What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

MagicChef

Here's a classic example. Im not working until after my back operation so I've got some time to spare during the day. I wanted MaxiBloom , so I struggled to get into the truck and drive down to the Grow shop. Ive been in there a few times but dont know my way around too well, and certainly dont know the workers. Immediately I see two massive guys in there talking to the guy behing the till, spouting off about how everyone is doing it wrong, their products are the best..yada yada yada. I quietly say, "Sorry to interupt you guys, but do you have any MaxiBloom?" All of them looked at me like I was on fire. " Have you used it before,? he asks. " I dont know ANYONE who is using it. Here I'll tell you what you need." It turns out the two big guys were ADVANCED NUTRIENT reps and were in there to sell some new product. I told them, " I want it easy, the easier the better"
The big guys says to me, " Weve got 15 PHD's working on this stuff you know. Once you mix it all up in your rez, your only looking at like 5-6 bottles. Easy."

Beat it buddy, and give me my F'in MAXIBLOOM!

P

Purple Monster

Mob Boss F2 day 55

mobboss55.jpg

pow.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im sold on this kiss method with maxibloom I read through the whole thread and am going to be converting from amended FF Ocean Forest with all organic nutes to coco with maxibloom! Cant wait its going to be fun. Thanks for the thread guys and also the proof (pics). Awesome also may have to pick up a pack of the mob boss every grow I see with it is super frosty and looks real nice so maybe in my future too but for sure the KISS method is goin down next round!

i think i need some help with this maxibloom im feeding half strength some 1 week old clones and there getting brown and yellow nut defs on the bottom fan leaves.

im growing in botanicare coco 5kg bails drain to waste. the strain is chronic in 8 5 gallon buckets of coco vegging vert with 2 400 watt hps.

i water every 3 to 4 days or untill the top of the coco starts to dry out i water the whole bucket and not just around the stem with alot of run off with a ph of 6.3.

my tap comes out at 125 ppms and im thinking i dont have enough cal or mag. So iv orderd some H&G drip clean and will be adding this to the res.

anyone have any suggestions?

R

Rysam

I've been having to water every day to keep my 24+" full bloom plants happy in coco hempys.

I have had to add some epsom to correct a mag def. on 1 B.C. clone (which is weird in itself,the rest of the cuts from the same plant look fine)

5 tsp MB
3 tsp pro-tekt
5 tsp epsom
mix into 5 gal of tap

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
I've noticed that if I pre-mix in hot water till everything is dissolved before adding to my reservoir I actually get a different pH than if I just mix it in and have some flakes settle at the bottom. This may be obvious to some of you, but I just wanted to make note that this is one significant result of the semi-mysterious flakes being/not-being dissolved.

ph readings will change with water temps.
saw a chart on icmag about this once, it would take me forever and a day to find it tho.
iwon't adjust ph until my temps get to where i like em.
usually can do it a couple hours after i fill the res.

silica won't affect the plants IMO.
unless you consider stronger branching and better resistance to fuck ups a negative affect?
i might use 2-3 ml/g to get my ph to where i want it.

MtnLivin

i think i need some help with this maxibloom im feeding half strength some 1 week old clones and there getting brown and yellow nut defs on the bottom fan leaves.

im growing in botanicare coco 5kg bails drain to waste. the strain is chronic in 8 5 gallon buckets of coco vegging vert with 2 400 watt hps.

i water every 3 to 4 days or untill the top of the coco starts to dry out i water the whole bucket and not just around the stem with alot of run off with a ph of 6.3.

my tap comes out at 125 ppms and im thinking i dont have enough cal or mag. So iv orderd some H&G drip clean and will be adding this to the res.

anyone have any suggestions?

Your PH needs to be between 5.7-6.0 in coco, never any higher.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
last time I grew chronic it liked a decent feed iirc.....

try out 5.8-6.0 for your pH (coco is considered hydro "soilless" if you wanna get fancy). give it some time to adjust. if its still happening after a week I'd say slowly up your feed. Half strength maxi should come in at around 650-700 ppm right?

Rushoe

Ok I am am hooked I wanna try this......But I mess with heavy feeders like chems and og's who here can tell me straight up if this works for heavy feeders like that.I just got done readying this whole thing and didnt see one person using it on a heavy feeder....Also I wanna point out that some said they have ppms of 1300 ??????? That is way to much for a plant thats in veg right????Even my chem d dont like over 1000 ppm for veg so whats the deal with that would I just have to dilute ?????????And when you dilute working with tap do that work to just add more tap or would it have to be ro water????I work with ro water ppl swear that it dont need calmag I call bs!!!!!!!!I have tried it 1st hand and if yo use ro water that has to be cal mag or Epson Sault with each feeding...that was with gh micro and bloom....No cal mag in the ro water = no work!!!!!!!!!!!!SO how about it please some on here lay it on me will this work with chems and ogs??????????????????Please some with pics show us!!!!!!!!!!!!!And before I for get...its 7 grams per gallon of maxi bloom for the whole grow and half strength for fresh clones and seedlings ......Now how would one give half of 7 grams my scale does not measure half grams.!!!!So would 3 or 4 grams work???????I just dont see 1300ppms working well for plants in veg I cant see it.some one please clear this up I wont to get this running soon.

P

Purple Monster

Ok I am am hooked I wanna try this......But I mess with heavy feeders like chems and og's who here can tell me straight up if this works for heavy feeders like that.I just got done readying this whole thing and didnt see one person using it on a heavy feeder....Also I wanna point out that some said they have ppms of 1300 ??????? That is way to much for a plant thats in veg right????Even my chem d dont like over 1000 ppm for veg so whats the deal with that would I just have to dilute ?????????And when you dilute working with tap do that work to just add more tap or would it have to be ro water????I work with ro water ppl swear that it dont need calmag I call bs!!!!!!!!I have tried it 1st hand and if yo use ro water that has to be cal mag or Epson Sault with each feeding...that was with gh micro and bloom....No cal mag in the ro water = no work!!!!!!!!!!!!SO how about it please some on here lay it on me will this work with chems and ogs??????????????????Please some with pics show us!!!!!!!!!!!!!And before I for get...its 7 grams per gallon of maxi bloom for the whole grow and half strength for fresh clones and seedlings ......Now how would one give half of 7 grams my scale does not measure half grams.!!!!So would 3 or 4 grams work???????I just dont see 1300ppms working well for plants in veg I cant see it.some one please clear this up I wont to get this running soon.

Maxibloom works great with any plant.

I dont know anyone running 1300ppm for veg. That seems excessive. But maybe they are HUGE plants.

I use 7g/gallon for "full strength" and it comes out around 800ppm w/ my 300ppm tap water. 7g/gallon will never be near 1300ppm with RO or tap water up to 300ppm. That's what I use for veg, and flower. Some times I bump up to even 8-9g/gallon(ends up about 1000ppm for me) in mid flower, depends if it is indeed a heavy feeder, as you mentioned.

As far as your scale not measuring half grams, just go with 3, or 4 grams, its fine. It doesn't have to be exact, dont over complicate this method. A ppm meter is helpful in understanding maxibloom strengths.

It is a very simple product.

Rushoe

Maxibloom works great with any plant.

I dont know anyone running 1300ppm for veg. That seems excessive. But maybe they are HUGE plants.

I use 7g/gallon for "full strength" and it comes out around 800ppm w/ my 300ppm tap water. 7g/gallon will never be near 1300ppm with RO or tap water up to 300ppm. That's what I use for veg, and flower. Some times I bump up to even 8-9g/gallon(ends up about 1000ppm for me) in mid flower, depends if it is indeed a heavy feeder, as you mentioned.

As far as your scale not measuring half grams, just go with 3, or 4 grams, its fine. It doesn't have to be exact, dont over complicate this method. A ppm meter is helpful in understanding maxibloom strengths.

It is a very simple product.

The guy that started this thread said he uses this at 1300 ppm or am I tripping??????Anyways thank u so much for clearing that up for me I am gonna get this stuff for sure.Just wondering with ro water you dont need to add calmag?????Do u use tap does it really matter if it sits out for 24 hours or not before I mix?????

P

Purple Monster

The guy that started this thread said he uses this at 1300 ppm or am I tripping??????Anyways thank u so much for clearing that up for me I am gonna get this stuff for sure.Just wondering with ro water you dont need to add calmag?????Do u use tap does it really matter if it sits out for 24 hours or not before I mix?????

Maybe he does, I don't know. Maybe its 1300ppm at UK/CA/AUS conversion, which would be like 950-1000 USA ppms. That might be. I use the ppm 500(USA) conversion.

I know I dont go over 1100ppm in flower, in veg just 500-800ppm. With RO you may need cal-mag, you can pick some up to have as supplement. I use tap water, 300-320ppm, straight out of the tap and into mixing container, mix, pH, and feed.

Guess I should have mentioned that to begin with.

Rushoe

Maybe he does, I don't know. Maybe its 1300ppm at UK/CA/AUS conversion, which would be like 950-1000 USA ppms. That might be. I use the ppm 500(USA) conversion.

I know I dont go over 1100ppm in flower, in veg just 500-800ppm. With RO you may need cal-mag, you can pick some up to have as supplement. I use tap water, 300-320ppm, straight out of the tap and into mixing container, mix, pH, and feed.

Guess I should have mentioned that to begin with.

Purple Monster thanx bro thanx for taking the time to respond fast for me. I use a tds meter and I try not to go over 1000 ppm for veg and stay with in 1200-1400 ppm for flower but this sounds like something I should do gonna test it outdoors and maybe one of my indoor plants to see how it responds.It would be better for me I have to fill up my 20 gallon rez every time I need to feed with ro water and I have to run across the street to get ro 5 gallons at a time lol....Thanx bro I hope this works well for the heavy feeders og's sour d's and chems....

N

nukkumatti

:)
I use almost 2 spoons in veg and in flower atm.. Seem to work ok.. If I use any less I start getting phosphorus def. 1300ppm on 0,5 scale.
Some strains (blueberry genes and satty) are showing little excess nitrogen but not that bad..

Rushoe

Lets see some more of the kiss shots.!!!!!!Any one with chems or ogs?????Or just some new shots of anything grown with this kiss method!!!!!