*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imadoofus View Post
    peeped some deep-fried leaf tips on several pics posted by growers using the maxibloom, anyone relay the EC of 1tsp of maxibloom per gallon?

I used Maxi-Bloom a few times, works well...but make sure it is mixed well. I got some tip burn bad one time, just because I think It was not dissolved well enough. That was in DWC, so it effects the roots right away. I have hooked a few on Maxi but my advice is to mix it a day ahead in a jug...then re-shake before putting using.

Maxi works really well, I just use the Flora series because I like to cut the Micro. I have a big bag of Maxi-Bloom laying around, might use it next round on some...see how they compare. I have not used it in Coco. Does anyone use Floralicious Plus anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Ioni Botani View Post
      The pH up optimizes nute uptake by placing the water in the right ph range. Unless the silica has a high pH then....However, Ive seen the results. ITS NOT NEEDED.
      Yes, the plants may be slightly heartier, but to what degree is it worth it?
      Some of the best bud in my life has been grown with this method.
      I assure you, its not needed.
      -Ion
      I dont know about all other brands of silicate but pro silicate from grotex is very alkaline 2.5ml which is the soil dose will raise my ph from 4.8 to about 5.8-6.0 and it makes your plants very strong I think it would be a must have additive for any strain known to grow buds heavier then it can normally hold.

Comment

Originally posted by captinknots View Post
        yo maxi users, in coco,how much run off are you allowing for? in what size pots? i want to use 1 gallons so how much would you run off in that case?

i water every other day with 1 tsp MB per gal h2o and sometimes i barely get run off and sometimes i water till i get plenty, about 10%.

i water DTW and i dont have a waste res so im cautious on how much run off i get b/c i dont want my RH to rise.

the pot size doesnt matter, run off is run off. if you aim for 20% run off the there will be a larger volume of run off in a 3 gal pot opposed to 1 gal.

DAGNABIT

cant wait to see some pics and go the KISS route, the proof is in the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by cateros View Post
          Okay I have the maxi bloom so at the 1tsp per gal if I was growing in soil what would you suggest for feeding schedule ?

Feed,water,water or feed ,water ,feed, or would you mix it half strength and feed every time you water. I just want to get a basic idea how often I should feed them in soil with this nute.
          I believe the general rule with soil is to feed every 3rd/4th watering.
          Sometimes I feed with every watering, sometimes every other watering, and I don't have any issues. (Mind you, all my soil plants are outside)
          I'm sure the soil used may play a role, some soils are "hotter" than others...

Originally posted by slowandeasy View Post
          I used Maxi-Bloom a few times, works well...but make sure it is mixed well. I got some tip burn bad one time, just because I think It was not dissolved well enough. That was in DWC, so it effects the roots right away. I have hooked a few on Maxi but my advice is to mix it a day ahead in a jug...then re-shake before putting using.

Maxi works really well, I just use the Flora series because I like to cut the Micro. I have a big bag of Maxi-Bloom laying around, might use it next round on some...see how they compare. I have not used it in Coco. Does anyone use Floralicious Plus anymore?
          I stopped adding FP+ to my rez because it would smell like something rotten within a few days. (I don't use a rez chiller) But I do use it on all my outdoors ladies

Comment

Originally posted by evlme2 View Post
            I believe the general rule with soil is to feed every 3rd/4th watering.
            Sometimes I feed with every watering, sometimes every other watering, and I don't have any issues. (Mind you, all my soil plants are outside)
            I'm sure the soil used may play a role, some soils are "hotter" than others...

I stopped adding FP+ to my rez because it would smell like something rotten within a few days. (I don't use a rez chiller) But I do use it on all my outdoors ladies
            Does the FP make a big difference?

Comment

Originally posted by slowandeasy View Post
              Does the FP make a big difference?
              I can't really say that it makes a big diff, honestly. Or at least I haven't noticed any diff.

Comment

so what are you guys averaging per plant or per watt with the maxi method?

any more pics out there?

craigslist is great, sold all my left over nutes and can now hook up some maxi! just in time too cause the bc's about to run out...well the bloom anyway. so so much more going on right now. im gonna rant somewhere around here. peace.

Comment

Going to start using maxibloom today on a few clones I have, What do you recommend for strength? I read someone say use full strength on everything except seedlings. I think ill start them on 1/2 strength and go from there.

Also one last question as of right now i don't have either ph up or down. What silicate product do you guys recommend if ph up is needed?
                  and we all can smoke two pounds of cali herb by ourselves
                  then try to stand on our heads
                  no matter how high we get
                  we'll never forget the wonders of mary's bed
                  and we can run 200 miles through a ganja feild
                  until all we see is red and we can shout it out
                  we're still thinking about the wonders of mary's bed

and so we sing jump around sweet mary
                  you know we all have to move along
                  you never know what you've got in this cruel world
                  until you realize its gone

Comment

Yeh 1/2 strength is good....not for too long though, maybe a watering or two....they need their food as much as mama does. I think I saw someone doing 3/4 strength....however I just take the water I use on my moms and use it right on the lil buggers. They love it.
                    Just for future reference
                    Bless.

Ion

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

"Picked up a seed and he said,
                    'Here, son it's time for you to grow your own tree.'
                    Yes Iya see it...In IonI dream..."

Comment

Thanks Ioni Botani!

Any info on silicate's?
                      and we all can smoke two pounds of cali herb by ourselves
                      then try to stand on our heads
                      no matter how high we get
                      we'll never forget the wonders of mary's bed
                      and we can run 200 miles through a ganja feild
                      until all we see is red and we can shout it out
                      we're still thinking about the wonders of mary's bed

and so we sing jump around sweet mary
                      you know we all have to move along
                      you never know what you've got in this cruel world
                      until you realize its gone

Comment

Suggestions???

How are you guys getting this stuff to mix with water?

I just started with the MB and I can't seem to get it completely dissolved.

TIA

SSM
                        sigpic

The days grow shorter and the nights are getting long
                        Feels like we're running out of time
                        Every day it seems much harder tellin' right from wrong
                        You got to read between the lines

Don't get discouraged, don't be afraid, we can
                        Make it through another day
                        Make it worth the price we pay...

~Fight the Good Fight~

Rest in peace my Precious baby
                        1994-2011

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSizeMe View Post

I just started with the MB and I can't seem to get it completely dissolved.

TIA

SSM
                          When I mix a rez I drop in a small pump for an hour or so, it mixes things up nicely.
                          If I'm doing a gallon at a time I start off with a 1/2" of water, dump a tsp in and shake the hell out of it, then fill and ph up. Their will always be some grains left but it has yet to cause me any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jgrow View Post
                            Thanks Ioni Botani!

Any info on silicate's?
                            Sorry, don't use em! At least...I don't THINK I do. Someone mentioned how pH up was Silicates?? Anyways only Maxi and pH up in my water....K.I.S.S.!!!

Originally posted by SuperSizeMe View Post

TIA

SSM
                            Originally posted by evlme2 View Post
                            If I'm doing a gallon at a time I start off with a 1/2" of water, dump a tsp in and shake the hell out of it, then fill and ph up. Their will always be some grains left but it has yet to cause me any problems.
                            Yep, what the man said. I like a little warm water...gallon jug...shake like hell! Then just add that liquid solution to the rest of the water and pH....it mixes nicely!

Just switched everything over to Hydroton pellets. I was having overwatering issues with straight coco...plus Im BROKE! So Im using this old Hydroton I have around....I'll let everyone know how well it works with Maxi!

As of right now the RW cubes I put in the pellets a week ago are blowing UP!

Hand-Watering in Hydroton = Hydro for Dummies!

In case anyone wants to give it a shot sometime.

Peace.

ION

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

Comment

This is the "Recommended" Maxi amounts....

Thought I should put it up...for anyone who really cares.

I strike everything else.....Just MaxiBloom. Its just interesting to look at..

Peace.

Ion

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

Comment

JGROW

you can use Silica Blast which is a Botanicare product. silica will also aide in root development and to strengthen the stems.

IONI

i like the idea dissolving the MB / KB in warm water first. ive just been shaking the hell out of a gal and theres always a little not dissolved but no probs here.

Comment

Working...
                                X