What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Petrochemical

I have no idea??

Both c99 from TRSC are up now. Somebody ran some and posted in my thread that looked pretty dank. I am gonna try to get these two to finish and will be saving as much pollen from my others as possible.

I had a neighbor 7 -8 years ago who was here who is a c99 lover and I think you were here and he bought a pack of the c99 and he just I don't know it's hard to describe because I wasn't around back then when he got his c99 but the c99 he got and grooves I mean ditch weed

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what ive been reading pure indicas dont have that couch lock effect like hybrids, just mellow and relaxing. Thats why i wanted to grow some hash plants. But hey Im a sativa lover so I dont have much experience with indicas as it is. What did you not like about the deep chunk?

I found the high to be boring or that is what I recall. Long time ago and many strains grown since. The SAD was euphoric. I do not get couch lock exactly but when the high has no highs to it, I do not see the point.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I had a neighbor 78 years ago who was here who is a c99 lover and I think you were here and he bought a pack of the c99 and he just I don't know it's hard to describe because I wasn't around back then when he got his c99 but the c99 he got and grooves I mean ditch weed

Well heres some Ditch Weed for you, welcome to ICmag!

Peak Seeds C99

Attachments

• photo2116762.jpg
    photo2116762.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 107
  • attach18117821.jpg
    attach18117821.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 109

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
To everyone who's had problems germinating any seeds from anywhere, but especially landrace vars. If they do not pop after a week in a wet paper towel, give them a good skuff along the line that splits with sandpaper. They should split after a few days. I use this method on a lot of hard to germinate landrace vars. Also, putting the seeds in the fridge at 3-5c for a few weeks before can also help.
:plant grow:

Petrochemical

Well heres some Ditch Weed for you, welcome to ICmag!

Peak Seeds C99

I don't have the faintest idea why you responded the way you did like I said that was just an experience and I myself didn't even buy the beans or grow them I am f****** out of this thread bye

Petrochemical

To everyone who's had problems germinating any seeds from anywhere, but especially landrace vars. If they do not pop after a week in a wet paper towel, give them a good skuff along the line that splits with sandpaper. They should split after a few days. I use this method on a lot of hard to germinate landrace vars. Also, putting the seeds in the fridge at 3-5c for a few weeks before can also help.
:plant grow:

I know for a fact that works I had an old dude that I got a master composting certification up here tell me about also using the is it embryonic slime around tomato seeds in the water that you sit your seeds in apparently it helps as well

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I don't have the faintest idea why you responded the way you did like I said that was just an experience and I myself didn't even buy the beans or grow them I am f****** out of this thread bye

The dude just welcomed you to icmag. I thought you were trolling when you said 78 years ago and called C99 ditchweed. Maybe we all just missed the point I don't know.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
High Laos 2.JPG

This is the best of the Highland Laos 2 from RSC. Electric and trippy for say 20 minutes then fade out to clean buzz. All in the head. I just smoked a larf 'bud' and got a good high from it. Trying to clone it but it is a real struggle with lots of hormone powder being used several times and weeks of nothing. Bunch of seeds as you can see but the Laos Gold was also hermie-ating and who knows what genes are there. The Laos Gold while a good high is not electric or very trippy. Might be more euphoric though.

The only downside to this strain or this pheno is the lack of euphoria. Noids are minimal and during the buzz I am on, nonexistant. I am favoring the Congo Black right now as the one pheno I like is trippy and kind of electric with euphoria in the mix. I had a purple pheno of the Highland Laos 2 that was stony and almost no buds to speak of, and one that is not quite as electric and trippy. 3 plants total and the Congo Black was 4 plants.

So this is 1970 style pot, even though I started smoking in 1974. You figure it out, time travel if you will. hehe I ordered 2 packs of the Highland Laos 3 from RSC. The description of the high at RSC was the same as for the 2 model and I did not notice the number change until after I ordered. No matter, I have lots of seeds from my plants and think they are mostly or all from this strain. #3 might be even better, who knows? Angus said with covid problems and lack of movement of people and pot, he could not say if the 3 was different than the 2.

RobFromTX

This is the best of the Highland Laos 2 from RSC. Electric and trippy for say 20 minutes then fade out to clean buzz. All in the head. I just smoked a larf 'bud' and got a good high from it. Trying to clone it but it is a real struggle with lots of hormone powder being used several times and weeks of nothing. Bunch of seeds as you can see but the Laos Gold was also hermie-ating and who knows what genes are there. The Laos Gold while a good high is not electric or very trippy. Might be more euphoric though.

The only downside to this strain or this pheno is the lack of euphoria. Noids are minimal and during the buzz I am on, nonexistant. I am favoring the Congo Black right now as the one pheno I like is trippy and kind of electric with euphoria in the mix. I had a purple pheno of the Highland Laos 2 that was stony and almost no buds to speak of, and one that is not quite as electric and trippy. 3 plants total and the Congo Black was 4 plants.

So this is 1970 style pot, even though I started smoking in 1974. You figure it out, time travel if you will. hehe I ordered 2 packs of the Highland Laos 3 from RSC. The description of the high at RSC was the same as for the 2 model and I did not notice the number change until after I ordered. No matter, I have lots of seeds from my plants and think they are mostly or all from this strain. #3 might be even better, who knows? Angus said with covid problems and lack of movement of people and pot, he could not say if the 3 was different than the 2.

Nice looking herb. Thai is definitely in a world of its own when it comes to effects. Have you grown the mango thai they have yet?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew the Mango and just ordered 5 more seeds along with the Highland Laos 3 seeds. Elegant and trance type effect. Not so electric but more euphoria. I do not need euphoria in a high if it is trippy enough but do like that effect some of the time.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a pack of Malawi Gold from RSC and also wonder what the high is like. I recall asking Angus about trippy lines and he said the Laos would be better. One man's trip is another's clean soaring high. You have to try it, but it would help to hear of a few people giving their feelings on it.

Hempy McNoodle

Malawi gold is very trippy yes

And it is also like a drug

It will fuck you up....Its if you really enjoyed getting drunk....

But, youre not drunk youre high, And its hallucinogenic

Nice sample of malawi gold is a lot of fun

Just dont plan on carrying out any of the normal stuff you may do high ...:smokeit:
Awesome to know! Thanks for sharing. To clarify, are you talking about Malawi Gold in general or The Real Seed Co / Afropips Malawi Gold specifically. I know Ace seeds has a different Malawi Gold that is supposedly very potent, but it looks way more 'worked' or modernized than the afropips / TRSC Malawi Gold.

herbgreen

Veteran
Malawi Gold I had was from the old african seeds company

Its the same or similar genepool ACE found their Malawi

The ACE stuff is just more worked and selected

I have seen people find very wild phenos in malawi ace that flower forever very lanky...pretty rare Id say

They have a very resinous pheno they have been using

RSC Malawi you must ask angus exactly the origins

brickweeder

RSC's Malawi Gold is derived from the afropips gathering from the Nkhota Kota area. Dubi had said in one of his posts that Ace's Malawi is different than the afropips malawi gold.

Yesum, the RSC Malawi Gold doesn't have that trippy effect, at least not for me, but it is a good clear smoke and I like it...I just got some positive feedback on its taste.