*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evlme2 View Post
    Fwiw, my last grow I used 1/2 tsp/gal of powder KB in addition to 1 tsp/gal Maxibloom for 5 days prior to my final two week flush. No problems whatsoever.
    Ioni helped me chop, how'd they look to you bro?

No complaints here...

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

"Picked up a seed and he said,
    'Here, son it's time for you to grow your own tree.'
    Yes Iya see it...In IonI dream..."

Comment

What method do you use with this formula Ioni? Are you hand waterin verm/perl?

Comment

havent tested accurately what the blue scooper weighs in at but i know the large side is about 20 grams. i still like to weigh it on a digi scale first though as powder weighs alot for what looks like a little.

Comment

I fixed the link to the msds.

here it is again.

http://www.hydroponics.net/item-docu.../MaxiBloom.pdf.

Comment

I promise this leads somewhere.

Originally posted by BashertofCyndi View Post
            What method do you use with this formula Ioni? Are you hand waterin verm/perl?
            Ive been using Coco, but can't seem to get the feel for it, while experimenting with Rockwool I found it to be simpler (for me)...
            However Evl is quite the opposite....kicks ass in Coco, and had to get a feel for RW.

That's why I suggest KISS to be more of a lifestyle suggestion, than a growing formula. Really, like cloning, whatever works. Don't think you should HAVE to do something if your feelings (or wallet) tell you otherwise..

Don't forget about Occam's Razor.

You should find, that it's the most simple method that works the best..
            Example: for Evl, Drain To Waste is easy in his garden...so that's what he does. He can rock RW or Coco or whatever.

My garden doesn't have a drain, so maintaining a rez with drippers (or EbbNFlow) is easier for me, thus the Rockwool is more beneficial in MY garden (probably not a coincidence, more than likely it's relative)...
            Also, Evl started in soil : he knows how to water; I started in DWC : I know how to maintain H20 and nutes...ETC ETC ETC....The list goes on, the variables are too many to even know.

If your budget and lifestyle permits, try a couple different ways, see what works best for you.

Whew!!!

There I go again with the 2 hr. explanations...sorry all..I was a writing major..

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

Comment

Occam's Razor: The principle is often incorrectly summarized as "the simplest explanation is more likely the correct one." This summary is misleading, however, since the principle is actually focused on shifting the burden of proof in discussions. That is, the Razor is a principle that suggests we should tend towards simpler theories until we can trade some simplicity for increased explanatory power.

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

Comment

Comment

milehighmedical, KB is missing more than just N.
                  Also, a heaping teaspoon of MB increases everything, not just the pk.
                  Imho, it is NOT a good idea to take your buddies suggestion.
                  Keep it simple, 1 tsp/gal Maxibloom. Changing this, adding that, substituting things, all skew things to the point where it's no longer simple.
                  I've been running the same exact formula for a year now and it has worked in every medium I tried.
                  Currently I have a plants in a Waterfram, one in soil, one in Rockwool, one in coco-all getting the same 1 tsp/gal and ph of 6. All perfectly green and healthy.
                  Give me a second and I'll upload pics for ya.
                  Trust me bro, 1 tsp/gal is all you need. you will not be leaving much on the table by not adding pk boosters.
                  One more thing, the liquid KB is supposed to be use at the onset of flowers (about 2-3 weeks into the flower cycle) the powder is to be used towards the end, say a week or two before flush.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighmedical View Post
                    Although I believe the comparison is between 8mL-16mL and 7 grams. Wouldn't that put them a lot closer?
                    I calculated with 8.6g/l to pair the level of nitrogen, but you are right, they are closer this way.

8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom vs 7g MaxiBloom

Sum of differences = 270ppm

7g MaxiBloom ratios
                    • N:P2O5:K2O ratio = 1 : 3 : 2.8
                    • N:P:K ratio = 1 : 1.3 : 2.3
                    • Ca:Mg ratio = 1.4 : 1
                    • K:N ratio = 2.3 : 1
                    • NO3:NH4 ratio = 9 : 1

8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom ratios
                    • N:P2O5:K2O ratio = 1 : 1.9 : 1.7
                    • N:P:K ratio = 1.2 : 1 : 1.7
                    • Ca:Mg ratio = 1.8 : 1
                    • K:N ratio = 1.4 : 1
                    • NO3:NH4 ratio = 15.7 : 1

There are still differences even in the nutrient ratios.

7ml Micro + 14ml Bloom vs 8.6g MaxiBloom

Sum of differences = 487ppm
                    Attached Files

Comment

As promised...
                      Mosca's C99BX in Promix fed with Maxibloom @ 1tsp/gal, ph 6. (She's been topped in this pic)

Pre98 BubbaKush in coco, 1 tsp/gla Maxibloom, ph 6.

Pre98 bubbaKush in Rockwool, 1 tsp/gal Maxibloom, ph 6.

Gorilla Grape in a Waterfarm, Maxibloom @ 1 tsp/gal, ph 5.5

I'm posting these pics so that others can see just how simple and versatile Maxibloom really is.

Comment

Can you update all these in 10 days?
                        edited do not replace

Comment

IM KISS'ING AND ADDING BIGBUD LOOKS ALL GOOD
                          sigpic

Comment

hey guys, ive been feeding maxibloom 1 tsp per gallon, brings my ph down to 5.7 from 6.8. I've been feeding this formula every time and just recenty was curious as to what the runoff ph would be. 4.3!!!!! Whats going on here and how do i fix it, took another plant and put just water through it with a ph of 6.8, came out at 4.6. After that i added a couple caps of pro tekt silicon, rose the ph up to 8.0. ran through and it still is 5.0. My brain is telling me to just push plain water through these pots until the end and hopefully it will bring that ph up to 6.4- 6.6. any other suggestions? thanks
                            You see me?

Comment

Hate to ask my question again, but I think it got passed by... But what are your PPM's after adding MB to RO'd (low ppm to start) water?
                              If it weren't for ideas, we'd still be throwing seeds in the dirt and waiting for rain

Comment

Originally posted by BIG JT View Post
                                hey guys, ive been feeding maxibloom 1 tsp per gallon, brings my ph down to 5.7 from 6.8. I've been feeding this formula every time and just recenty was curious as to what the runoff ph would be. 4.3!!!!! Whats going on here and how do i fix it, took another plant and put just water through it with a ph of 6.8, came out at 4.6. After that i added a couple caps of pro tekt silicon, rose the ph up to 8.0. ran through and it still is 5.0. My brain is telling me to just push plain water through these pots until the end and hopefully it will bring that ph up to 6.4- 6.6. any other suggestions? thanks
                                Hey BIG JT, you didn't mention any problems with the plants...

Comment

Working...
                                X