What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

koopa

Hey Sam! Dont mean to hi-jack the thread. I am a rookie so please excuse me. I got a question? How long should I veg these. I grow indor 4x4x7 & Last time I tried the T Haze x SK. After about 3-4 weeks veg. It got too big in flower for me so I had to put it outside. Well outside is not safe round here.

Anyway, I grow on a small scale and I was thinking 3-4 nodes max to keep it under control. Good Idea?

Last edited:
E

elmanito

@SamS
Earlier in this thread you said you made the hybrid Californian Orange.Which strain is responsible for the orange smell and taste?

The Purple Haze was a purple pheno of the Oldtime Haze.I smoked Purple Haze in the early nineties and i was amazed about the smell and taste.It reminded me of Frankinsence.Was this the pure Purple Haze or just another strain which was called Purple Haze like what Sensi Seeds nowadays do.

It is practice in the Netherlands even today to use the same name for different strains without knowing the background of the genetics.Yourself experienced it with your Skunk#1.There are strains nowadays on the market which the description said it is crossed with early skunk and when i ask what sort of early skunk they don't have an answer.Strange to me but thats daily business in the Netherlands. :crazy:

Here is a purple pheno of a Yunnan strain not caused by low temperature

Peace
El Manito

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
highz

Johny & mjmat ...you were probably right dudes... my haze revegged a bit on the balcony. i remember we had some dinner parties and a few lights were shining on the balcony during the nights. Funny is, the deep chunk & kush hybrids were not affected at all.. thats why i first thought the haze is kinda mutating or something lol. the small indoor lights are really nothing compared to my balcony sunshine during the day but obviously enough for forcing the pure sativas back to veggy. however, after the plants were moved inside under 13/11 (on) they flowered quite quickly ...and the best female is now making some seeds from a fine smelly berry father :D

15012haze.jpg

15012haze_1.JPG

15012haze_3.JPG

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Looks like your doing a grand job growing those hazy lady's,i've got 2 original haze in bloom at the mo,that reminds me i need to take some cuttings of her or all is lost,apart from re-vegging which i find a pain in the ars.

tree&leaf

Firstly, I must say what a fascinating and interesting thread. I've enjoyed reading it all, particularly the replies from Sam Skunkman, to whom I have a couple of questions if he's still around -

1) What differences have you noticed between Haze grown outside (either in or out of a Greenhouse) and Haze grown under lights in terms of it's effect?

2) If you were growing Haze under lights, what changes to the light spectrums would you make? ie would you add more blue/UVB spectrum (via MH) to HPS?

Thanks.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
From Herbal "reputation" machine said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to XyZ again.

It´s all ^THERE^!!!

:respect: for keeping her so healthy in such small container for so long :respect:
In fact.. I think that shouldnt even called container, when speaking flowering time´s like OH, you truly are magician XyZ, got my riiispekt once again!!

MickTheBrag

XyZ said:
some more flower pics from my fav O.haze clone... growing in less than 1 liter pot hehe'

1501212_12_08_003.jpg

1501212_12_08_004.jpg

1501212_12_08_012.jpg

1501212_12_08_032.jpg

1501212_12_08_014.jpg

1501212_12_08_027.jpg

trust me buddy if you repot that now it'l really fill out those buds. and be a great smoke. nice. :laughing:

buttyrekka

trust me buddy...
...said the blind man, who dropped his hammer and saw.
trust me buddy...
said bubba to his new cellmate

MickTheBrag

buttyrekka said:
trust me buddy...
...said the blind man, who dropped his hammer and saw.
trust me buddy...
said bubba to his new cellmate

what you guys saying iam a grass or a cop. fu#k you. fu#kin ditchweed tokers. better think about what you say before you say it.

buttyrekka

sorry mate no offence intended,just you know if someone says trust me thats the last thing i will do.but like i said no offence intended :smoke:

Last edited:

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
whats the problem here
the guy offered advice and all of a sudden there are some un-needed comments about being a "snitch or a cop"
his advice was good from what I see no need to go off on one about it

MickTheBrag

peace

peace

hey a bit of bad advice, i don't think so. il take it as a missunderstanding all round and forget about it. peace.

but hey try and think man before you mouth off. cause iv'e already had bad rep for nothing on this forum and it really pissed me off.

apologys accepted.
:joint:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I said nothing to be apologized for.

I am certain Xy has those in those size containers for a very good reason.
I am also pretty certain that it doesn't matter at this stage what you transplant them to...they will not drastically change one way or the other.

Confuseus say...
much better to be pissed off, than pissed on...

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hehe kiss up & take it easy :wink:
...we are near xmas after all

just to make it clear... this extremely small containers are for root restriction, so the plants don't stretch so much indoors like pure sativas would do in larger pots. i don't have low ceilings or so, but Hps lights don't have a very deep penetration. my point is to give the Whole plant as much light as possible. & most importantly, the mom on the pics is producing some seeds, which should be done for new year. i really don't care for yield or side flower maturation on this one, what i want is just ripe seeds (takes 4 weeks) ...pollination was at day 80... now she is flowering a bit over 100 daze

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
good day XyZ, that haze plant in that little pot looks amazing :) many pure sativas grow well in restricted spaces so long as a good nutricious diet is provided. However, this brings me to the next point: since you are expecting seeds out of that very nice plant, you should start to flush her if you already have not, since a lot of nutes will make your seeds a lot harder to crack, but without enough nutes, the plant may start to experience deficiencies in such a small container, but that should not be a worry since it is so close to finishing... let us know how it turns out.
k+
peace :)

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello there ...well me not the first time making some seeds... & i'm also not a first time haze grower

never observed a difference in germination if the seeds are matured with more nutes left in the medium. of course it's crap if the plant is kill3d with overdose or pH irregularities. not enough npk will obviously result in more less ripe beans, thats for sure. flush is not in my plan yet. the moms like to eat a bit higher concentration of nitrogen because the seeds are full of proteins. proteins are amino'acids with 50 or more parts together (polymers) and where amino means a compound with nitrogen + hydrogen (usually the radical NH2)

thanks for the k+ & enjoy the weekend :D

Latest posts

Latest posts