What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JLo - Kentish Creme X Flo

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
What more can I say about this JLo right now? Looks incredible - the purpling is spreading, and the resin coverage is splendiferous - at least as much as the Kentish Creme - and no hermie issues either! The smell is getting really interesting though - 'mentholated mushrooms' certainly, but there's more now; a genuine 'creaminess' (or marshmallow?) that isn't even in the parent, and an almost violet or lavender back-end; it's really unusual. Also the calyxes on top of the buds are closed up at six weeks, which suggests it'll finish like most DJ Short strains I've grown - top down.

I have a big clone of this pheno vegging out ready for seed production, but I'm still tempted to stick it outdoors for the summer and clone it asap - it's just the right size for outdoor transfer or flowering, but the male isn't ready yet, and I'd liek to try and get some F2 seeds done asap. I'll figure that one out - but for now, all looking great.

rabid

JLo...the plant...not that chick with the big ass...!!!

JLo...the plant...not that chick with the big ass...!!!

Oy Vey!!!...enough with all the cannagraphic descriptions EM...I'm drooling already :tongue:

Please beg, borrow or steal a camera and give us some pics...

PICS...PICS...PICS...WE WANT PICS!!!

Seriousness aside mate, the JLo sounds lovely. Please put that lady under the big halide when you've finished having your way with her :wink: Good luck with your outdoor efforts this year...

Oh, did I forget to mention we want PICS??? :laughing: It's all good pal!

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I don't have the camera back yet sadly - I'm having to share it. I'm assured I'll have it by Monday, so will do some then - promise.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
OK, here's just one pic of the JLo test plant at seven weeks exactly - lovely looking purple buds, reminscent of my Grape Krush in appearance, though more dank and a lot more unusual in smell. The resin coverage is on a par with the Kentish Creme mother definitely, and I look forward to seeing that increase over the next two weeks!

I've just repotted the mother of this pheno to veg out more for flowering - the JLo male has been started at my friend's house a week ago, so if we can get some pollen in the next two weeks, I can just get some onto my Kentish Creme that's in flower now to squeeze a sneaky backcross out while I have the chance...:)

G

Wow, that J-Lo looks fantastic, the buds looks very similar to the KC mother. Looks like the KC is dominant in that cross, which is music to my eyes/ears and hopefully eventually synapses - I'm gonna have to come smoke some of that when it's ready!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Yep, it looks great, though there's only four proper buds, so it won't last long. But I'm going to let it cure a week or two longer then normal just to really get the best impression on flavour, etc. The resin is ridiculous, just like the mother. The smell is great though - the mentholated mushrooms and creamy berries of the Flo, coupled with the creamy, earthy, celery weirdness (to my nose anyway!) that is the KC. Can't wait to get a bigger one of these going now, and to make some F2 seeds!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I'm going to pull this small plant in a day or two - it's at eight weeks today. it looks lovely, with a really interesting, unique smell. I've just put in a much larger plant to flower now - my friend's got the male, and it should be dropping some pollen pretty soon, so we can get some F2 seeds made asap.

If we're very lucky, and he gets some very early pollen in the next few days, we can also do a nifty backcross with the Kentish Creme mother, as she's at nearly five weeks now, and I reckon even if the rest of the plant was done at 9 weeks, I could keep one branch going to 10 just to finish them off.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I've pulled the JLo test plant out for photos and chop tomorrow at eight weeks - looks amazing. I also put in a fully-vegged large clone of it into flower tonight, so we can hopefully get F2 seeds made asap (and more buds!) - my friend has a JLo male in flower now.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
JLo test-plant Harvest pics

JLo test-plant Harvest pics

Here's the harvest photos of the test plant - only a stump, so not many buds, but what beautiful buds! The smell is unique in my experience - lavender, mushrooms, chocolate and cream, all mixed together with some crazy solvent. Excellent resin coverage, tight purple buds and swollen calyxes make it look very much like a Grape Krush or similar - the 'Blue genes' have really worked on this beauty.

Can't wait to see what a bigger one looks like now...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks folks - it's all progressing smoothly so far. The larger plant is already taking off, and I'm particularly interested to see how the leaf-shapes are on a mature plant, as I didn't get to see many before I flower the last one. I know it's probably not very important on F1s, but the KC leaf is so unique I'm intrigued to see if it translates.

As for jlo, me neither, but I thought it would be funny anyway. I'd named this before we named the Jamaican 'Kentish Creme', or it might have been different, but it was always just called 'J' or 'JA', so it seemed like a logical combo. I don't normally like bolted-together names, but in this instance it was worth it...:)

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Only A Stump

Only A Stump

Elevator Man said:
- only a stump, so not many buds, but what beautiful buds!
Now there's a quote...I like it...and agree...what beautiful buds EMan...nice pix..DD

HarryNugz

Very nice looking cross. It's great to follow threads like this as I can learn from it. Keep up the good work! Always do enjoy your threads.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks HarryNugz - I often wonder if they get read, but clearly they do! I can't stop sniffing this little plant whilst it dries - it has a really unusual but delicious smell, and definitely one to preserve. The bigger plant I put into flower is growing really quickly, and looks very much like the Cocoa Kush right alongside it. Pics soon of those...

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well the buds are dry now - in fact, they so hard that they're almost impossible to squeeze, and are like little sugar-coated bon-bons. I'm happy to report the smell hasn't faded, and whilst not stinky weed by any stretch, it's divine - very perfumey, like Parma Violet sweets and/or lavender, with a mushroomy undertone, and shades of cream and chocolate. I can't believe it's that complex, but it is.

Smoking it is very much like Grape Krush - it's a thick, creamy taste, with the violet flavour lingering afterwards. The high is up, thank god, though I knew it always would be - not as crisp as Flo, but possibly more than the Kentish Creme - hard to say at this stage obviously, so I'll try and leave these alone for a while - there's not much! But it's strong....:)

The larger plant in flower is rocketing up, and I've staked and trained it already to maximise bud production. I saw the JLo male yesterday, and it's just about to start dropping - my friend should be able to collect it over the next week or two, and we can get some on this one when it's ready.

Latest posts

Latest posts