What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jamaican, dub stylee

Rembetis

Day 15 flower

Short update today. The last seedling turned out to be male. Iree! The big male is in the compost bin having dropped profuse amounts of pollen which I may regret in the near future. No problem, I want plenty of seeds and wanted to make sure all females got pollenated.

The last seed pack seemed to have the most narrow leaf phenos including the little male. By the time they get to really flowering he should be ready and he wont have to stick around for long. The thing I like about tropicals with long flowering is that with multiple flowerings the last flowers will be past the lifetime of the pollen so I can get both seed and sensi. Yah mon!

I need a better camera or wait until the buds get bigger

arbac

Respecting the wish of Rembetis, I invite you to continue discussing the origin and authorship of the Jarilla de Sinaloa sold by CannaBioGen in this thread by my "friend in the distance" Sinaloa, whom I have (if I am not totally mistaken), because of her origin..:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=234701

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=99112 this is the thread where kaiki and some Colombian colleagues looked for punto rojo and mangobiche.
It seems to me that the male punto rojo that I use in the reproduction of punto rojo y punta rosa was the one that cryposo gave him

arbac

Starting to look like what I remember seeing in Jamaica long ago. My buddies in Jamaica are having a hard time figuring out what they are looking for so I sent them a couple photos of the Double Jam to help them out.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84137&pictureid=2079530&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

This photo is typical of Jamaican, the 5 bladed leaf. The back two directly opposed to each other and the other three always spread out like they are trying to get away from each other. Sometimes very extreme in the spread.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84137&pictureid=2079529&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Of course leaves like this will be found in any narrow leaf strain but the old Jamaican had a unique look to it. I have some leaves showing the more extreme spread and will post them when I get a chance
beautiful ancient jamaican phenos

arbac

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84137&pictureid=2079530&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84137&pictureid=2079529&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Of course leaves like this will be found in any narrow leaf strain but the old Jamaican had a unique look to it. I have some leaves showing the more extreme spread and will post them when I get a chance

beautiful pheno mainly Indian and a little bit of African influence

arbac

Hola, amigo.

...Pero Jarilla de Sinaloa (aka Cola de borrego sinaloense ), no fue seleccionada en origen en Mexico de entre sus cultivos en la sierra por Sergio (en Icmag, Sinaloa), para ser trabajada por CannaBioGen luego en España ?

...Ya me comentaras si has cultivado alguna de aquellas "cripas" y "colombianas negras" por las que me preguntastes...

Salud !

(Pd: Supongo que te refieres a Tropical Seeds Company con la siglas TSC...)
Es lo que te lo entendido, de echo el dinero de la ventas se iría a Sinaloa

arbac

Doble jam

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1601850908007.jpg
    FB_IMG_1601850908007.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 32
  • FB_IMG_1601850911814.jpg
    FB_IMG_1601850911814.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 30

arbac

This was a female from a winter crop with a lot of cold and despite being with seeds in her calyxes, she had a lot of resin

Attachments

• received_2115946975083550.jpg
    received_2115946975083550.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 29

arbac

in some males there were also colors

Attachments

• received_270679793647010.jpg
    received_270679793647010.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 27

Montuno

...como el Son...

Rembetis

I bet! I am going to sit down with my coffee in the morning and read thru it. I am a big fan of Charlies and Dubi's works as well as all their friends

arbac

I spoke with cryiposo, asking about the alleged problem with kaiki with jarila and punto rojo and he answered that no problem. I answered this

"En ICMAG la verdad hace mucho tiempo no paso por hay, no me queda tiempo mi hermano.
Te cuento: JARILLA es una línea que como sabes es de México .Está línea la sedio Sergio si en es el que la ha conservado junto a su familia en Sinaloa el me la sedio ami tambien. Kaiki la ofrecia en su Web por autorización de Sergio .
PUNTO ROJO: la línea que ofrecio Kaiki es un cruce de punto rojos de norte y del sur ,grssrots ayudo a Kaiki a conseguir algunas hace un poco más de una década ,grasrots murió en un accidente hace unos 3 años creo. mi relación con Kaiki es buena ,el le regaló un clon de red snake y semillas de cruce que vendía ,así mismo me regaló Ghana pero como te digo no tenemos ningún problema. Las punto rojo que yo tengo en mi colección son de varios lugares y no son las que vendía Kaiki . Tengo 9 líneas puras locales Colombianas."

In English:
"In ICMAG the truth has been a long time since I have been there, my brother has no time left.
I tell you: JARILLA is a line that, as you know, is from Mexico. This line was sent to Sergio if he is the one who has kept it with his family in Sinaloa. Kaiki offered it on her website by permission of Sergio.
Punto rojo: the line that Kaiki offered is a crossing of north and south punto rojo, grassrots helped Kaiki get some a little over a decade ago, grasrots died in an accident about 3 years ago I think. My relationship with Kaiki is good, he gave him a clone of red snake and crossing seeds that he sold, he also gave me Ghana, but as I said, we have no problem. The red dots that I have in my collection are from various places and are not the ones Kaiki sold. I have 9 local Colombian pure lines"

arbac

Cuando el instagram de Criposo estaba abierto al publico habia un post en donde se afirmaba que esas geneticas eran de el y el propio Criposo lo confirmaba, honestamente desconozco las historias detras de esas geneticas y por que los bancos las dan de baja o no y por que se afirma que pertenecen a tal o cual, por eso posteo y pregunto para que se aclare.

that is not true

arbac

From the explanation of Master Mustafunk, I understand seeds were sourced around the millenium when hybridization all around the american continent was rampant . About the supposed years of strains I think it is done for commercial purposes. It would sell JBM 85 much better than calling it JBM 2000. In fact names today are just brand names]

If you analyze jamaica 85 from its physical phenotype, its leaf is wide and its flowers are fat.
that suggests a hybrid with indica.
there are thinner and pointed phenotypes, others thicker and rounded.

When you analyze the effect of jamica 85, you are left with an impression of whether you are smoking something Jamaican without an indica stone. smoking a pure sativa (to this day the favorite for the type of effect) at least the phenotype that I cultivate out there in 2004 or 2005. also other phenotypes of other chile growers.

The Jamaicans of the 60's were from india

then he receives African blood, from Angola and other places (there could be a connection between angola red and jamaica red hair)

in the 70's for the persecution of the USA and the use of paraquat, a chemical released from airplanes that poisoned and killed everything including farmers. There were very few traditional cultivation areas left and in many parts there were no seeds to sow, seeds were taken from Colombia to enrich that genetic pool, already in the 80's by the use of these air poisons seeds were taken from Mexico to the island

Indica genetics began to appear in the 90's

I believe that Jamaica 85 is a good representation of a Jamaica of the 80s that in the physical aspect seems to have an influence of a Mexican from the lowlands strengthened either by hybrid vigor or by a very diluted Indica influence, leaving very few locis of indicates it. and you are not related to the effect

arbac

In 2004 yougones gave me three old seeds from Jamaica 85 that I had obtained from kaiki, of which only one germinated, I do not have photos of it, only a clone that I gave to a friend and I grow it under a fiberglass plate in a skylight in the kitchen.

Attachments

• 17626lambsbread2-thumb (1).jpg
    17626lambsbread2-thumb (1).jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 37