What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
The Portuguese brought the red pepper to India. They had Goa as part of the Portuguese empire since the 16th century till 1961. Wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Indian varieties from there, but i have read from Duvall's book Cannabis, that the first drug type Cannabis that came to South America was from slaves from Angola and Congo. The indication indica didn't mean in historical point of view that it was broadleaved, but that it was from India. Don't think that the varieties from Goa, Kerala are CBD containing varieties. Sedation effect can also be caused by the terpene composition. Low in myrcene, linalool.
I see. great info again.

but wasnt it like that american pharmacy companies were growing weed for tinctures etc in Colombia from 1850 till 1937.. started with subtropical hashplant. I dont say afghan. some indian subtropical cultivar plants and it didnt grow well there, so they crossed it with seeds they boutght from Dutch company in Indonesia who used some indian sativas as repellent plants at coffee plantages? so thats what colombian is? subtropical hashplant x south indian sativas, of course heavily bred towards sativa, with like 10% or 5% of subtropical cultivar? so colombian got cbd from that subtropical hashplant.

I dont know but I grew congos, from LMN though, and I dont see any resemblance with colombians... I mean in effect. seems very different to me... but on the other it is fact that some varieties around Malawi lake displays some kind of stoniness in that sativa way, not like indica... that is similar to colombians. but congos I grew, were crazy mental effect, complete roller coaster effect, coming in waves.. so different to lumbo...

also that subtropical hashplant cultivar in colombian would explain, why Nevil got indica portion in his Omega plant, or why we see broader lumbomex phenos from Toms haze.

I know we were talking about hashplant in mexican varieties, while I thought it is present from 70s there, you said you think it was introduced much sooner to Mexico. or am I mistaken?

iu

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
THH from the same repro I made...n+1 in my book

View attachment 19001976

THH P1

View attachment 19001977
I'm no expert....would love to know your opinions amigos:)
I asked dubi from ACE if he did try toms posi haze, and he said he smoked some samples from your cuts, I cant remember numbers of those cuts, like 23? or so? heheh

he said it is thai dominant in his eyes. he is expert to me.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I see. great info again.

but wasnt it like that american pharmacy companies were growing weed for tinctures etc in Colombia from 1850 till 1937.. started with subtropical hashplant. I dont say afghan. some indian subtropical cultivar plants and it didnt grow well there, so they crossed it with seeds they boutght from Dutch company in Indonesia who used some indian sativas as repellent plants at coffee plantages? so thats what colombian is? subtropical hashplant x south indian sativas, of course heavily bred towards sativa, with like 10% or 5% of subtropical cultivar? so colombian got cbd from that subtropical hashplant.

I dont know but I grew congos, from LMN though, and I dont see any resemblance with colombians... I mean in effect. seems very different to me... but on the other it is fact that some varieties around Malawi lake displays some kind of stoniness in that sativa way, not like indica... that is similar to colombians. but congos I grew, were crazy mental effect, complete roller coaster effect, coming in waves.. so different to lumbo...

also that subtropical hashplant cultivar in colombian would explain, why Nevil got indica portion in his Omega plant, or why we see broader lumbomex phenos from Toms haze.

I know we were talking about hashplant in mexican varieties, while I thought it is present from 70s there, you said you think it was introduced much sooner to Mexico. or am I mistaken?

iu
That story I haven't found from other sources. Parke Davis did have seed collectors who traveled throughout the world looking for seeds of medicinal plants include Cannabis. Hashplant source was mainly India and Xinjiang. Xinjiang did supply India of hashish till 1935. In that year the Chinese government prohibited the cultivation of hashplants.

The Dutch brought in the 19th century Cannabis seeds from India to Aceh (Gayo mountains) for the coffee plantations as insect repellant plants against caterpillars. The natives recognized the plants. Till 1927 it was allowed to use the plant for recreational use. Since that year the recreational use of Cannabis was prohibited, only medicinal use was allowed.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
That story I haven't found from other sources. Parke Davis did have seed collectors who traveled throughout the world looking for seeds of medicinal plants include Cannabis. Hashplant source was mainly India and Xinjiang. Xinjiang did supply India of hashish till 1935. In that year the Chinese government prohibited the cultivation of hashplants.

The Dutch brought in the 19th century Cannabis seeds from India to Aceh (Gayo mountains) for the coffee plantations as insect repellant plants against caterpillars. The natives recognized the plants. Till 1927 it was allowed to use the plant for recreational use. Since that year the recreational use of Cannabis was prohibited, only medicinal use was allowed.
I always like to read your posts. thanks.

so Xinjiang plant was grown in Colombia by American pharmacy?