What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First try and recycling

C

CC_2U

PC

I found this for you on this product........

Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center
RESEARCH-EXTENTION ANALYTICAL LABORATORY
Analysis of Soils, Plants, Feeds, and Sludge’s

The results of the analyses of your samples of oyster shell:

Phosphorous (ug/g)* 195
Potassium (ug/g) 393
Calcium (ug/g) 400,000
Magnesium (ug/g) 2190
Iron (ug/g) 2065
Zinc (ug/g) 4
Copper (ug/g) < 0.7
Manganese (ug/g) 643
Boron (ug/g) 13
Molybdenum (ug/g) 1
Lead (ug/g) 10
Chromium (ug/g) 2
Cadmium (ug/g) < 1
Nickel (ug/g) 2
Cobalt (ug/g) < 0.3
Aluminum (ug/g) 2400
Sodium (ug/g) 1920
Strontium (ug/g) 1080
Barium (ug/g) 22
Vanadium (ug/g) 5
Beryllium (ug/g) 0.3
Mercury (ug/g) 1.5
Tin (ug/g) < 3.3

* ug/g = parts per million on a dry weight basis.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
great thread PC! regardless of over-vegging for your space it seems clear that your recycling experiment worked! thanks for sharing.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
great thread PC! regardless of over-vegging for your space it seems clear that your recycling experiment worked! thanks for sharing.

Thank you and thanks to CC for posting the information on the oyster shell.

update: 4 weeks into flowering

I'm losing a lot of lower leafs which always seems to happen early- to mid-flower whenever I have tall plants in my setup. I'm really not sure if it is lack of sufficient air circulation, a lack of sufficient light deep in the canopy, or senescence. In any event the tops seem to develop fine.

Pine

The cab today with the lights out: I've got a few inches between the glass and the tops. In this setup I can actually grow plants right up to the glass without getting any burning or heat stress.
picture.php

One of the pollinated buds: I'm going to have some SSH F2s.
picture.php

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol those plants are funny, like tall palm trees or something. lookin good though, any closer bud shots.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Thanks guys. They do look funny, but there is precedent for this look. Anytime I've grow tall-stretchy sativas they have ended up bare on the bottom two-thirds or so of the plant. Everything just yellows and falls. I assume that it has something to do with the plants' life cycle and the lack of light, rather the plants' nutrition (or lack thereof). If I grow shorter plants, like the one that was harvested before these were put in, I don't lose many leafs.

I'll work on getting a bud shot tomorrow when the lights come back on.

Pine

mad librettist

Veteran
Thanks guys. They do look funny, but there is precedent for this look. Anytime I've grow tall-stretchy sativas they have ended up bare on the bottom two-thirds or so of the plant. Everything just yellows and falls. I assume that it has something to do with the plants' life cycle and the lack of light, rather the plants' nutrition (or lack thereof). If I grow shorter plants, like the one that was harvested before these were put in, I don't lose many leafs.

I'll work on getting a bud shot tomorrow when the lights come back on.

Pine

That happens because the sun is always at high-noon in your cab. In nature, the sun revolves around the earth like the rest of the universe does. Unless Ptolemy is wrong...

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
That happens because the sun is always at high-noon in your cab. In nature, the sun revolves around the earth like the rest of the universe does. Unless Ptolemy is wrong...

This makes sense and squares with observation that outdoor plants, plants growing under-beside vertical bulb, and plants that are spaced wider apart don't drop all their leafs. Of course I don't grow these sorts of plants, but I do see pictures post on the internet.

Pine

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Here is mine after their hair cut, same idea I guess....scrappy

Similar - it looks like I cut out quite a bit more above the defoliation line though.

Pine

SSH 2.1 bud shot: This is the plant on the left in the cab photos. It was the plant that stayed greener and shinier in veg.
picture.php

SSH 2.2 bud shot:
picture.php

bonus shot of my Bocking 14
picture.php

mad librettist

Veteran
oh, sorry, the screen front left just got harvested in that pic.

other plants are spilling over.

most of my growth just fell off where the light did not reach.

I do prune anything that looks like a small bud branch. I'm after buds you need to keep in a pasta jar.

mad librettist

Veteran
well most of the time they are fully veged onto the screen in the veg room. But since it's crowded for the next couple weeks, this one just got thrown in with no help. Mad Lib can be a dick!

picture.php

The plant back left is done in 8 days or so, and an 8 mile high that is fully vegged is going in its place. It will take precedence over the mandala 1 pictured front left. I have been trying to get him to let some light onto the ground cover, but it's not working out. So that unscrogged plant may represent the future for this flower room.

after that mandala, that quarter room is going to non-cannabis crops.

Scrappy4

Veteran
I figured as much. I'm curious as to how madlib goes about fitting a new plant in. Do he prop the pot up on something to get it even with the others or just put it in low?

Pine

A little wine, a nice dinner, conversation, then he gently slips it in :tiphat:

mad librettist

Veteran
holy shit that plant has big shoes to fill. almost half-pound shoes. too bad the smoke is so week I can smoke an ounce a week of that shit. most definitely not keeping that one~in the rotation!

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
week 6 update

I pulled the tote out of the cab today. I wanted to get some pictures of the buds. Both bud pictures that I posted last week were of SSH 2.2 buds. The SSH 2.1 buds are distinctly different.

These plants are starting to smell pretty strong. The dominant smells are of sandalwood and honey; not quite what I remember from growing these out before.

Anyway....

plants out of the box: The big puffy looking buds in the front are from SSH 2.2 which was the lighter green plant with longer internodes.
picture.php

SSH 2.1 bud: This plant has thin buds that look like they are going to foxtail. I don't think it will be a big yielder.
picture.php

SSH 2.2 bud: Classic puffy sativa buds on this one.
picture.php

Mulch: If you look carefully there are critters.
picture.php