What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which is the smelliest strain from The Real Seed Company?

meizzwang

TBH, I haven't found a single RSC landrace that gets as stinky as some of the modern hybrids, but as others have alluded, your best bet is to try some of the afghani landraces. There's a lot of diversity, so some individuals might be more aromatic than others.

burningfire

Veteran
The original nepalese RSC had was a stinker, at least my pheno.. it didn't smell much in veg but at the end of flowering it had that catpiss stink, complete with the litterbox smell.

They still offer one as nepalese but I don't think it's quite the same, they don't advertise it as such and I know RSC like to be transparent so I wouldn't take my suggestion with too much weight.

as others have said, afghani or similar should get you there, there's a few plants in their offerings with descriptions of loud smells.

ngakpa

Veteran
very strong smelling plants have been reported from every region

obvious places are the famous hashish regions like the Hindu Kush, Balkh, Nepal etc.

also for strong ganja types, obviously Southeast Asia etc.

worth noting, it's not just about the strain, it's also about exceptional individual plants

Thai and Lao landrace plants will often show powerful and interesting scents

but outstanding old-school Indian plants are a way into some classic ganja flavours

e.g. the recent report of the standout Kerala plant with the really powerful mint
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8930030&postcount=371

T

TakenByTheSky

Say rsc and rks.......my wallet impulsively opens lmaop

I'm not saying anything of that sort! Dont get me wrong here, I have never personally grown balkhi,

I just happened to notice breeder Steve say he found stinky plants on IG.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
very strong smelling plants have been reported from every region

obvious places are the famous hashish regions like the Hindu Kush, Balkh, Nepal etc.

also for strong ganja types, obviously Southeast Asia etc.

worth noting, it's not just about the strain, it's also about exceptional individual plants

Thai and Lao landrace plants will often show powerful and interesting scents

but outstanding old-school Indian plants are a way into some classic ganja flavours

e.g. the recent report of the standout Kerala plant with the really powerful mint
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8930030&postcount=371

anyone got chocolate smelling females from south asian offerings? by the chance? thanks.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
anyone got chocolate smelling females from south asian offerings? by the chance? thanks.

Almost 10 years ago i had the chance to find a black chocolate mom with the Red Thai "sa daeng", old Laos kind of line. It was softly mixed with mint but the cacao tone was good and major. Very lucky find because it was just the only one sprouted of 20 seeds lol landrace vibes! (I kept the clone some times for my two F1s with my MIS and Afropips' Power Malawi).

Purple Clouds also found some but the thing is rare and difficult to select, like for the Colombian Choco Chiba.
(Mostly of the Red Thai IBL by Purple Clouds is now fruity but possible to find choco i think)

Also possible to find with some North Indians, the Mumbai Mithai line in mind, "mithai" means chocolate.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
nice! I understand it is one special pheno. I was hoping for more consistent line though. too bad you didn't self your cut.. oh well. do you have more info about Mumbai chocolate?

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
nice! I understand it is one special pheno. I was hoping for more consistent line though. too bad you didn't self your cut.. oh well. do you have more info about Mumbai chocolate?

Vibes Collective's line grown by Rahan but without really good choco lucky find and report from what i know.

Both strains (Indian Mumbai mithai and Jamaican lambsbread) grew the same, you know, very hard sativa for indoor, tall and lanky with very narrow leaves and many leaflets. Both smelled that fat heavy sweet herbal odor when stem rubbed, the Jamaican being stronger. The lambsbread is quicker to finish, say 14-18 weeks agains 16-20 for the Indian. Production is better for the Jamaican but I did not finish the common grow as said before, so it is a comparison a bit false as my experience with flowers is done in different conditions. Flowering smell is maybe a bit more fruity for the Jamaican and more spicy for the Indian. Highs differ slighty although both are pure untouched cerebral sativa highs. The Jamaican is a bit more energetic whereas the Indian is more goofy funny, never stress. The high of the indian lasts very long, maybe 3 hours and a half - 4 hours. The indian is good in any situation, from party to music listening and meditation. Both are incredible, the Jamaican being a bit more serious maybe, if you see what I mean. The indian is simply an incredible freak herb. It's a shame she is so hard and so long to grow. The Jamaican is easier, with less hermies, although still very difficult indoor. Outdoor seems impossible without greenhouse and southern climate for both strains. Both are excellent strains in my humble opinion, two of the best I grew and smoked, top five without problem.

picture.php
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...40394#post1234 0394

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
thanks! hmm unfortunately Rahan mentioned only spicy smells. no chocolate. but more difficult to grow than Jamaican? oh la la... sounds great. cerebral oh yes!

Goodherb

Vibes Collective's line grown by Rahan but without really good choco lucky find and report from what i know.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...40394#post1234 0394

Greetings in HIS names . ROMS.

Perhaps you already thought and gone ahead an done it, but one could cross both( north indian, mumbai mithai /jamaican lambbread ) to see if one find plant(s) . Like increasing duration JLB with the fun/music receptors.
Likewise, see if you could inject ,the the more seriousness of the JamLamBread , to Mathai , duration an ease of growing !

Just a little meddy.

If you look through my album, you'll see one of groundation ,where ini dwell on !

Blessed love,in the MOST HIGH,HIM JAHRASTAFAR i .

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Perhaps you already thought and gone ahead an done it, but one could cross both( north indian, mumbai mithai /jamaican lambbread ) to see if one find plant(s) . Like increasing duration JLB with the fun/music receptors.
Likewise, see if you could inject ,the the more seriousness of the JamLamBread , to Mathai , duration an ease of growing !

Ya Hindu mix with JLB has already been realised with few Vibesco friends but only with southern Kerala that isn't really tasty and terpeny imo. Mumbai Mithai spiciness should be different and more interesting to cross with, the cross with Kerala is also good but more to increase the vigor and yielding.

Hopefully nowadays there is more and more sources and landrace seeders like TRSC with some Indian genetics, some gems terpz like chocolat to find for sure but more from the middle and North i think.

Kenavezo Goodherb

Cvh

Supermod
Didn't you complain about stinky Durban a while back? And now you want to play with Afghanis? :laughing:

As said before about that Durban grow, my carbons weren't indeed enough to filter the smell during that grow. It had become then a serious security risk.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Yesterday my high end large capacity professional ozone generator arrived.

Before you say, I know it's very bad for health.
I plan on using it only when my carbons aren't again managing the smell and when I'm stinking up the entire neighborhood again. Only then I will inject the ozone into the exhaust and/or treat the affected areas in my house with it.

I have studied the safety procedures and directions too before acquiring and there was also a book included.
I have performed a test run yesterday and today with it and the generator fills up a room in less then a minute with a strong typical ozone smell. (The ozone generator won't be used in the grow area, only after the carbons inline or in case of emergency a certain area of the house).

​​​​​Because the heath is slowly rising now here and I can't cooldown the area I rarely grow during summertime.
Currently I'm growing some hybrids which should be done in 6 weeks and I'm hoping to do then an Afghani landrace run after summer sabbatical. I already have the seeds for it from TRSC.

To be continued hopefully upcoming fall.

​​Cheers

troutman

Seed Whore
As said before about that Durban grow, my carbons weren't indeed enough to filter the smell during that grow. It had become then a serious security risk.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Yesterday my high end large capacity professional ozone generator arrived.

Be careful with ozone. Even though you know it's bad for you. So there I said so. :biggrin:

As long as you do your research all should go well. I have a small Uvonair 1000 that I got a long time ago. I haven't used it in a
while. But it still works nicely. When I used from Uvonair I ran it on a timer. These days I use carbon filtration in the grow area
and Ona Block(s) outside the grow area near my main door as a backup. I have a new carbon filter and inline fan that I'll be
using in my next grow that is bigger and better than before.

Eleutherios

Be careful with ozone. Even though you know it's bad for you. So there I said so. :biggrin:

As long as you do your research all should go well. I have a small Uvonair 1000 that I got a long time ago. I haven't used it in a
while. But it still works nicely. When I used from Uvonair I ran it on a timer. These days I use carbon filtration in the grow area
and Ona Block(s) outside the grow area near my main door as a backup. I have a new carbon filter and inline fan that I'll be
using in my next grow that is bigger and better than before.

Would you expound upon that with the Ona Blocks? What size? How often? Degree of odor that they create, etc? My charcoal filter does the trick so far, but it would be nice to have an ace in the hole just in case.

troutman

Seed Whore
Would you expound upon that with the Ona Blocks? What size? How often? Degree of odor that they create, etc? My charcoal filter does the trick so far, but it would be nice to have an ace in the hole just in case.

There's all kinds. I just purchase the Ona Block Pro. This one produces a medicinal type aroma.
I make a few holes in the plastic lid and put it back on so it lasts longer. It's not that expensive
and small. Try one out. But don't place it with your plants. Place it by your door like I do as a
backup odor control. There's also a gel type which I haven't tried yet. I get mine locally at the
grow store for a little over $10. They can also be found online if you can't find some locally.

https://onaonline.com/product/ona-block/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVMDGmh3LE

Eleutherios

I was thinking about maybe putting one on top of my metal cottage on wheel's vent hatch, that I exhaust through. Do you think that could be viable? My filter was gifted to me years ago, It looks like it was repurposed from a diesel big rig or something, but pulling through it, it eats any odor that I have thrown at it. I have been thinking lately, of trying to do some crosses that might hearken back to the early days of skunk and it would be nice to have a 2nd line of defense just in case. Thank you for your time and prompt response Troutman.

xet

I vote for the Mazar-I-Sharif. A single plant will tint the air green like an HID fluorescent nose lamp blasting out in a 50 foot radius with that very old school smelly smell which reminds you weed has it's very own weed smell that smells like smelly weed.

Latest posts

Latest posts