Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    The one additive I plan on running is 1ml per gallon silica blast or similar. Strengthens stems and helps prevent budrot.

    As it turns out, my usual online hydro shop is the least expensive place I could find for the MaxiBloom. They have the 2.2lb buckets for $10.90 US. 166 6g portions in 2.2lb, so 6.5 cents a gallon. $3.25 for 50 gallons.

    At that price, it's almost silly not to add silica to your regime, if nothing else. Beyond that, KoolBloom powder for a boost if you want. Maybe some calmag if you are in coco. Keep it Simple! Good stuff.
    My Threads
    Indoor Vertical Grow Systems 101
    Macro Attack

    Comment


      #47
      It's worth mentioning that when mixing large reservoirs, it is better to measure your powder by weight, than by volume. The volume of powders is subject to alot of variables, and the 1 tsp per gallon measurement may not pan out very accurately with a large batch. When mixing small batches the volume measurement will likely be perfectly fine.
      My Threads
      Indoor Vertical Grow Systems 101
      Macro Attack

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by MyGreenToe View Post
        It's worth mentioning that when mixing large reservoirs, it is better to measure your powder by weight, than by volume. The volume of powders is subject to alot of variables, and the 1 tsp per gallon measurement may not pan out very accurately with a large batch. When mixing small batches the volume measurement will likely be perfectly fine.
        Say true. Ive tested for myself the weight of a LEVEL TEASPOON. It comes out to a point or two over 7 grams.
        I imagine when mixing more than 10 gal. that this may swing the ppms slightly. However....I do know people running whole 55 gal res' with this no problem. They don't even level off their teaspoons...if anything it just gives everything an extra little KICK!

        -Ion

        Hash Oil Cures Cancer

        "Picked up a seed and he said,
        'Here, son it's time for you to grow your own tree.'
        Yes Iya see it...In IonI dream..."

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Ioni Botani View Post
          Say true. Ive tested for myself the weight of a LEVEL TEASPOON. It comes out to a point or two over 7 grams.
          I imagine when mixing more than 10 gal. that this may swing the ppms slightly. However....I do know people running whole 55 gal res' with this no problem. They don't even level off their teaspoons...if anything it just gives everything an extra little KICK!

          -Ion

          *EDIT*
          Please use 7 grams/gal. Not all teaspoons measure the same, so it is highly recommended you go by the weight (7 grams) not the teaspoon.


          You know it bro, my 55 gal rez never has any issues no matter how many gallons I mix at a time.
          I scoop in 10 level table spoons for my usual 30 gal mix, I'm sure it's a gram/two over but it never has an adverse affect.
          It wouldn't hurt to get technical and actually weigh it out...
          Last edited by evlme2; 07-28-2011, 02:15.

          Comment


            #50
            Sweet,it take one step for your program.Whats the thread with twenty two nutrients the kid swears by.lol

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by rick shaw View Post
              Sweet,it take one step for your program.Whats the thread with twenty two nutrients the kid swears by.lol
              Don't know....don't care.

              I'm not doubting it DOES work....

              But to me it's like killing a mosquito with an A-Bomb.

              OVERKILL

              You should see the results with ONLY Maxi. People would shit themselves, and go kill the guy at the Hydro store for selling them all that crap!

              Hash Oil Cures Cancer

              "Picked up a seed and he said,
              'Here, son it's time for you to grow your own tree.'
              Yes Iya see it...In IonI dream..."

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Ioni Botani View Post

                You should see the results with ONLY Maxi. People would shit themselves, and go kill the guy at the Hydro store for selling them all that crap!
                Even after seeing the results some hate to admit it. I was told they felt like they got robbed with out a gun by a 10 year old boy
                The Search For Sizzle

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Ioni Botani View Post
                  People would shit themselves, and go kill the guy at the Hydro store for selling them all that crap!
                  More likely they would only further entrench themselves, convinced the 20 bottles are giving them some magical undefinable edge, since you always "get what you pay for" lol. I swear some brilliant capitalist probably died with laughter from inventing that phrase.
                  My Threads
                  Indoor Vertical Grow Systems 101
                  Macro Attack

                  Comment


                    #54
                    how often do you feed in veg? flower? how often and at what rate do you use the koolbloom? what medium are you using?

                    thanks bro. looks nice and simple!

                    oh yeah i have some potassium silicate. is that similar to silica? its advanced nutes brand.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Good info but why call the thread "the kiss method"? Enough confusion with terms already.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Maybe changing it to "The K.I.S.S. Method: One part Lucas Formula" would clarify things...?
                        My Threads
                        Indoor Vertical Grow Systems 101
                        Macro Attack

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by captinknots View Post
                          how often do you feed in veg? flower? how often and at what rate do you use the koolbloom? what medium are you using?

                          thanks bro. looks nice and simple!

                          oh yeah i have some potassium silicate. is that similar to silica? its advanced nutes brand.
                          I grow in coco so I feed with every water whether in veg or flower, and I water every day.
                          I use the powder KB the last 4 days before I start my two week end of flower flush.
                          None of this is bible, it's merely the way it works me. PK boosters are not mandatory (in fact, Lucas doenst call for any) and other brands can be used.
                          I do know that this Maxibloom recipe works in coco, rockwool, soil and ebb/flo.
                          Can't help you with the silicate question, I've never used any before...

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by MyGreenToe View Post
                            Maybe changing it to "The K.I.S.S. Method: One part Lucas Formula" would clarify things...?
                            As long as we don't have to hear newbies in a few months saying the use the KISS method. KISS is more a grow philosophy and not one method.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Thanks man! coco looks interesting. my garden supply center has 9 lb blocks for $13, and they are supposed to break up to over 2.5 cuft! not quite as cheap as peat (7.8cuft for $23) but im thinking about putting a 4x4 tray i have on the sidelines to use.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by Japanfreakier View Post
                                As long as we don't have to hear newbies in a few months saying the use the KISS method. KISS is more a grow philosophy and not one method.
                                This is the fundamental point.

                                Like Evl said, this isn't the Bible here....it's not dogma, it's a way of life.

                                K.I.S.S. is standing up and saying, "No, I know what the plants need. And it isn't all that bullshit." Imagine if you were a plant, and someone put 20 different bottles of junk in YOUR water. 'Organic' or not...that shit would suck. You can eat a good meal...that fills you up and gives you all the vitamins you need, or just eat fast food and take dietary supplements...
                                KEEP IT SIMPLE STONER!

                                This is the Keep It Simple Stoner thread. Lucas is basically the most simple nute regimen....and MaxiBloom is the most simple form of Lucas. Nuff said.

                                -I

                                Hash Oil Cures Cancer

                                "Picked up a seed and he said,
                                'Here, son it's time for you to grow your own tree.'
                                Yes Iya see it...In IonI dream..."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X