What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

romanoweed

@ Thule
Will a selved equatorial Sativa produce more Hermies in Offspring?

Another Question, was the Purple Thai same Line as OregonPurpleThai ?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
@ Thule
Will a selved equatorial Sativa produce more Hermies in Offspring?

Another Question, was the Purple Thai same Line as OregonPurpleThai ?

I haven't heard of any hermies in selfed seeds, landrace or not. That would depend on the mother plant used. I have only tried the technique once.

Someone else can probably answer the second question. I don't know much about American strains other than haze.

west-eu

Update Double Oaxacan very frosty girlz atm the smell is pretty strong fresh lime cleaner .... i like it

fetch?photoid=17798066.jpg

fetch?photoid=17798080.jpg

Acapulco Gold
fetch?photoid=17798064.jpg

I'll try to show more tomorrow

Humple W.

Anyone planning to grow the new MOB Acapulco Gold Backcross? I grabbed a 15-pack, though I don't know when I'll get to them.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nice pictures... interesting to see that the E32 Guerrero Berry hybrid looks actually more "sativa" than the pure Mexicans Highland Guerrero or Primera Dama plants! 😅

The compact resinous phenotype within the Oaxacan Gold makes me wonder about those indica traits and huge diversity. I've seen plants from both extremes within that genepool. When such unexpected traits are segregating misteriously within the F2 generation it really makes me question wether they are really unhybridized Oaxacan plants or not. Same happened with the BOEL Oaxacan some other people were posting.

The more Mexicans I see, the more I believe the oldschool unhybridized Mexican landraces are gone for good since many time ago and we are just witnessing echoes from the past and their character among all this lineages.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
logically when there is war on cannabis, lot of impractical genetics get lost. war means destruction. and pure nlds are impractical in comparison with hybrids. grow big and tall and thats why it is easily visible from sky. flowers too long, when you need to chop quickly before police comes. and when they use indica from 70s or sooner, it is all probably lost. but you can go to Senegal. where they still grow mexican genetics imported from Mexico in 50s. pure nld.