the Conservatives have done to Cannabis here, it is still better then before the Cannabis tolerance here.
In the USA we need to change the Federal Schedule 1 status down to schedule 5 or none and allow science to research and understand Cannabis, that is what will speed up the changes we all want.

You can change all that and it still won't change the fact that a residential grow operation are still illegal in Washington and highly restricted in Colorado. Until you change that, people will still go to jail for cultivating cannabis.

If alcohol is not classified and on the 1-5 Schedule that the feds make for controlled substances is ridiculous that Cannabis is, as alcohol kills thousand directly and indirectly every year, And Cannabis does not.
Not that I expect the Feds to act reasonably or with logic.

People are still going to prison for producing moonshine alcohol. Taking it off the 1-5 Schedule will accomplish fuck all in dealing with the real problems surrounding cannabis. Which, is serious legal issues faced by growers and distributors. Not minor possession charges. Which, is about the only problem this legalization system solves.

People will still go to prison for cultivating weed in Washington and Colorado because of the restrictions on residential growing. No amount of rescheduling the drug will change that Sam.

budtang

Closet hack....NOT a real breeder like Shanti who peruses warehouses full of plants

1. Shanti didn't start in a warehouse. You act like this guy dropped $1,000,000 on a warehouse and hit the ground running. Lulz

2. OG Kush wasn't created in a warehouse, or on a farm. It was created on a grassroots scale by unknown growers chucking polin and they got lucky. Not massive breeders. It's far superior to anything Shanti, or any other large scale European breeder has produced.

3. I would take anything from Subcool (breeds in a 4 bedroom house) over Shanti any day. Are you aware that Subcool is successfully operating out of a house? Obviously not.

to make selections and has a long term plan for their cannabis creations.don't work from "residences

Actually, there are numerous breeders who successfully do just that on residential scale.

What you are promoting are closet hacks. The people who PEE IN THE CANNABIS gene pool and have no clue WTF they are truly doing.

You're right. OG Kush was a total dilution of the cannabis gene pool. lulz

They just grab a hyped clone, STS it, and call themselves a Just think if every house had an "expert" cannabis horticulturist like we read here (no name need be given) far too many times... "making crosses". (you guys love autos and hermies, right?)

What a clusterfuck of a shitshow that would be.

That's precisely what cannabis breeding has revolved around for the past 3 decades. It's been a grassroots industry this entire time. You think every breeder started out in a $1,000,000 warehouse, or on a huge farm? No. They started in residential operations and some of them are still successful in residential operations. Literally, everything you said here has been factually proven false over the past 3 decades.

This notion you have that you must have a large scale operation to effectively breed is a myth promoted by large scale breeders who want you to believe that myth so you'll buy their product over a guy in his house producing a superior product.

Here are guys that monsoon believes are hack breeders:

DJ Short

TGA Seeds

Serious Seeds

OG Raskal

The list goes on.

: )

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I am sticking to the subject.

How is it not personal when he accuses guys like me of being mass profiteers when time and time again guys like me have proposed a system that would force us to make less money? It's been demonstrate multiple times that I'm not profiteering at all, but exactly the opposite.

Yet, I still have to listen to accusations of being greedy. As long as I get FALSELY accused and personally insulted with statements like that I'm going to return with the same.

I'm unhappy because restrictions on residential growing allow companies like Monsanto and Phillip Morris to move in and take over the industry with laws before they ever get involved. Everything I've said is spot on to the subject of the thread Sam.

Where did you start growing? Did you start off in a commercial warehouse space that cost $1,000,000? Or, did you start in a residential operation and build from there?

It doesn't matter if it isn't here right now Sam. The laws are already in place for companies like that to hijack cannabis genetics. This is precisely the reason why these companies are buying property in cultivation states. Assuming these companies are going to get into the industry isn't some far fetched idea in the unforeseen future.

It's very very real.

You can change all that and it still won't change the fact that a residential grow operation are still illegal in Washington and highly restricted in Colorado. Until you change that, people will still go to jail for cultivating cannabis.

People are still going to prison for producing moonshine alcohol. Taking it off the 1-5 Schedule will accomplish fuck all in dealing with the real problems surrounding cannabis. Which, is serious legal issues faced by growers and distributors. Not minor possession charges. Which, is about the only problem this legalization system solves.

People will still go to prison for cultivating weed in Washington and Colorado because of the restrictions on residential growing. No amount of rescheduling the drug will change that Sam.

They go to prison for planing to sell unregulated with no taxes, that is the real issue with the feds.
As for name calling I do not care if they deserve it or not in your mind, if you were insulted falsely or not, return the insults and you sink to their level, so stop it or lose your posts, real simple.
I will have the same done to anyone, no excuses.
Make a complaint to a moderator if you think another poster is out of line. You acting as bad as another is no cure.
-SamS

monsoon

I'm not a pussy who requires state approval to grow more than 6 plants. I'm asking for it to help the state, the schools, and prevent audits from the IRS while gaining access to state services such as law enforcement and emergency services for my personal safety.

Whether I get it, or not is entirely irrelevant.

The State of Colorado (you know, "them", "They", etc.) plainly stated, in writing, after experiencing the clown show via A20, that they didn't want folks like you here (the expert cannabis horticulturists with closets who own nothing/have no stake here whatsoever), in rented houses, with your "expert" knowledge, "contributing" to this industry.

Yer not a pussy asking for 6 plants. yer a pussy who can't even grow a veggie garden in their yard WHINING about a system they don't have the game to step into UNLESS someone provides said game FOR THEM. No one is stopping you here. Lotsa folks have more than 6 and are doing as they please here. You just don't live here to see it or know WTF you are talking about...plain and simple. Not everyone cows down and does what they are told...even here..in the State of Pussies with paltry 6 plant grows... :laughing:

But keep talkin. You are sizable entertainment for many here.

monsoon

I don't see the point in bitching about immigration to your state after you legalize a substance that has been popular for decades. Are you fucking idiots surprised that people are moving to your state? What the fuck did you think was going to happen?

That's like opening the best BBQ joint in town and telling everyone to fuck off when they show up to eat.

LOL...you see no point in bitching...since when? What you do...aka whine constantly about the LAWS here that were voted on BY THE PEOPLE...is like showing up at the BBQ and telling the OWNER...just after you tell him his BBQ SUCKS....that he needs to set up a "special" table just for you so you can SHOW HIM HOW BBQ IS COOKED....from afar...of course.

Talk about a fuckin idiot. It's no wonder nobody wants yer kind here. Nothing to offer but a mouth that runs constantly, spewing inaccuracies about a system you know little to nothing about.

budtang

They go to prison for planing to sell unregulated with no taxes, that is the real issue with the feds.
As for name calling I do not care if they deserve it or not in your mind, if you were insulted falsely or not, return the insults and you sink to their level, so stop it or lose your posts, real simple.
I will have the same done to anyone, no excuses.
Make a complaint to a moderator if you think another poster is out of line. You acting as bad as another is no cure.
-SamS

You still didn't answer the question, Sam.

Did you first start growing weed in a residence, or a commercial operation in warehouse?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
1. Shanti didn't start in a warehouse 2. OG Kush wasn't created in a warehouse, or on a farm. It was created on a grassroots scale by unknown growers chucking polin and they got lucky. Not massive breeders. It's far superior to anything Shanti, or any other large scale European breeder has produced.

OGKush, that is your example? I really don't like Kush, Indica, and a whole lot more that maybe you like and think is so good. Who bred OG Kush? I have no idea. If they got lucky, is that what you think is breeding?

3. I would take anything from Subcool (breeds in a 4 bedroom house) over Shanti any day. Are you aware that Subcool is successfully operating out of a house? Obviously not. Actually, there are numerous breeders who successfully do just that. You're right. OG Kush was a total dilution of the cannabis gene pool. That's precisely what cannabis breeding has revolved around for the past 3 decades. It's been a grassroots industry this entire time. You think every breeder started out in a $1,000,000 warehouse, or huge farm? No. They started in residential operations and some of them are still successful in residential operations. Literally, everything you said here has been factually proven false over the past 2 decades.gl

Well as the expert on genetics and breeding next time I have a hard question to answer or solve maybe I should just ask you? Or Subcool?
No offense Subcool....
At least Shanti was smart enough to use good genetics (mine) in 75% of "his" varieties. Great....
BTW there are a very small handful of real breeders that understand genetics and know what they are doing, all the rest are mostly making money, and did not have the ability, time or inclination to take the educational classes needed to really understand plant breeding genetics. And now a days you will need a molecular biology back round to really understand the game.
-SamS