What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
haze x skunk, interesting, but not pure haze right?
These plants are from an early 80s cutting, Skunk mother x OHz father. The yield is from the Skunk side but the effect is 100% Haze.(Not my photo)

gallery_27276_10701_285666~2 (1).jpg
gallery_22940_10427_924195~2.jpg

Grew the S1 from this cut.
7d88a0c8a316cb4814dee163968b7b6af7ddc304.jpeg
21b031d7408409290101af82badb10d6caff28ff.jpeg

exoticrobotic

Do we know which Haze went on to parent OSH? Some suggested in may have been the HzC male from Nevil ...

Any ideas if that could be possible @mexcurandero420 @MAHA KALA ?

Id love to hear the differences you perceive @MAHA KALA between seedsman's orig haze and the posi haze.

From pics they look way different. In flower, totally different.

From looks, the seedsmans is more colombian/indian and the posi more thai?

Where's the purple come from?

lol, you are one of a few that have grown both and you have an especially good nose.

in your opinion Is posi haze a selection of original haze or maybe another sativa added to its lineage or totally different haze directional entry?

Do they share any terps?

Nice pics :love:

srry for off topic

Last edited:

Nexus7

What Tom sells is NOT Positronics OHz! It may have been Positronics OHz many years ago but after going through many rounds of selection by Tom Hill it can no longer be called Positronics OHz ... posi OHz f3/f4 or ibl would be a better name if you believe the whole Tom Hill Positronics story which lets face it is kinda sketchy ...

Now imho the main difference is seedsman OHz is pure Sativa while Tom Hill Haze shows signs of indica contamination. THH doesn't stretch as much, flowers earlier and has broader leaves in veg.

Now that's not to say it's not a pure Haze, Nevil did talk about HzB and Omega Haze showing indica, and that's not to say spectacular individuals can't be found with a pure Haze/Sativa high just like Nevil's Haze.

Personally I don't see a whole lot of similarities between Seedsman OHz and THH while NHz does share some similarities with OHz.

Admittedly I've only grown out a few individual of all and often not from the original source so take my opinion with some "grains of paradise" as Johnny would say.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I grew it.

full
full
full
full

I dont know how your S1 plant, but OSH cut doesn't smoke like real haze. it is not electric and it is not speedy. it has similar effect to panama. lazy dreamy chill out effect... too far from real psychedelic haze. advantage of this cut is yield and really loud terp profile.
What I got was 100% Haze from him. I'm not a Skunk guy, I only smoke normally Thai for medicinal purposes, can't stand the narcotic effect of indica's. The S1 seeds I got were from a light leak accident. He didn't sell those.

Back then from the 90 Skunk mother's they choose the best Skmother to breed with the best Haze father they had.This was one Haze line and almost didn't exist after a bust in '84.

There was also another Haze line which got more famous with HzC, AG13, A5, Nevil's Haze.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Id love to hear the differences you perceive @MAHA KALA between seedsman's orig haze and the posi haze.

From pics they look way different. In flower, totally different.

From looks, the seedsmans is more colombian/indian and the posi more thai?
it is simple man.

seedsman is colombian gold dominant(Johnny Chicago told me he found thai pheno there.. ask him but I think it is very very rare), peppery incense one - similar terps you can find in skunkman´s hazeskunk or titans haze. it is similar to Nhz, but not the same! Nhz contains some thai too, very little - like one thai pheno in 20 - 30 females, and it is ammonia incense catpiss leather etc... I am sure it is different line in Nhz than in Seedsman, lil different colombian...

posi is 70% thai blood original haze - lime green and silver blue, the rest is some purple colombian/mexican - very similar terps to oaxacans with colombian teak saw leather to it. rootbeer phenos too.

it was said numerous times, F1s of ohz were uniform, from F2 it divided into different lines. thai was added later, and not all ohz lines contain it..

and really you have to grow piles of it to understand, but it is great experience.

more narrow or less narrow means nothing. the effect is what makes it thai dom or colombian dom... because it is total polyhybrid. if you grew some polyhybrids, you know that you can get colombian looking pheno with thai high, it is total mishmash.. I suggest to distinguish those line according to the effect, not the look..

thai dom pheno of nevilles haze thai pheno x posi haze

nhzphzthaipheno2.JPG

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
What I got was 100% Haze from him. I'm not a Skunk guy, I only smoke normally Thai for medicinal purposes, can't stand the narcotic effect of indica's. The S1 seeds I got were from a light leak accident. He didn't sell those.
is it electric and speedy? or is it space out dreamy effect?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
positronics haze, thai pheno

full

if there is indica in original haze it comes from Colombian side for sure. as Colombian was created as hashplant x south indian sativas. am I right @mexcurandero420 ??? thats why there is cbd in the most of colombians.