Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LED vertical scrog

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by packerfan79 View Post
    Is it only 1 boot?
    One is all that is needed unless you are a mormon.
    sigpic

    Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




    Vertical Scrogg
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

    LED vertical scrog
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

    From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

    Comment


      Originally posted by Ichabod Crane View Post
      One is all that is needed unless you are a mormon.
      Your wife must be slow, I could never catch my wife limping around with 1 boot on. Just 1 wife, and 3 kids so not mormon. Those broads are homely as fuck, almost like they shop at unc's local Walmart

      Comment


        Originally posted by packerfan79 View Post
        Your wife must be slow, I could never catch my wife limping around with 1 boot on. Just 1 wife, and 3 kids so not mormon. Those broads are homely as fuck, almost like they shop at unc's local Walmart
        Well the boot is used after the club. I have just been making the whole boot thing up more than it really is. I could not do it with out the club really.
        sigpic

        Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




        Vertical Scrogg
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

        LED vertical scrog
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

        From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

        Comment


          Originally posted by Ichabod Crane View Post
          Well the boot is used after the club. I have just been making the whole boot thing up more than it really is. I could not do it with out the club really.
          I thought I was supposed to use the boot when I "put my foot down." Club then boot got it, now.

          Comment


            First I will start with the stretch picture. This is after 5 days of stretch. After this picture I moved the wire up to the top.



            I also moved the light setup up by 5 inches. I took out these ratchet hangers.



            By putting these clips in I gained that 5 inches.



            While doing this I had to be careful not to hit the fan. It was a very tight fit between the lights and the fan. I ended up turning the fan off to be safe. I am sure Unc thinks I was to cautious since he rides with recalled bike parts. But I am a sissy I guess.

            sigpic

            Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




            Vertical Scrogg
            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

            LED vertical scrog
            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

            From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

            Comment


              Yesterday was day 23 of flower. I took a picture of the stretch and it was maybe a quarter inch. Here is the picture of where I set the wire to the day before yesterday.



              And here is the stretch from yesterday. Not much stretch.



              Looks like the stretch is just about over. So now I will be pulling buds out from behind the leaves. I will also tuck the leaves behind any bud. In addition I will gently bend some buds down and away from the screen. I do this where there are several buds clustered and I can nor pull them in front without blocking another cola.

              This plant tends toward being geotrophic verses phototrophic. By this I mean it tends to grow away from gravity. Phototrophic means it grows towards the light. With phottrophic plants I dont bend them down because they will do it them selves.

              Here is a picture of a cola I pulled to the front of the leaves. You can see the leaves are light colored. I pointed to them with the red arrow. The blue arrow points to one that was not behind any leaves.

              Both are at the same height and should be about the same size. But the one I pulled out is only about 3/4's of the size of the one in the light. The leaves are also smaller. I still have 7 weeks to have the smaller one catch up. So over the next few days I will move things around since stretch is about over.

              sigpic

              Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




              Vertical Scrogg
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

              LED vertical scrog
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

              From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

              Comment


                I like that ceiling mounted slide pipe.

                Comment


                  Interesting explanation of geotrophic verses phototrophic. Thanx. I was curious why my plant continued growing straight up instead of growing toward the light when I placed it in front.
                  BOOCOO’S DIARY
                  https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368192

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Boocoodinkydow View Post
                    Interesting explanation of geotrophic verses phototrophic. Thanx. I was curious why my plant continued growing straight up instead of growing toward the light when I placed it in front.
                    There is more to the definition but This is what you need here. Roots are geotrophic but they are positive were as this plant is negative so it grows away from gravity.
                    sigpic

                    Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
                    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




                    Vertical Scrogg
                    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

                    LED vertical scrog
                    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

                    From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
                    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

                    Comment


                      Yesterday I took some photo's of the grow. I know shocker right?

                      Well I got a picture of the stretch for 2 days. It is not very much. The wire was placed in that spot 2 days ago. It looks like stretch has just about ended.



                      It looks like about 1 quarter inch over 2 days.

                      I also took a picture of the buds at the tip of two colas. If you remember I posted a picture yesterday with a cola I pulled out and a cola that had been in the light all along. I took a picture of these colas.

                      Here is the bud from the shaded bud. It is smaller and not as dense as the other bud. It looks to be about 5/8's of a inch in diameter.



                      Here is the bud from the cola tip that has been in the light all along. It is about 1 inch in diameter. It is also denser.



                      Last is a picture of a leaf I removed to expose some buds to more light. I could not tuck this bud so I removed it. It is one of the leaves I did not trim of when this plant went into flower. You can see some of the nute issues I had in the beginning on this leaf. So not upset that I could not save it.

                      sigpic

                      Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




                      Vertical Scrogg
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

                      LED vertical scrog
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

                      From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

                      Comment


                        I have all my ferts in now. I have Jack's 5-12-26, Masterblend 4-18-38, and Chemgro 4-20-39.







                        In addition I have Yara calcium nitrate.



                        I will also be using Epson salts and Drip Clean.



                        Sorry I doint have a picture of the Epson Salt.
                        sigpic

                        Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




                        Vertical Scrogg
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

                        LED vertical scrog
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

                        From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

                        Comment


                          Well I did the deed today. My plants are 3 weeks into flower and the stretch is over. I went in and trimmed up all bud sites that weren’t showing a decent bud already (say 15-20 pistils). This ended up being all but the last 2-3 buds on a lot of branches. It felt so wrong to be tearing all of those little budlets off, but I knew it was for the best. I even got a bit on resin on my hands from it. I found a toothpick works really well for scraping out the ones that are still just a small stub. On Wednesday I’ll come back and do a nice leaf strip, and double check for any small buds I missed the first time.

                          I realized this has another benefit I didn’t think of until I was actually doing it. It gave me the opportunity to clean up all of those little preflowers at the base of every node. I’m an outdoor grower, and on many occasions those little bastards have been an open door for botrytis. I always have the best intentions to clean them up, but have never implemented it into my routine. Thanks again for that little tid bit!
                          A collection of Chunky’s Bagseeds

                          Hookahhead's Worm Farm!

                          Harvesting and Processing Neem

                          Monkey Shit (Jamaican bagseed)

                          Winogradsky Columns

                          Comment


                            Hey Bro.....I gotta say that as many yrs that I`ve been around all the forums , your threads are far more than just ….threads.....jus sayin......blow by blow , in depth tutorials on howta actually do it with results of each procedure documented and pointed out.....no wonder you got so many rep points Ick.....Respect.....now.....

                            Since I`ve preached for yrs and yrs about stretch being scientifically proven to be 40% of the flower cycle , when I saw you tag the plants on the 18th of Nov thru the 16th of Dec/today , I knew you`d run this strain before cuz look where the wire is after 28 days stretch on a 70 day strain , as in 4 weeks stretch on a 10 week strain , as in 40% stretch almost to a T......now.....

                            The swellage begins......and hey….wanna work the plants ?.....slide lights back on the pipes.....stoner ingenuity.....aight....nuff outta me this day.....Keep strokin and thanks for your time...…

                            Peace.....DHF...… ……..
                            Knowledge is power.....Adapt or perish....

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Hookahhead View Post
                              Well I did the deed today. My plants are 3 weeks into flower and the stretch is over. I went in and trimmed up all bud sites that weren’t showing a decent bud already (say 15-20 pistils). This ended up being all but the last 2-3 buds on a lot of branches. It felt so wrong to be tearing all of those little budlets off, but I knew it was for the best. I even got a bit on resin on my hands from it. I found a toothpick works really well for scraping out the ones that are still just a small stub. On Wednesday I’ll come back and do a nice leaf strip, and double check for any small buds I missed the first time.

                              I realized this has another benefit I didn’t think of until I was actually doing it. It gave me the opportunity to clean up all of those little preflowers at the base of every node. I’m an outdoor grower, and on many occasions those little bastards have been an open door for botrytis. I always have the best intentions to clean them up, but have never implemented it into my routine. Thanks again for that little tid bit!
                              I hope that works out for you. I very rarely take buds in flower. I do it at the beginning and have very little to do during flower.

                              I do take suckers during flower. A lot of people dont know what a sucker is so I took a picture last night. This is one of three suckers I have taken from these three plants.



                              This as well as the other two suckers were from behind the screen. If you do your pruning in the beginning correctly you will not have any of these or very few.

                              Now what makes this a sucker. Well for one it is behind the screen and can not be moved into the light. So it will sit there doing nothing but sucking up nutrients and produce nothing.

                              Second is that you can see it does not meet my size requirement for the stem. It is a tiny stem coming off the main. Remember I want it at least a quarter of the diameter of the stem it comes from.

                              Last is the size of the bud compared to the others. In this next photo I show the tip bud of this sucker to the tip bud of a average bud that I will keep on this plant.



                              This bud will never fill in. It is just to far behind the others and shaded. So I took it off so that any growth it would take will go instead to the better producing bud sites.
                              sigpic

                              Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




                              Vertical Scrogg
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

                              LED vertical scrog
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

                              From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by DunHav`nFun View Post
                                Hey Bro.....I gotta say that as many yrs that I`ve been around all the forums , your threads are far more than just ….threads.....jus sayin......blow by blow , in depth tutorials on howta actually do it with results of each procedure documented and pointed out.....no wonder you got so many rep points Ick.....Respect.....now.....

                                Since I`ve preached for yrs and yrs about stretch being scientifically proven to be 40% of the flower cycle , when I saw you tag the plants on the 18th of Nov thru the 16th of Dec/today , I knew you`d run this strain before cuz look where the wire is after 28 days stretch on a 70 day strain , as in 4 weeks stretch on a 10 week strain , as in 40% stretch almost to a T......now.....

                                The swellage begins......and hey….wanna work the plants ?.....slide lights back on the pipes.....stoner ingenuity.....aight....nuff outta me this day.....Keep strokin and thanks for your time...…

                                Peace.....DHF...… ……..
                                Thanks DHF. I got a lot from your posts when I first started. My first couple posts were nothing spectacular.

                                If I am going to do a thread I want it to show as much as I can to help as many as I can. I get less questions in my private messages. If I can help someone once only then I have to answer it again and again. So a thread is the best way to help as many people as I can. That way when I am busy and can not reply I dont come off as a dick.

                                On my vert scrog thread I didnt go into enough depth and I received a lot of questions on trimming and pruning. So that is why another thread on vert scrog.

                                As popular as my vert scrog thread was I still got more 5 star ratings on my 13 week scrog thread. That rating system is one of the best features on the site in my opinion. It sifts out the chaff and brings the best threads to the top. I wish more of the new people knew this and is why I post about it all the time. It would save so much time for new growers. And my point is that you and many others agree I do have some good threads. Based on the star ratings that is. And I thank those who have rated me so high.

                                Now that tag I put on is for me to judge where I am at in my grow. It is so easy to forget when they went in or when they will be done. Like you said I have grown this strain many times. The stretch ended a day ago but my tag is dated for today.

                                So today is my date to look for any suckers and trim them off. It is a guide for me to know this when I am busy. It is a hard date. By that I mean I need to have the suckers gone today or tomorrow or I start loosing yield. As you have seen I have been trimming suckers and moving things around already. So I use that date to make sure I am aware of where I am in the growth cycle. It is also much easier than getting a calendar all the time.

                                You can see here on the tag my important dates. First is the day I started flower. Second is the trim date to get rid of suckers. And finally is the harvest date. All the important dates figured out and easy to find. Truthfully I can take this plant at day 67 or 68. But 70 days is easier to determine on a calendar.



                                And again thank you DHF for what you have done for me and many others here. I do my threads to give back to the site for what I have gotten from it. A thread takes a lot of time for me so I dont do many so I best make the most out of it.
                                sigpic

                                Current thread Karma Genetics Chem Tini and Rado Z testers
                                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376104




                                Vertical Scrogg
                                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

                                LED vertical scrog
                                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368036

                                From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
                                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X