Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite landraces, in terms of pure effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinrusso View Post
    When I say ACE that includes Indian Landrace exchange and Khalifa. ILE is headed by an Indian guy, and and much as I respect RSC, a outsider is never going to have the "family jewels" that a local would.

Oh ok, I see what you mean. I agree that ILE is a different beast and a good oneat that. They have very interesting stuff no doubt. I have my eyes on two strains not distributed by ACE yet.But their price is quite prohibitive for my budget I must admit.

Khalifa is a different thing: it's a breeder and they have their own website and you can purchase from them directly. Not to mention the uncanny resemblance with the RSC catalogue... but surely that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by romanoweed View Post
      ACE has alot of slightly selected LAndrace.[...]Vietblack x Thai,

Now they have Oldtimershaze (suspected pure Columbians), New Caledonia, Laos.

Well this is a different subject but if you cross two landraces together, what you get is not a landrace anymore. It's something else. Possibly something fantastic but not a landrace.

New Caledonia I agree sounds lush. I want this one.

Comment

Angus is the top guy on pot knowledge for history. Or as good as any I have read. I do not know much but my takeaway on that.

Hope the ILE can deliver some good stuff, I have 5 of their strains. I am invested so to speak hehe. I have to agree that a local is gonna have the advantage in getting good stuff, not to say an outsider could not do well, money works wonders and just being polite.

Already Khalifa has exceeded most strains I have from many countries and remote areas.

Comment

depdowninside, hmm, arent modern Landraces often contaminated from skunk genes, so, isnt a Vietblack x Thai pretty Landrace cause it has old 70s killer Vietnamese in it..

I dont know, but i feel even this close Outcros is closer to a good LAndrace experience imho.

Besides that there are/were dozens of Landraces in Ace cataloge imho

Comment

khalifa has Strains that nobody else has, his Cambodian, his Laos, Belida, Kullu are all different lines from RSC imho. Besides the recent Laos, wich as i recall is a Line that was collected by Bodhi, now spreads among some Breeders.. currently is sold by RSC under the name mango thai, but can change. Same line as Khalifas Laos. Neither Khalifa, nor RSC have collected this very Line.

The only Line that could be from RSC might be his Kerala, but could be mistacken

Comment

Originally posted by romanoweed View Post

The only Line that could be from RSC might be his Kerala, but could be mistacken

Rasol ? Sheberghan ? Siberian ? Balkh ?

Comment

yaeh, i could be mistacken,

Rasoli is staded to be collected by friend of Cocogenes, (he has his own Website, i have no doubt he collected those)

Shebergan is stated to be collected by LandraceGenetics.... Could be mistacken on this beeing own collector.

hey, im not expert, but those names ringed a bell as beeing Hunters, and beeing not Realseedcompany.

Khalifa is affilated strongly with own collectors,so much i know. one or two Lines might still be from RSC.
                Last edited by romanoweed; 02-03-2021, 01:00.

Comment

Siberian is from Russian LAndracebureau, rings also a clear bell different from RSC

Comment

And i googled the Khalifas Kerala, its from Cocogenes.

So, this leaves me only with Shebergan , and Balk, wich still could be RSC, since i cant clearly pinpoint if "LAndracegenetics" is a own collector, and havent found any info Balkh so far.

In genereal, Khalifa has couple own collectors

Comment

Kullu I have not tried it but kullu good stuff or Cambodia from khalifa genetics o chellakuti o yea...but more the kullu

Comment

Most of Khalifa's stuff is from Coco if it's indian...they simply work it further than the collectors do.

I remember when i first saw Khalifa on IG that crew only had the "beldia" which they collected themselves iirc and "rasoli" from Coco...

Comment

yep.

Comment

Malawi Gold. Incapacitated in four hits.

Comment

Kalinga.

Comment

Originally posted by rolandomota View Post
                                Kullu I have not tried it but kullu good stuff or Cambodia from khalifa genetics o chellakuti o yea...but more the kullu
                                Khalifa is coming out with the Kullu hybrid in a few months. It is supposed to be a cross of Soma's Amnesia Haze x Kullu. The Amnesia haze is got good S.E. Asian/Jamaican/Hawaiian genetics. Should be an interesting cross.

Comment

Working...
                                X